“A very nice hotel with a friendly staff!”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were looking into a day trip up to Napa to visit some wineries and read many reviews of hotels on tripadvisor and decided to stay at the Napa Winery Inn. It did not disappoint! For the price I don't think you can go wrong. We had a fast and easy check-in with Jeffrey. He was very friendly and helpful and gave us all the details we needed for our stay. Room was nice and clean with all the basics. Bed was comfortable and provided a great sleep. The hotel was nicely located within a few miles of the wineries. The hotel provides a nightly wine tasting which is a plus and the free breakfast in the lobby was much more than we expected which was also nice touch! We will definitely return on our next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Nick C.,

What a nice review, thank you.

It is so fun sharing these reviews with the staff, especially if it is a surprise. The look on their face is priceless, pure joy. Jeffrey of course is a star, we just love him. I don’t think I could ask for a better staff, I am extremely lucky to have them all.

Thank you again, hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Clean....but not much else to say. When we arrived to are room we were surprised that the walls were bare with the exception of one picture and a very long very narrow mirror behind a chair. My husband went to hang up our clothes in the closet (no door to the closet, but rather a curtain) and the rod fell to the floor. Then as we were preparing for bed, we were brushing our teeth (one sink) and the sink immediately filled up with water.....it drained, but very slowly. Fortunately we brought our pillows, but our friends staying in another room said they were hard & too full, making for a restless night's sleep. We won't be staying there again, not would I ever recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luvem2,

Thank you for posting a review.

I am sorry that you did not find our property to your liking. It sounds like we were just not a good fit for you.

Thank you for mentioning the sink, as I have had maintenance look into it, as well as the rod in the closet.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I checked in late after taking a cooking class at Silverado Cooking School and my room was waiting for me. Even though I missed the comp wine hour, the front desk personality, Jeffery was so gracious and offered me a glass of wine. He was so accommodating. My room was fresh & clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that the room had 2 bottles of water included. The comp breakfast in the morning with the flat screen playing the news and all the tasty treats was so fulfilling. This hotel is a gem & true hospitality with a great value. The manager is also a native of Napa, born & raised. Always ready to point a tourist in the right direction in the wine country. thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Yvonnedetert,

What a lovely review thank you.

I was so excited to share this review with Jeffrey. He is the best, so thoughtful. I am extremely lucky to have him here.

It really is nice to have lived somewhere long enough to know all about it. Quite a few of us here were either; born and raised in Napa, or have lived her from a very young age. It is quite helpful in the hospitality business. Napa Valley is just a joy to work and live in.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you can come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This was great, especially for the price. Room was really big with fridge & wet bar area. It was clean, staff was helpful, nightly wine tastings were a plus. Breakfast was good. This place is not
Five star fancy by any means but assuming you're there to see vineyards & not hang out at the hotel it's perfect. Very nice comfortable and just seemed like it was at least a step or to above what you'd expect for the price point.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cgammon966

Dear Cgammon966,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It was very nice.

It sounds like we surprised you a bit, as far as value and service. That is what I like to hear. We really are a “hidden gem” and as one guest put it, “A treasure in Napa”. Really we are an affordable boutique hotel in Napa Valley. We offer breakfast on real plates, with real silverware, glasses, cloth napkins, uncompromising service, and clean spacious rooms.

We would love for you to come and stay again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in April while tasting and dining in and around napa. The beds were very comfortable, rooms a nice size and everything very well run and managed. It's nice to be so close to the freeway for travelling around, though it may be a bit loud if you were at the pool or had a room on the road side. Either way, free decent breakfast, great service and fair prices. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Book a room away from the freeway side of the hotel.
1  Thank Adam J

Dear Adam J,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time to post it.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fortunate to have a great staff that all love what they do, and ownership that recognizes it, and lets us do what we do best, because let’s face it, without our guests we wouldn’t be who we are.

Thank you again. I hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is so convenient. I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast is provided and wine tasting in the afternoon, Big rooms with wine glasses and a bar sink in the room. It's a small hotel but the rooms are large. We could get to everything because it's right off HWY 29. the secret is exposed. Great price too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I love the title of your review; “Secret revealed”

Yours was such a nice review. I am glad that you found us convenient. I also love our location. Centrally located between downtown Napa (5 minute drive), and Yountville (8 minute drive). Sonoma is only about a 20 minute drive as well.

Thank you again, I hope you can come and stay with us again soon. We have even better prices mid-November through March.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Napa Winery Inn is an outstanding value for anyone wishing to tour the Napa and Sonoma wine areas. It is conveniently located near many of the finest Napa wineries and within easy driving distance of Sonoma County. Besides the value pricing the Napa Winery Inn excels in the professionalism of the staff. One is always greeted with a smile and assistance is offered to meet any need. The discount (two for one) wine tasting coupons help make the Napa experience a reasonable one. In addition the breakfast service is over and above the normal hotel offerings AND the nightly wine tasting offers a great opportunity to sample quality wines and meet fellow travelers from around the world (we met people from Germany, Ireland, Canada, Brazil and throughout the USA). We highly recommend the Napa Winery Inn - a wise choice for the prudent discriminating traveler!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good!
2  Thank james j

Dear Jimjansen,

Thank you, thank you for the very nice review.

I love our staff as well. Our staff have been together for quite some time, from the front desk, to housekeeping, to management. We are like a big family. We want our guests to feel as welcome as they do walking in their own front door.

Our wine tasting in the evening is probably my favorite time of the day. Just like you said you meet people from all over the country. It is a lot of fun.

Thank you again for your awesome review.