Frankly, I was expecting a more upscale boutique inn for the money that I was paying.
Upon arrival I didn't feel especially welcomed by anyone. There was no bellman or anyone showing any sort of hospitality. Once I found Joyce, she didn’t seem very happy to be doing her job. She had no personality and has no business working the front desk or showing guests to their rooms. The young woman working the desk Saturday morning, May 31, was greatly under-trained. She had no knowledge of what time most stores opened up in town or any recommendations of shops. Her reply was, "I don't really shop in town." What a poor response! Train your staff! No staff member stood out or impressed us in any way during our stay.
Room #8 was nicely decorated, but was dated. The bed and bedding were the best part of the room. The carpet on the stairs leading up to the room appeared to be new. However, as soon as we stepped into the room we noticed that the carpeting was in horrible shape. It was worn and ripped. Why stop the new carpet just outside the guestroom door? What a shame... The bathroom door squeaks terribly and the toilet tank 'runs' and needs adjustment. The warped Pergo flooring in the toilet room makes the place look cheap. Very disappointed that this room was so run down and housekeeping, the maintenance crew and management aren't more on top of these things (and does something about it.)
Our stay was enjoyable because of the memories that we made, unfortunately not by the quality of the inn. For the premium cost per night, this inn fell far below expectations. I felt completely ripped off!
We had nice massages at the spa, but (again), way overpriced for the quality of the facility and services given. The grounds were nice, but could have been more manicured and weren’t as large as advertised.
There was only one person who stood out and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. That person was Missy Parras, whom I didn't even have the pleasure to meet personally and thank her. She made numerous reservations for us ahead of our trip and I'm very grateful for her assistance.
The awards, accolades, & fancy website are all false advertising.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa, an elegant Napa hotel in California's esteemed wine country. Hidden away on three verdant acres overlooking the idyllic Napa River, discover a place unlike any other Napa hotel.Here you will encounter five-star luxury that emphasizes thoroughly sophisticated service and style in a tranquil, intimate ambiance.In this superb Napa Valley setting, simply sumptuous accommodations are bathed in serene colors and accented with an exotic flair. Thoughtful touches invite pampering and romance, such as flickering fireplaces, canopy beds with the finest linens, rain showers and oversized hydrotherapy tubs outfitted with green tea bath salts and votive candles. Combining the best signature service of larger Napa hotels with a very exclusive and intimate ambiance. This luxury Napa hotel offers 12 exclusive and very private suites, each with a unique style of its own unlike other Napa Valley hotels.Ease into your day with a gourmet breakfast served wherever you wish, from the privacy of your room to al fresco on the Waterfall Terrace. At day's end, unwind at the Magic Hour, our complimentary wine and cheese reception, where you can meet local vintners, chat with our staff members and share stories with other guests.Envelop your senses in pure bliss at our stunning Milliken Creek Spa, where healing, natural elements unite with holistic, therapeutic treatments. Treat yourself to a restorative aromatherapy massage and a revitalizing facial in this private spa that caters exclusively to our guests.Do as little or as much as you would like. Wander the lush grounds, relax in Adirondack chairs, or take it all in from your private deck. Venture forth and explore everything from the scenic Silverado Trail to the area's incomparable wineries, world-renowned restaurants, intriguing shops, plus endless events and activities. Milliken Creek Inn & Spa is a Boutique Napa Valley hotel paired with world-class service. We look forward to pampering you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Milliken Creek Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milliken Creek Hotel Napa
- Milliken Creek Inn And Spa Napa, Napa Valley, CA