“Worth the little bit extra...especially first timers to Napa!”

1801 First Luxury Inn
Ranked #3 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Chandler, Arizona
“Worth the little bit extra...especially first timers to Napa!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first trip to Napa, and on my wife's "bucket" list, so wanted to make it a "special" weekend. Chose 1801 First because of the reviews on tripadvisor. Gotta say, we made the right choice! Stayed two nights in the Carriage House, more for the privacy aspect than anything. Room was well-appointed, very clean. Staff was very attentive, and the breakfast part of the "B&B" was one of the highlights of the trip. Delicious fare, all inclusive. Fresh juices, fruit, coffee, breads and pastries, and great breakfast food (eggs, thick sliced bacon, sausages, creamy polenta, potatoes, french toast with blueberry topping, etc. - YUM!). Comfortable bed, evening wine receptions from 530pm-630pm each evening. (First night featured a guest winemaker from Elkhorn Peak Winery - tasty wines, very personable and down to earth - we ended up buying 6 bottles from Ken!) Kayli and Felice and the whole staff do their best to make you feel at home - great location, too! We were able to walk right down First Street and be in downtown Napa in just a few minutes (where all the shops, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, etc. are located). Far enough away to be quiet, but close enough to walk there. Plus, when you're drinking wine in Napa, who wants to drive, anyway? :) Choose 1801 First - we're glad we did!

Room Tip: Carriage House and the Garden Suite are separate from the main house, and quieter. You might pay a l...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1801First, Owner at 1801 First Luxury Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dan K,

Thank you for posting your review! We are so happy you loved the privacy and spaciousness of our Carriage House. The two way fireplace and marble bathroom has become a focal point of our exclusive cottage.

We are so glad you took advantage of our close proximity to downtown. Being walking distance to the restaurants, tasting rooms, and boutique shops is such a bonus for our guests. And you couldn't have said it any better! We are close enough to walk there but still have the calmness of being away from the hustle and bustle.

Our staff always try to make our guests feel at home and welcomed. I am thrilled that we lived up to our promise!

Thank you Dan for loving our 1801! And thank you both for spending your "special" weekend with us! Please join us again whenever Napa comes calling :)

Kali, Felice, Carrie & Blair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this beautiful inn and felt completely at home. Great location, lovely property, and great staff. From booking to arriving to staying and to leaving - all superb. My room in the main house on the ground floor was spacious and very comfortable. I really enjoyed the cheese & wine hour in the garden every afternoon - great way to relax and meet other guest. Kali hosted the evenings I was there and was very good company. Breakfast was lovely and filling and it was nice to have a choice without being overwhelmed. On my departure day, I had a full day in Younteville, so they packed up a great breakfast-to-go bag for me and kept my luggage. When I returned later on to collect it, I was invited to join the cheese & wine evening, which I really wanted to do but timing didn't allow. And then, the very kind Carrie drove me downtown to where I needed to be to save me time and carrying my small suitcase! Highly recommended for personal service and would most definitely stay again when I next visit Napa. Thank you :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1801First, Owner at 1801 First Luxury Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
KellsandMills,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you mentioning our superb concierge and booking accommodations. We try to give every guest that first class service and I'm so glad we were able to do just that!

Breakfasts can be substantial so thank you for mentioning our other lighter options to cater to everyone's tastes!

We wanted to make sure your belongings were secure and you got to your destination safely. It was our pleasure to serve you! Even though this was a business venture for you, we are so glad that you were able to still relax and have a stress free arrival and departure with us!

Durham,CT
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Regrettably we only had one night in Napa, to be near my cousin for a pleasant dinner and visit. We will definitely return for a longer stay. We stayed in the main house one first floor room, and one second floor room,both very clean, comfortable with lovely linens/ bathroom extras.The breakfast was well prepared, very hearty large portion, the owner even bagged home-made cookies to-go for us upon departure the next morning.. They could not have been more accommodating. I observed the staff helping others with directions/tours, even directing us to the correct road for our dinner out. They also offered a wine/cheese at 5:30pm, which my cousins were invited to attend with us. I read another preview calling 1801 the perfect place to stay in Napa, it was.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
To Lucca 13,

Thank you for your thoughts about 1801! It is such a compliment to us to hear our guests' would like to stay longer at our Inn. It makes us feel that we are doing our job and giving our utmost in attentiveness and service. Thank you for mentioning your experience!

I'm happy you enjoyed our linens and bathroom amenities. Our lady guests' especially love our make up towels!

