This review is way over due...but better late than never! My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary in November 2013, and I could not more highly recommend the 1801 First Luxury Inn. This trip was a lot of firsts for us - first anniversary, first trip to San Francisco, first time in Napa, and first time staying at an inn. I never thought I would be a B&B/inn kind of traveler....but this place has changed my mind for certain. I loved every moment of our three night stay. Highlights: 1) The staff is amazing - two of our mornings there we were waited on by the couple who owns the inn. They are so kind and accommodating. The other staff members are just as great. We loved spending our breakfast time or afternoon wine & cheese hour chatting with them about the area and receiving excellent recommendations on places to visit in Napa Valley. 2) Our room was absolutely beautiful. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms - personal fireplace, soaking tub, shower, separate seating area, and a dream of a bed. We had originally booked a downstairs room but received a complimentary upgrade closer to our visit. Talk about service! 3) The food is so good. I’m gluten-intolerant, and they went above and beyond to not just make sure I didn’t get sick, but to make me delicious gluten free muffins and croissants. I’ve never felt so spoiled. The menu is delicious and accommodates a wide range of breakfast preferences. 4) LOCATION!! The inn is in the heart of Napa. There are many great restaurants and wine bars that are within walking distance. My husband and I barely used the car we rented. I fell in love with this inn. I cannot wait to return. You should definitely make this a part of your next trip to Napa. Or use it as a reason to go to NAPA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated Inn that has changed the mindset of the traditional bed and breakfast. 1801 First has been branded as a landmark property according to The Napa Landmarks Association and continues to be the curb appeal Inn for all tourists and locals alike! We have owned this beauty for 3 1/2 years and have loved being apart of its rich history. A true luxury Inn with graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA