“Watch out for Black Chicken its addictive”

Robert Biale Vineyards
Ranked #30 of 190 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Biale is the premiere House of Zinfandel.
Boston
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Watch out for Black Chicken its addictive”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was my second visit in 3 years to Robert Biale. The first visit we were referred there after a tasting at a neighboring vineyard. Both times it was excellent. We did not have a reservation but showed up anyway. The staff was friendly and although they were with a group were happy to accommodate us for a tasting. The tasting was outside in the shade overlooking their beautiful vineyard. The host sat with us while we sipped their amazing wines and explained each one. This is one of my favorite vineyards in NAPA. We bought 4 of their wines to take back home to Boston.
A great small quiet vineyard with excellent wine.

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Service and Zinfandel”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I recently visited Biale Vinyards and was incredibly impressed with the staff, particularly our host, Elise, who expressed great enthusiasm for the wines, their history and in particular the Black Chicken! I was able to taste all the wines I wanted several times and was so in love with the red Zins and Elise's explaination of the origin and specific wine process used by the Biale's, that I joined the Black Chicken Society which allows you to receive 4 bottles every quarter for a discounted rate. I received my first shipment within 2 days of returning home from Napa. Elise was a fantastic host and her service and the Vinyard was the highlight of my trip! Thanks Elise!

Visited June 2013
“Great Zins”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We ended up here based on a recomendation from an employee from another winery after we expressed our like of Zinfandel. We would like to thank that other winery employee for this tip. We loved all of the wines we sampled and became Members of the Black Chi ken Society! Do yourself a favor and make a reservation....you won't be disappointed.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love the Black Chicken”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I visited this winery based on a recommendation of a friend. It did not disappoint. Great Zinfandels. The Black Chicken is wonderful. The staff is really friendly and welcoming. I ended up joining the wine club on my second visit. I recently attended one of their events, a BBQ. What a wonderful experience. The co-founders are pouring wines and talking about the wines. They generally appreciate their wine club members. I belong to 5 wine clubs but this is my favorite.

Visited May 2013
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very private and great wines”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

You need to schedule a tasting here, as they try to only have on group at a time. We were the first of the day, and spent an hour sitting on the patio tasting wines and looking at the vineyards. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. And the best part is, the wines are GREAT. Watch out for black chickens!

Visited March 2013