First, be aware that this is a bed and breakfast not a small hotel. You won't find a hot tub or large rooms, however, the Blackbird Inn aptly fits the description "charming" with its meticulous attention to craftsman detail in the architecture, art, and furniture. They go out of their way to offer special touches: cookies, lemon water, coffee, tea, and soft drinks are available in the "lobby" (really the living/dining room) all day. There is a binder of menus for restaurants nearby. The wine hour offers wine and some quite nice appetizers (mozzarella and roma tomatoes with balsamic, quiche) and is serve yourself in the living/dining room. Breakfast is included and again, very nice selection of juices and hot food as well as muffins and fruit.
The location is excellent. We had no problem parking directly in front of the inn, though there is also a lot in the back. Main Street is a pleasant walk and there are many restaurants there. It's also nice to take a walk along the river before or after dinner. All possible without having to get in your car.
The rooms are not large and not really conducive to lingering in. I suppose you could read in the living/dining area but as that is also the lobby where the innkeeper has his desk, you'll be hearing the phone ring and won't exactly be hanging out in your robe with a glass of wine. Though we had a small back porch, it was a fenced off bit of the parking lot and though they made it as cute as I think anyone could, still not really a place to hang out. Also, while I enjoyed the Greene and Greene style of décor. It really is very dark--another reason not to stay inside.
Prices in Napa are high so I felt this was a good and pleasant place to stay for the price but small issues such as not feeling like lingering in the room even though it was comfortable, clean, and unique and terrible water pressure in the shower, make me hesitate to give it too high a rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in historic downtown Napa, Blackbird Inn offers the intimacy of a vintage hideaway, yet is an easy walk to many shops and restaurants. With its spacious front porch, huge stone fireplace and liberal use of fine woods, Blackbird Inn creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blackbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackbird Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Napa
- Blackbird Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Blackbird Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA