The Inn is beautiful and great care has been given to restore the old 1905 home to its current beauty. However, our compliments end with our respect for the fabulous architecture and restoration. On our first evening, as we sat on the balcony relaxing before heading out to dinner, my husband noticed that a lot of debris and old food under the bed. That discovery certainly made us wonder about the cleanliness of our room and the Inn from the start! On Sunday morning, we went downstairs for breakfast. Expecting a typical Inn or Bed & Breakfast meal, we were dreadfully shocked to find what was offered. Service on Sunday morning included a half inch thick quiche that was overcooked with absolutely no taste. An attempt at French toast, or perhaps it was a version of bread pudding, was cold and soggy with uncooked egg mixture. The other choices of fruit, muffins, toast, English muffins, cold cereal, coffee and juice were the items we opted for as the hot items were inedible. The breakfast offered on Monday morning was not any better. The Blackbird Inn failed miserably on many unforgivable levels. There was NO hospitality period. All of the Blackbird Inn employees we encountered lacked the basic hospitality skills necessary to run a successful establishment. The young lady that was on duty on Sunday and Monday did not bother to look up from the computer screen she was so engrossed in to (1) acknowledge guests, (2) find out if a guest needed anything, (3) say good bye as guests were leaving or (4) look at the breakfast service to make sure it was running smoothly. My husband actually stood in front of this young lady with an empty coffee cup and was completely ignored! Additionally, that same person NEVER said a word to us even during check-out. Considering the youth of the Blackbird Inn employees we encountered, I suspect they either just didn’t care or may have failed to receive proper hospitality training. We also observed a severe lack of supervision at the Blackbird Inn. We will never return to a Four Sisters Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historic downtown Napa, Blackbird Inn offers the intimacy of a vintage hideaway, yet is an easy walk to many shops and restaurants. With its spacious front porch, huge stone fireplace and liberal use of fine woods, Blackbird Inn creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Blackbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Napa
- Blackbird Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blackbird Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA