“Great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Lorenzo, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

For the overall hotel - this is a great place to stay. Friendly staff, spacious and nice rooms, large bathroom, some rooms have balconies, pretty much noise free - I heard very little noise fom the neighboring rooms! I heard in the a.m. a few footsteps upstais (on the weekend) and commented to a friend who came to visit from out of town. My breakfast wasn't included and thought it was a tad over priced for a patron staying there. It was okay, but felt it could be better, or definitely a lower price. Would I stay there again? Yes - my only downfall was the breakfast. I'd go elsewhere. Walking distance to restaurants - about 3-4 blocks. I'd give this a thumbs up!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Darlene L
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Thank you for staying with us this week. I am pleased that you found your guestroom quiet and comfortable, and our staff friendly and accommodating. I am sorry that our breakfast disappointed you. We are making changes to the breakfast, so that when you come back, you should find it more pleasing. Thank you again for the oppportunity to host you.

Jeff Whitehead

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Visited with wife and baby son. It's in a good location for the Napa Valley Wine Train, and is also on the river bank. Check in on Foursquare to the hotel and the restaurant (Cuvee) for free drinks. We asked to upgrade and were easily accommodated at a discounted rate. Room was well decorated, bed very soft and comfortable, something I rarely find these days. Friendly bar down stairs with outside seating. Restaurant in the car park is outstanding value - the best food we've had in ages. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: "River View" probably not worth paying for, since it is really a view of some mature trees...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ian G
Thank you for the opportunity to host you and your family during your recent visit to the Napa Valley. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location near the Wine Train and adjacent to the Napa River. I am happy that you enjoyed our Terrace Cafe and Restaurant Cuvee. Please come back and see us again soon.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the River Terrace Inn over 2011 Thanksgiving hoilday for 3 nights, I had done some research and read the website description well and some reviews.Our first night started out pretty poorly, the room was very dirty, cutains had black stains across and the chair was disgusting,the furniture had also seen better days, also we examined the bedding and this only consisted of two sheets and thin blanket, not the website description of Goosedown bedding.I informed reception and a memeber of staff came to the room and agreed it was not up to standard and we were moved to a so called premium room, although this was better cleanlimness again was not good, chipped and dirty coffee mug.Breakfast the next day didnt fare well either, cooked breakdfast buffett was very average with items being kept warm too long and a yogurt that was 4 days past its best by date, the server commented oh, but we have now put out some fresh ones.
Other problems were no toiletries left one day and even they were not as decribed by the website , not Bath and Bodyworks luxury items but some unknown supplier.Anyway, the hotel fell below our expectations of a "Luxury Boutique hotel" and comparing it to our recent stay at the Rose Hotel in Pleasanton where you are made to feel special in extraordinary surroundings. I would like to add that after leaving I left a review for the Manager but to date had no comment from him or anyone else, so this just confirms to me the lack of customer service at the River Terrace Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Okeh1
Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. I apologize that you had not received my response to the comment card that you completed following your visit, before your posting in this forum. As I mentioned in that response, I have shared your comment card and this review with my staff and pointed out the areas that we need to improve in order to provide the level of hospitality that our guests deserve. Thank you for pointing out our shortcomings. We have already made changes that will benefit future guests. I am sorry that we disappointed you and hope that we may to have an opportunity to host you again.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 3 December 2011

A short (2 min) drive to downtown and the Oxbow Market. Great location and friendly staff. They now charge for the breakfast, it was complimentary 5 yr ago, but still a great place to stay. Thank you River Terrace Inn!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the opportunity to host you again. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

SW London
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Checked into the River Terrace Inn as again I needed a place to park the car on the last leg of my californian epic road trip. There's not much to Napa, so location wise, it wasn't too bad as you are near the roads into / out of town, the wine train, the outlet village and the retail park with an "In and Out" burger restaurant (for non americans, this is the fast food place you have to eat at... simple choise but excellent quality) . The Staff could have been a biot more welcoming... it took me a while to get served and get a drink, but the room we got was huge. It had two huge, comfortable beds and was spotless. We stayed here for a few days and used it as a base to to up and down the valley and into San Francisco. The breakfast arrangements were a bit confusing, (couldn't figure out where it was and what you could have) so we ended up going to the ihop just down the road. If I am in this part of the world, I'd think of coming back now that I know where it is and how clean and comfortable it is.

Room Tip: The restaurant that is at the entrance can be booked through the hotel. It serves very good food, al...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent tour of California. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and our convenient location near the Wine Train depot, the Outlet Stores and Downtown Napa. I will welcome the opportunity to host you the next time your travels bring you to the Napa Valley.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My friends and I visited this hotel in May 2011. I thought the rooms were very nice....good sized bathrooms. My room did not have a terrace but some do. Nice gym. Very nice bar area and beautiful patio out back with a fire pit. Good location for touring. I found staff and concierge helpful with touring arrangements. We got an online deal where 4th night was free....so I thought it was a good deal overall.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back with a terrace
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us this past May. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guestroom, our fitness facility and the Terrace Cafe patio. Thank you for mentioning our helpful staff. I look forward to hosting you the next time you visit the Napa Valley.

Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel back in July of this yr and hit them pretty hard with a negative review based on my terrible stay. So chances have it that i was going back to Napa Valley for a work assignment and decided to give them another shot, maybe the previous stay was fluke, i'm all about 2nd chances. Oh boy was i wrong, first tried contacting the Sales dept to see if they offer a corporate rate, was greeted by Sandra who was very smart mouthed and rude from the moment she answered the phone, even taking my request as a joke and laughed in my ear about it. Was told to contact reservations to book a room, so i did, after being put on hold twice before being asked the nature of my call i decided to hang up and call the Avia and ending up booking my reservation there. I will never stay at the River Terrace again and one thing i learned is that once a failure, always a failure.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer_M60148
Thank you for trying to give us a second chance to host you. I apologize that we disappointed you again. I re-read your review from your July visit, and though I think that most of the challenges that you had with us on your initial visit would have not re-occurred, our inability to book your reservation efficiently prevented you from finding this out. I appreciate that you made the effort and am very disappointed that we let you down.