Signorello Estate Winery
Ranked #45 of 205 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: This place is temporarily closed. Signorello Estate specializes in estate grown wines and exquisite food and wine pairings. The estate, located on the Silverado Trail just north of the town of Napa, sits atop its own hill and offers guests one of the most breathtaking views in the valley. The extensive food and wine program has been rated 3 1/2 stars by the San Francisco Chronicle, and is considered one of the ten best tasting room experiences in California.
Reviewed 28 February 2013

From the moment we walked through the door, there was an unfriendly vibe in the tasting room. Since it was our first visit to the winery we were interested in learning more, but the girl behind the counter didn't seem well equipped to answer even the most basic questions. Wines weren't anything special and the fact that we were the only couple there made me wonder if others had a similar experience. I should have payed closer attention to some of the other Trip Advisor reviews before stopping here.

All reviews
in 24 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We enjoyed the wine pairing lunch and it was one of the highlights of our beautiful weekend in Napa. Great wines and tour. Chef's creations and pairings were exceptional.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We visited Signorello in September 2011 for the first time. We booked the Enotecha (which took place indoors) and had a marvelous experience. Both the food and the wines were terrific. My husband had a nice chat with the chef. As we were returning in September 2012 I checked online to see what else we might do at this location. We booked their Terrazzo Summer Pairing (pizza & wine flight). We were seated on the patio overlooking the infinity pool and the valley, sipping wine and enjoying a small Margherita pizza. Spectacular. This was our last stop before dinner that evening and our departure the next day. A perfect way to end our week and soak in more of the beautiful scenery that is Napa Valley.

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We recently hosted a private dinner (for our wedding) here for a small group of friends.
Firstly let me say that the property is stunning. It is set atop a hill with an infinity pool and a view of the valley that is unparralleled. We were all looking forward to the dinner since the winery boasts a private chef and the menu is left to his discretion and creativity. Based on the caliber of restaurants in Napa we were looking forward to something spectacular.
Unfortunately the dining experience was not great. Since the dinner was for our wedding we were provided with printed menus, but when the dishes were served two of the four courses did not match the menu. We thought this was quite poor since the menus were just paper menus printed in house. We would have expected that new menus would have been printed if the chef needed to change the dishes for some reason.
The food was also a problem. The first course was a panzanella salad with avocado. The salad tasted nice, but the avocado slices were brown and had been mangled when the skin was removed. This was summer in Napa Valley so there was no excuse not to have nice ripe avocados. Plus, if the chef couldn't find any non-brown avocados, then he should have just left them off the dish.
The two courses following the salad (a rabbit and a beef) were both served with polenta (eventhough the rabbit was supposed to be served with semolina gnocchi). In a four course menu, in my opinion, there is no excuse to duplicate a significant component of a dish. I'm not a chef, but even I wouldn't do this at a dinner party at my house....and he's a professional. Keep in mind also that the menu is totally left up to him with no input from the guests so he has full creative reign.
The presentation of the rabbit was also very poor, with the rabbit just slopped on top of the polenta. Again, at a high end facility with a private chef, one would expect a well presented dish.
The beef dish was similarily unremarkable. Fanned beef on a polenta bed with sauteed greens. My beef was of fine quality but I had two of my guests tell me that they couldn't eat theirs because it was fatty/sinewy.
Dessert was the greatest disappoinment of the meal. The menu had listed a pannacotta with fresh raspberries which we were all looking forward to after a hot summer evening. When the dessert came though, it was a fig strudel with cheese. ? Dark, heavy and not at all the summer dessert we were all expecting.
All in all, the dinner was definitely below the standards of Napa Valley and well below what I would expect from a dinner prepared by a private chef for a small group. The dinner left me with the feeling that the chef didn't really care what he was putting out.
A further disappointment came after we mentioned our concerns about the meal to the hospitality manager of the facility and after replying to a few questions from her, we never heard back. Not an apology for the menu mix up, not an apology that we weren't happy with the meal. Nothing.
The bottom line? If you are only going here for a tasting, go. The wine is good and the property is stunning. If you are considering a private dinner, consider elsewhere.