“Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover”
Review of Napa Winery Inn

Napa Winery Inn
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was not sure what to expect when checking in. This hotel was chosen for me due to an overbooking situation at another property. That said, the hotel is very clean and the bed was comfortable. It could use an update (the carpeting and some furnishings appear to be outdated and some of the rooms have a 70s feel to them). It is in a nice location for touring and the staff is very friendly. The breakfast was a nice surprise as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear PandMinDC,

I am sorry for the unfortunate circumstances which brought you to us, but it was fortunate for us. I am glad we were able to accommodate your stay, and even happier that you enjoyed your stay
Many of our guest are surprised by the Hot Complimentary Breakfast. We have great selections, and real plates, silverware, mugs, and glassware, with cloth napkins. Not to mention fresh baker items, bacon, sausage, with either scrambled eggs or three cheese omelet’s, as well as buffet of breads, bagels, cereals, yogurt, ets. It is a feast.

Thank you again. I hope you can come back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Napa Winery Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed only 1 night at the Napa Winery Inn, but what a lovely experience. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We took part in a complimentary wine tasting, which was great opportunity to sit with other guest and to hear more about the area from the man who organized the tasting. The hotel has an outside pool. There is a restaurant on site where we had dinner & breakfast. It has also a small local brewery. Again, the staff in there was super friendly. All in all we felt very feel looked after and very welcome and enjoyed our short stay very much. Be aware though that the hotel is outside the village by a main road, which we did not mind.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claudiamP5195WD
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear ClaudiamP5195W,
Your review is very nice, and appreciated, thank you.
Thank you also for mentioning the staff. I think they are one of the most endearing features of the hotel. They are always ready with a smile for you. I am biased of course since they are my work family, but it is true. I am glad they made you feel welcome and you had a memorable experience.
Please give us a call next time you are in the area, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We booked three rooms for two nights and found the experience a wonderful surprise for us and our international guests. The hotel is very clean, staff are very helpful and friendly, and the location is excellent for both activities in Napa and along the wine trails. Parking at the hotel is excellent in front and in back - both easily reachable from the street; breakfast was much more than a cup of coffee and toast; there was an outside pool which we did not use. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! And, it is a great jumping-off point for visiting all of the Napa Valley.

Room Tip: All three rooms were on the north side of the third floor and were very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LBlank-SalinaCA,
Thanks for the great review.
So glad to hear you had a wonderful experience. We aim to please, sounds like we hit our mark. Reviews like yours just make us want to keep doing better and better, so thank you for that.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Accomodations, service, ambience- ALL just wonderful! The room had a frig, spacious bathroom, comfy bed. Nice free breakfast, free wine , cheese and cookies 5:30 to 6:30, headed pool AND jacuzzi. HIGHLY recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Karen G.,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were looking into a day trip up to Napa to visit some wineries and read many reviews of hotels on tripadvisor and decided to stay at the Napa Winery Inn. It did not disappoint! For the price I don't think you can go wrong. We had a fast and easy check-in with Jeffrey. He was very friendly and helpful and gave us all the details we needed for our stay. Room was nice and clean with all the basics. Bed was comfortable and provided a great sleep. The hotel was nicely located within a few miles of the wineries. The hotel provides a nightly wine tasting which is a plus and the free breakfast in the lobby was much more than we expected which was also nice touch! We will definitely return on our next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nick C.,

What a nice review, thank you.

It is so fun sharing these reviews with the staff, especially if it is a surprise. The look on their face is priceless, pure joy. Jeffrey of course is a star, we just love him. I don’t think I could ask for a better staff, I am extremely lucky to have them all.

Thank you again, hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Clean....but not much else to say. When we arrived to are room we were surprised that the walls were bare with the exception of one picture and a very long very narrow mirror behind a chair. My husband went to hang up our clothes in the closet (no door to the closet, but rather a curtain) and the rod fell to the floor. Then as we were preparing for bed, we were brushing our teeth (one sink) and the sink immediately filled up with water.....it drained, but very slowly. Fortunately we brought our pillows, but our friends staying in another room said they were hard & too full, making for a restless night's sleep. We won't be staying there again, not would I ever recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luvem2,

Thank you for posting a review.

I am sorry that you did not find our property to your liking. It sounds like we were just not a good fit for you.

Thank you for mentioning the sink, as I have had maintenance look into it, as well as the rod in the closet.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I checked in late after taking a cooking class at Silverado Cooking School and my room was waiting for me. Even though I missed the comp wine hour, the front desk personality, Jeffery was so gracious and offered me a glass of wine. He was so accommodating. My room was fresh & clean and the bed was comfortable. I liked that the room had 2 bottles of water included. The comp breakfast in the morning with the flat screen playing the news and all the tasty treats was so fulfilling. This hotel is a gem & true hospitality with a great value. The manager is also a native of Napa, born & raised. Always ready to point a tourist in the right direction in the wine country. thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Yvonnedetert,

What a lovely review thank you.

I was so excited to share this review with Jeffrey. He is the best, so thoughtful. I am extremely lucky to have him here.

It really is nice to have lived somewhere long enough to know all about it. Quite a few of us here were either; born and raised in Napa, or have lived her from a very young age. It is quite helpful in the hospitality business. Napa Valley is just a joy to work and live in.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you can come back to see us again soon.