“Not worth the money”

Carneros Resort and Spa
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've stayed in some of the best hotels around the world and their customer service was very poor! I am thoroughly disappointed. The facilities were nice, but you don't pay that price point and get poor service. They have a lot to learn from places like St. Regis hotel in San Francisco, where I eventually moved to. I am sad to say, I will never be back.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We arrived on Tuesday 4/23 to amazing weather. What a start to a great stay at Carneros. I had been wanting to stay here for awhile and was invited by my company for an overnight event in which I brought my husband.

We were a large groups so most people did not get into their rooms until 4pm or after. But that was no matter as there was plenty to do. We arrived at noon and grabbed a quick lunch. Then we took one of the Inn bicycles (3 speed) for stroll. There are baskets you can get for the bikes at the front desk. We biked a local loop that is about 4.5 miles. We stopped at Mondavi Winery which is about a mile or so up the road. Mention that you are staying at Carneros and you get a 5 wine tasting for free! There are beautiful views there off the back deck and excellent wines. The carry three different family labels. In retrospect, I wish we had brought our lunch up to Mondavi and enjoyed it on their back deck. Or even brought a blanket and eat lunch somewhere in a local winery field! We spent the rest of our afternoon enjoying the pool, hot tub and soaking up the wonderful Napa sun! We then headed for a early evening couples outdoor massage which was wonderful! Then we headed to my work event cocktail hour and dinner which was held on site in Inn court yard and hall. The food was very good and the event went off without a hitch!

We stayed in Ceja 4. It has an amazing outdoor space which is extremely private! It is a wonderful room with a fire pit, outdoor soaking tub and outdoor shower. The outdoor tub was covered up so we did not use it. The indoor shower offers two different shower heads. One I did not like the main shower head which also had wall jets as there was not enough pressure on the shower head so I was glad there was a second option which had more pressure than the main shower head. The indoor fire place has a timer which allowed us to fall asleep gazing at the fire! We woke in the morning and I opened all the double doors to our private oasis and let all the fresh mountain air in! I really loved our room! I wish I could own a bungalow just like this!

The staff here was over the top accommodating and very friendly! We felt very welcome here. I would love to be able to stay here again! We did not pay for our stay but my understanding is that our room would have been around $745 a night and I think it is well worth it if you have the money!

I did not see any kids while here and I am not sure this is a place where I would bring kids unless they are very well behaved. It seems like most of the people we ran into were staying here to get away and have a nice a quiet weekend.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Livewild
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My wife and I planned several months ago to visit the Napa area to celebrate our 25th anniversary and we investigated dozens of properties searching for the best place to stay. After a great deal of researching and phone calls, we decided on The Carneros Inn and it was the best choice of our entire trip. This property is first class in very way and no detail was overlooked. The location is ideal because it is located basically halfway between Napa and Sonoma and it was easy to navigate the entire region from here.
Some reviews on TA mentioned difficulty with the check-in process, but our experience could not have been any easier or more pleasant. We were greeted with a glass of merlot upon arrival and Erika was wonderful and friendly as she checked us in and reviewed the property for us. Because this is an Amex FHR property, we were entitled to free breakfast and other amenities and, again, those were provided with no difficulty at all. The staff even provided us a bottle of wine to help celebrate our anniversary.
Our cottage was Dirosa 8 and it was lovely, clean and quiet. Every aspect from the heated bathroom tiles to the indoor gas fire place was perfect and the patio was large enough for us to sit and enjoy our room service breakfast each morning. The bathroom was huge and the outdoor shower was a great experience. We had two comfortable leather chairs in a sitting area in front of the tv and fireplace and relaxed in those each night enjoying the warmth of the fire. We heard no other noise from any other cottage or from other guests comings and goings.
The cottage is located near the Hilltop area of the property and we spend most afternoons up by the pool relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenary. The pool area has a wonderful server named Cali who took great care of us and was very friendly and fun to talk with. Any trip to the pool or to the Carneros must include several orders of the Carneros doughnuts. These bite size treats were incredible and very addicting.
I am not a globe trotting traveler, but I have stayed at many higher end properties and tend to lean toward places like Ritz Carltons due to their level of service and luxury, but the Carneros Inn was, without a doubt, the best hotel experience I have ever enjoyed and we will definately be coming back and staying here again. I can think of no other choice when visiting this area. Thanks again to the entire staff for making our 25th anniversary an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage near the Hilltop area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark3735
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Carneros Inn is the ultimate Napa experience. We enjoyed a fabulous stay at this excellent property. Top notch accommodations, service, food and amenities make for a memorable stay. Dinner on site at The Farm was wonderful. Be sure to take a bike ride in the area- plenty of gorgeous vineyards at every turn. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: The cottages with outdoor fireplaces and hot tubs are the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Forehandr
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We totally enjoyed our week at The Carneros Inn. A very laid back property , rustic luxury, set in an orchard setting in the hart of wine country. The suite/villa we were in has two bedrooms with a family/living room in the middle, kitchen and dining area. Great living space , very nicely decorated. The living room has sliding doors that open up to a very spacious patio with an oversized hot tub. Nice ! Two fine restaurants are within few minuets walk, a good idea if one has been on a wine tasting tour. There are two swimming pools , a Spa , a market, and an up to date fitness center.

Room Tip: Copland #6 is a 5 minute walk to everything.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at the Carneros Inn and held our wedding here this fall. Our stay in a Vineyard Suite was very relaxing -- the two separate rooms provided privacy and the terrace was great for drinking wine and just hanging out. Rooms are well equipped, bathrooms spacious and bed and outdoor shower were super comfortable. The service was good, but a slight complaint with the check-in time. While we were promised an earlier check-in on a best efforts basis since we had a rehearsal on the grounds that day, we did not get our room until half an hour before 4PM.

Our wedding ceremony and reception, which were held at the Apple's Orchard and Hilltop Restaurant respectively, were amazing! The grounds are beautiful, food delicious and servce impeccable. Brooke, the wedding coordinator, did an amazing job! Not only was she responsive, friendly and helpful throughout the whole process, she was a joy to hang around with as well. Thank you so much Brooke! While having a wedding at the Carneros Inn is not cheap, it was worth every penny. All of our friends, who have traveled from all over the world, commented on the top notch service and good food. The beauty of the place speaks for itself.

Room Tip: Splurge for a suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic resort with a very personable staff. We stayed in Hall 1 and it was perfect. Quiet and gorgeous. The room was very spacious with spectacular hard wood floors, an indoor fireplace, and a top of the line bed. The bathroom was again very spacious with a double sink, heated stone floors, a very large shower for two and a deep soak tub. The backyard was very quaint with outdoor heating and a fire pit and an outdoor shower and soak tub. Wonderful place and would recommend to anyone visiting Napa!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MFM19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Hotel Yountville
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill

Been to Carneros Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!