We spent a couple of nights at the Blackbird Inn in June 2013. The Inn is very convenient and accessible, with a private parking lot in back. The Inn is within a short walking distance to downtown Napa. The property is at the stop-lighted intersection of two major streets, so we were concerned about traffic noise at night, but our room on the second floor at the corner of the building closest to the intersection was very quiet (with the windows closed) and we heard nothing but our own snoring. The air conditioning system works well, which was important during what we were told was an unprecedented heat wave in the Napa Valley.
The conversion of what had obviously been a home into a B&B was very tastefully and elegantly done, but adding bathrooms to all the bedrooms left the bedrooms -- and the bathrooms -- somewhat tiny, but attractive and comfortable, nevertheless. The bed was super-comfortable, but the foam pillows left one of us with a sore neck for a few days. Everything was quite clean and well-maintained. There's a large gathering room on the main floor that is well furnished and comfortable, as well as equally comfortable seating on the front porch.
The late afternoon wine/snacks buffet was delightful -- good wine, excellent cheeses, delicious fresh fruit. The breakfast buffet is self-serve but well-supplied with a sufficiently wide range of choices, including fresh-baked pastries and egg dishes. Contrary to some of the other reviews, we found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Be aware that there is no staff present overnight, and when we called the posted overnight telephone number with a question about the room's equipment, we only reached an answering service and did not receive a return call.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historic downtown Napa, Blackbird Inn offers the intimacy of a vintage hideaway, yet is an easy walk to many shops and restaurants. With its spacious front porch, huge stone fireplace and liberal use of fine woods, Blackbird Inn creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Blackbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Napa
- Blackbird Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blackbird Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA