“Great Honeymoon stay!”

River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Between the two of us, we had never been to Napa. We took a gamble on a non-chain hotel. We were happy to arrive and see very friendly staff. Upon entering our room, we were welcomed with a very spacious, plush room, with amazing beds! Also, the dual showerheads were a nice added bonus.

I strongly recommend the river view rooms (the room I stayed in), as the city view rooms do not have much of a view. Also, plan to spend at least one night out by the fire sipping on some wine on their peaceful back patio in the restaurant.

The only drawbacks were that the patio in the room was a bit crammed and the air conditioner had a faint smell, but were both minor issues considering the mild whether.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank KTAnderson
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us on your recent visit. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your River View room and our patio, serenely located adjacent to the Napa River. I am sorry that you found your balcony a bit tight and had an issue with your air conditioner, but it did not appear that it negatively affected your visit. I hope to host you again next year for your anniversary.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We loved this hotel Shela & Nick did a great job getting us checked in and even giving us a free upgrade. The hotel was walking distance to downtown where you can find great places to have lunch. Breakfast was good we ate outside on the Terrace! We will definitely recommend this hotel

1  Thank Paul J

Thank you for allowing us to host your during your recent visit to the Napa Valley. I am pleased that Sheila and Nick took good care of you and that you enjoyed our great location. I am glad that you took advantage of our patio for breakfast. I hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Our room was perfect. Overlooked the river. Was beautiful. They upgraded us without us even asking. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The shower experience was great. A two headed shower...sooo nice! Really enjoyed staying here. Was pleasantly surprised. First time staying here too. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are beautiful
1  Thank M K

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Thanks, too, for mentioning how friendly and helpful our staff was during your visit. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room. I look forward to hosting you when you visit again.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I stayed in October 2011 with three other couples and toured Napa Valley for four days. This hotel was a real find. Our room was completely renovated and up to date, roomy with a great bed and an outstanding, large shower. The hotel breakfast and wait staff were as good as I have experienced lately. The patio eating and lounge area is on the river and has a great fire pit for those nippy Fall mornings and evenings. The hotel is right off a main artery, easy to find, and within a reasonable walking distance (6 to 8 blocks) of a great variety of downtown Napa restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had parking lot side rooms without balconies overlooking the Napa River. The rooms were still qui...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank DesMoines
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you and your group for your recent visit to our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and took advantage of our patio for dining and relaxing. I am also glad that you took advantage of our convenient, close to downtown Napa, location. Please come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a great place to stay the girls at the front desk were very helpful and a lot of fun! The location is walking distance to oxbow & downtown. Booked a room in front of the hotel which was fine for us we spent more time outside on the patio which was very relaxing breakfast was good, however there servers are little slow getting us seated but other than that we had a wonderful stay and will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for enjoying the breakfast and Terrace patio, as well as our convenient location near the Oxbow Market and Downtown Napa. I am also pleased that you found our Front Desk staff helpful and fun. I hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

The hotel is picturesque from the outside, but going by what you are paying, it is in dire need of some upgrades. In our room the walls were scuffed, dirty, had definitely seen better days. In the hallway by the elevator the mirror was broken and on the floor with dirt all around walls. Honestly, i just feel like when you are paying almost $300/night, these things are not acceptable. I don't think I would come back and would look for another option

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. Thanks, too, for pointing out some of the issues you had concerning maintenance. Though we continually perform routine maintenance and touchup painting, it sounds as if we were behind in the room in which you stayed. We are currently in the process of completely repainting all of our guest rooms. This project will be completed by the end of the year. I also investigated the issue with the corridor mirror. The mirror had been broken after a guest had accidentally bumped into it. It was repaired and reinstalled shortly afterward. I apologize for this inconvenience. I am sorry that we disappointed you and hope that you might give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed at the River Terrace Inn last month and it was a very enjoyable stay. My favourite part of the hotel was the courtyard at the back with the fire pit and fairy lights. It was so tranquil day and night to sit out there and relax. The hotel also had a small pool but it seemed quite cool as it was in the shade most of the day. I suppose not bad if you need to cool off after a hot day wine tasting! The rooms were large and the double-shower was a very nice touch. They were very quiet at night as the hotel is set back from the road too. It also offered an amazing spread for breakfast with fresh fruit, cereals, pastries, breads and hot buffet, which was one of the best breakfasts we had through our multi-centre trip. The bar staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. If you didn't want to use the bar at the hotel, there was a restaurant within the grounds that came thoroughly recommended by the locals called Curvee, and it was only a short 10 minute walk to downtown Napa if you wanted more choice. I would thoroughly recommend it the hotel and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, as it's lovely to sit outside with a glass of wine in the summer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at our hotel in September. I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy the Terrace patio and firepit adjacent to the Napa River. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our outdoor pool and took advantage of our buffet brekfast. It was also good to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, Cuvee, and made the most of our convenient location, just a short walk to historic Downtown Napa. I look forward to hosting you on your next visit to the Napa Valley.