All reviews wine tasting wine reception complimentary breakfast small pool restaurants within walking distance every evening wine country the main highway great place to stay yogurt would stay again convenient location the breakfast area happy hour minute drive wine hour hot tub
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This may not be the most charming hotel option in Napa ("inn" might be a stretch) but it's an affordable, solid option for families and other visitors looking for a clean, convenient place to headquarter. (Think of a Holiday Inn Express and other mid-level hotels.) The staff is friendly and helpful; a typical but satisfying breakfast buffet is included; and there's a bonus---an outdoor heated pool and nice little hot tub to help you relax and have some fun. We enjoyed our night there and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when in Napa.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was quiet, despite the hotel's proximity to the highway. My only complaint as to comfort is the pillows they offer---all of which were big and overstuffed--a style that hurt my neck.
2  Thank WorkerbeeChicago
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Workerbee Chicago,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Napa Winery Inn.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you can return and stay a few days next time. We will make sure to have flatter pillows to offer you, in fact, we have already purchased some since your review. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Thank you again. I look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for five nights. Clean, but needs updating. Price was cheaper than embassy suite with free breakfasts and complimentary evening wine/cheese reception. Helpful staff, very friendly. Pet friendly hotel, but they must keep the animals to the ground floor. Never saw one on the elevator, and the hotel did not smell like other pet friendly places I've been before. Great location near the highway. I didn't have a problem with the noise. Maybe in the summer when napa gets crazy crowded. But this was the perfect time of year to visit. I'd go there again. No restaurant on site, but oventi across the parking lot had decent breakfast if you want something more. Fume bistro on the next block(walk) was amazing! Kadi at the front desk was always so helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Liz A, Front Office Manager at Napa Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Nurse64pw,

Thank you for posting a review for us.

I was excited to share this review with Kadie. It is neat when our guests mention the staff by name.

I am glad you mentioned Fume Bistro, which is so close to us. They are one of my favorite restaurants in Napa. It is a blessing and a curse for me that they are so close. I guess it is a good thing they have the best steak salad.

We have a great housekeeping staff that has been with us for many years. They really take pride in their work, this is why you cannot tell that we are pet friendly, although we do not allow pets on the second or third floor, and we try to keep our pet guests on the first floor.

Thank you again for your great review. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here while celebrating my 65th BD. Our trip included visiting and touring winerys in the Napa area and eating at fabulous places. Location of Inn was perfect, room comfortable and clean, and staff very friendly. Kadie, at the front desk was so pleasant, and offered top rate information. Breakfast was just enough to start our day, and a wine tasting in the early evening was a nice touch before getting ready to go out for dinner.

2  Thank BDgirl65

Dear BDgirl65,

What a nice review, thank you.

I absolutely love hearing great things about our staff. Sharing it with them just makes my day.
It is pure sunshine for them, and for me as a manager there is nothing better. Kadie is going to be so thrilled.

Thanks again. Hope you do not wait too long to come and see us.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my first trip to Napa and was overwhelmed by all of the planning/locations, etc. I ended up going with Napa Winery Inn since it seemed central-ish to places I wanted to see. Above all, price could not be beat...booked more than two months in advance with a non refundable rate on their website. After booking, some negative reviews were posted and was nervous I had made the wrong decision. Well, happy to report Napa Winery Inn was a GREAT decision!
Now that I am familiar with the lay of the land there - the location is perfect! Right on Hwy 29 which is basically the road to 80% of all wineries, towns, etc. Downtown Napa is 10 minutes away. Yountville/Helena 15 min. The drive is not a big deal. With gps - directions anywhere were a breeze!
The hotel itself is quaint and adorable (like a Homewood Suites sort of situation). The front desk is across from a small little area of tables where they serve breakfast every morning and wine tastings in the evening. We took advantage of the breakfast every morning as A: it was included in rate and B: so convenient to just come down at our leisure after waking up and then head back up to room to shower/get dressed for the day. Wine tastings - were nice. They light candles, put out cheese, crackers & fruit. Personally, I was exhausted after a full day of tastings so didn't take par in this every day - but was a very nice setup.

The rooms -- are clean and beds are comfortable. I will say a few items are a little outdated - but overall was perfectly fine. We were in our room only to sleep, shower & get dressed. Actually, never turned on TV in FOUR days! :)

Staff -- SO NICE. All of the staff at the front desk were pleasant and always went above and beyond. My suitcase broke and the hotel engineer offered to fix it.

The wifi works, they have a computer & printer to use in the lobby -- I mean, everything you need these days. Pool and hot tub looked very nice but never had a chance to enjoy.

At the end of the day - I wanted to spend more money on winery visits and dining out than on a hotel. Of course, if we're talking a honeymoon....I'll probably be staying somewhere else ;)

I certainly recommend this hotel to everyone who is planning a trip to Napa Valley!!

Room Tip: After reading other tips on Tripadvisor - I did ask for a room away from the highway when booking. The room was on the third floor overlooking parking lot - but really, there is a beautiful tree that covers everything. I'd recommend asking for a room with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren H

Dear Lauren H,

Thank you for such a great thorough review. I enjoyed reading it.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you can return in the near future.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn for 3 nights while we traveled through the Napa Area. We were very impressed with the accommodations. The staff were very friendly and gave us tips on where to go to eat and tour. The location and price was a big seller for us and exceeded our expectations.

The great part of the Inn was the daily breakfast that was included and the wine tasting at night. I would recommend to families ( has a pool and hot tub) and couples looking to hit up the area wineries .

We would stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlyn S

Dear Caitlyn S,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I also love the breakfast, it is just yummy.

The wine reception in the evening is neat. It is great to see all of our guests mingle together and exchange stories about their Napa Valley Adventures. Good times.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.