“Great Zins”

Robert Biale Vineyards
Ranked #30 of 190 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Biale is the premiere House of Zinfandel.
“Great Zins”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We ended up here based on a recomendation from an employee from another winery after we expressed our like of Zinfandel. We would like to thank that other winery employee for this tip. We loved all of the wines we sampled and became Members of the Black Chi ken Society! Do yourself a favor and make a reservation....you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013

San Francisco, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love the Black Chicken”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I visited this winery based on a recommendation of a friend. It did not disappoint. Great Zinfandels. The Black Chicken is wonderful. The staff is really friendly and welcoming. I ended up joining the wine club on my second visit. I recently attended one of their events, a BBQ. What a wonderful experience. The co-founders are pouring wines and talking about the wines. They generally appreciate their wine club members. I belong to 5 wine clubs but this is my favorite.

Visited May 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very private and great wines”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

You need to schedule a tasting here, as they try to only have on group at a time. We were the first of the day, and spent an hour sitting on the patio tasting wines and looking at the vineyards. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. And the best part is, the wines are GREAT. Watch out for black chickens!

Visited March 2013
US
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Small and personal with wonderful wines”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

In general I think the necessity of making an appointment at a winery is a little pretentious, but nevertheless on the advice of a friend we did that at Biale and they didn't disappoint. Very personal, beautiful views, comfortable patio and Alyse (I hope I spelled that right) was helpful, knowledgeable, and fun. I enjoyed the wines very much. Their signature wine is Black Chicken and that was excellent but also enjoyed one called Varossa. The Syrahs are terrific. If you want to sit down and taste some excellent wines I would say this is a definite must. There's no winery dog (is there?) big retail presence, no tour buses - just wonderful wines.

Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Lovely vineyard!!!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The concierge in our hotel recommended this vineyard as we were looking for a more boutique experience rather than the 'big box' winery's. We LOVED the wine and the experience. Alyse was pouring the tastings for us and even sat and joined us at one point. She was knowledgeable about the wines and shared some of the prohibition era stories with us! ... Back in the days of prohibition, a "black chicken" was code for a bottle of wine! This winery specializes in Zinfandels, we Definitely found room in our luggage to take home a few bottles. This was one of our favorite wineries, it was laid back and relaxing, the opposite of many of the vineyards in the valley, there are no big bus tours here but the wine is amazing and we even got of meet the owner Bob Biale!!! Loved this winery!!

Visited November 2012