“Will Definitely Go Back!”

Milliken Creek Inn and Spa
Ranked #10 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Galveston, Texas
“Will Definitely Go Back!”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I have to say, this was the greatest place I have EVER stayed. My husband and I wondered the cost of "living there". :) It was very hard to leave. I am not one for bed & breakfast, so I would not call Milliken Creek that. I found it a lot more private, as a boutique hotel. There's almost a sense of staying in a home due to the beauty of the accomodations and grounds, but you cannot hear anyone in other rooms and you are not forced to mingle with others, as you are in a bed & breakfast. The location is perfect. You are right in the middle of any vinyard you could ever want to tour. The beds are HEAVENLY. The breakfast is delicious- try the homemade belgian waffle! The staff goes above and beyond. The rooms are HUGE, especially the bathrooms. Our couples massage was so relaxing. We loved it!! I'm recommending it to anyone that I know doing a wine country trip in the future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 28 July 2010

My husband and I just returned from a glorious first (but not last) visit to Milliken. After a chance meeting with their charming General Manager Connie at a recent event, we decided to check into a last minute getaway which she graciously arranged. Milliken is a very special property. The grounds are spectacular, offering a natural beauty and serenity that is hard to find in this area, the rooms cozy and charming, turn down service on the second night included glowing candles and a great jazz mix playing. Couples massage on Saturday morning was one of the best we've experienced with not only talented and wonderful spa staff but champagne and strawberries waiting for us afterwards. I know there were other people there because the parking lot was full but one the magical things about this place was that we felt we were the only ones staying at Milliken! Breakfast was quite delicious, delivered in a lovely basket each morning which we took out to the main patio, complimentary water and sodas were a nice touch, comfy robes and Connie also arranged a beautiful bouquet from my husband as a surprise when we returned from our spa treatment. Bathroom was large and lovely, complete with deep soaking tub - last BUT SO not least....the bed was incredibly comfortable. We have finally found a home away from home here in wine country. Milliken will be a top choice next time we need to get away for a relaxing and beautiful weekend. Don't be discouraged by the location, driving home from Yountville after dinner was not an issue. Also just up the road from Krupp Wineries, who originally introduced us to Connie. If you have a chance, stay at Milliken, this place is a gem. We'll be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I love this place, the rooms are huge and the design is so sensitive to creating "that feeling" the lighting is amazing, in fact I've never been to a hotel with better lighting. Each evening our room was turned down and we were greeted with candles everywhere. Breakfast is brought to wherever you want. THE BEDS were SO comfortable. I loved the tub. We planned on one night and stayed three that's how much we liked it!

The most surprising thing was NO TIPPING. We tried to tip and they told us they are a no tipping property. It actually makes a huge difference because the price you are quoted (plus taxes and fees) is what you pay. All the water (voss) is free too in the room. Breakfast is also included.

It was a peaceful, beautiful place with the best vibe. We were there during the week so the room rate was less expensive. Admittingly it's not for the people who want to order room service in the middle of the night, but if your out to explore napa and have a SUPER ROMANTIC NIGHT then it's perfect. There is cheese and wine every evening, plenty of restaurants in the area etc.

I would definitely go back, especially for anyone looking to have a sexy getaway.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We made the mistake of only spending one night here....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I had a business meeting offsite. I was trying to find something small where we could take over the entire place. I could not find anything just right but Connie was so great over the phone I could not resist giving Milliken Creek a try and it is the best business decision I have ever made.

There were so many beautiful places at the Inn that we felt like we had the place to ourselves. We were catered to and taken care of so well I will absolutely think of this place when I don't have to focus on work. The creek running by and all the water fountains were a wonderful distraction at the end of a busy day. Each room was special and unique all the details were done with care.

When I am ready for a real vacation this is the first place I am going to look. Breakfast was as gourmet as they promised. Each person catered to us and cared about all the details...right down to the nice direction cards to various wineries around town. Everyone was generous with their time and attention.

I am not a nice person...I have traveled the world and had the best service and am very demanding...Milliken Creek Inn and Spa competes with my Top 3 places to go in the world. Worth every penny and then some. Support these good people, they do it right and deserve the best of the best.

My only regret: not taking in the SPA services.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2010

my brand new husband and i were privileged to spend our honeymoon at this intimate inn and spa. the staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful and the rooms were completely luxurious and private!! magic hour was a great way to interact with other guests! the service was flawless and the assistance from staff on every last detail, from breakfast to a place to eat dinner, was amazing! the spa at this inn is definitely indulgent!! the treatments are under-priced considering the skill and expertise of the staff at the spa! the rooms are beautiful and more than you could ask for, our room was bigger than a studio loft!! we loved every second of our stay and cannot wait to return for our anniversary!!! this is THE romantic place to stay in napa!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
columbus, OH
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this attractively appointed inn. I had read great reviews and having visited the Valley many times, we're always looking for new upscale inns/hotels. We felt we made a mistake in several areas: the town of Napa is depressed and depressing, and we hadn't realized that Copia had closed a year ago, so there was less than nothing to do in the immediate area. The inn is beautifully situated on a small river, and the deluxe room we had was very pleasant, with its own deck and a lovely small garden outside. Breakfast is included with stale pastries.They also have the ubiquitous wine hour in the afternoon. And lousy chocolates at turndown. We were celebrating a special birthday, so I decided to go all out, but at these prices, plus a hefty "service charge" daily, this was a mistake. Not sure what the service charge covered, as no services are provided other than housekeeping. There is no pool and the spa services are very pricey. so overall, we felt completely ripped off. We could have/should have stayed at the Auberge de Soleil and received more value. I am kicking myself for blowing so much money for an experience that did not meet expectations.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Susieg456
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel

Been to Milliken Creek Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!