We are so thrilled you loved our cookies that you wanted to share some more on your flight. The cookies have been a tantalizing staple for our guests' tastes. Blair and I have to stay away from them, well try to anyway :)

It was such a pleasure to spend time with your family. I hope you visit us again for your next family vacation or maybe... a romantic getaway for the two of you!

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed in this delightful inn for 3 days and were thrilled with the service, breakfast, and convenient location. We stayed in the cozy Garden Room which opens out on the shared patio. We part of a larger group occupying the whole facility so the inn truly had the feel of a large, private home.

Room Tip: Ask the innkeeper which rooms are away from the street if you are bothered by car noise at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennie L
To Jennie L,

Thank you for posting your review about our Inn! We are so glad you enjoyed all the amenities that our cottages and suites provide. The Garden Room is such a charming and lovely cottage. And the French doors is just the finishing touch. Thank you for noticing!

Our staff was happy and willing to make sure every guests' needs were taken care of and satisfied. Service is our priority! Jennie, thank you for sharing your anniversary celebration with us! We hope you and your friends can join us again :)

Cheers,
Kali,Felice, Carrie & Blair
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would definitely recommend 1801 First Luxury Inn and if I'm ever back in Napa this is the place I will stay. The staff was extremely professional and personable. They offered many tips and advice where to go while touring Napa.
Our suite was clean and the bed and linens were soft and comfortable which made for a great sleep. Our room was replenished with bottled water everyday and cleaned very well.
Breakfast was always delicious and served hot and made to order. I particularly loved the fresh baked scones and muffins offered before breakfast, as well as the availability of fresh baked cookies 24/7. I really liked how we were given options for breakfast, rather than having the choice be made for us. We simply picked what we wanted out of the options given and made sure the staff knew our choice the night prior. Our last morning there we had to leave very early, so Carrie arranged to have a breakfast to go bag packed for us, which was great to eat while waiting for our flight at the airport.
The layout of the common area was very comfortable and the garden and common area outside was beautiful. It was private,comfortable and surrounded by a beautiful garden.
The hors d'oeuvres during the wine hour were delicious.
Overall, staying at 1801 First Luxury Inn was a pleasant experience. If you want somewhere very quiet and relaxing where the staff treats you well this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
To Michelle G,

Thank you for your well thought out review! We just love to hear how guests enjoyed our wonderful service and friendly hospitality. And it sounds like you loved the landscaping of our property and the lush, beautiful gardens that surround it . We want guests to feel and sense of calmness and serenity when they enter our doors. I'm so glad we did not disappoint!
Thank you for mentioning our spacious and lovely suites. It sounds like you had a restful slumber while staying with us.

Our breakfast and wine hours seem to be the highlight of our guests' accommodations. I'm so happy you enjoyed every "delicious" part of it!

I wanted to make sure you had some munchies before you arrived at your destination. And it was my pleasure to serve you!

We hope you can join us again the next time you visit Napa :)

Best,
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were in Napa for the first time celebrating my birthday week!!!! This B&B was a wonderful addition to our list of favorites!!!! It truly is a 'Luxury Inn' .....it was beautiful, well maintained, intimate, great location, attentive staff, quiet & peaceful with fantastic breakfasts. Our room was very large with a comfortable King Bed! The evening wine & social hour outside on the patio was really nice and relaxing with really great wine & cheese snacks. It was a great time to mingle with other guests and share your day of experiences. The staff offered many suggestions about dining, wineries and things to do while in Napa. We both throughly enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it for anyone considering a trip to NAPA!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlwmdg
To jlwmdg,

Thank you for writing your review about our 1801! And we all enjoyed conversing with you at breakfast and at wine hour! I especially loved talking about our "secret obsession." The morning hour was so fun and delightful talking with you about our special TV channel. I seriously might take you up on that tour one day! Thank you for mentioning our impressive staff. They go out of their way to make sure every guests' needs are satisfied.

Jody, we are so happy that you spent your birthday week with us and the accommodations and amenities were wonderful! I hope it was everything you wanted! Geminis unite! Hope we will see you again when you visit Napa! For all of us at 1801, the best to M, and the twins!

Cheers,
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Classic, clean, good location. Within walking distance to downtown Napa. Great patio in the back of hotel for happy hours. Breakfast made fresh to order daily. The BnB hosts are friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
To KRazyinAZ,

Thank you for posting your review! We loved to hear that our staff was attentive, and our wine and breakfast hours were enjoyed by our guests as well. And thank you for mentioning our courtyard patio. It is becoming our little kept secret! Thanks again for the recommendation! We hope you can visit us again!

Best,