“Quality”

River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Rooms are big and beautiful. Double headed shower with full length glass doors. Lot's of quality tile and stone. Great service and help with where to visit. Close parking. Small but high end at a great price. Minutes from hundreds of wineries. Local main street has plenty of eating to offer.

Room Tip: Not a hotel to choose for scenery. Don't worry about getting room facing river as it is not muc...
3  Thank Ken D
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy that you enjoyed our large, well-appointed guest rooms and took advantage of our convenient Downtown Napa location. I hope you are able to visit again soon.

Jeff Whitehead

Write a ReviewReviews (1,757)

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The location is very central to downtown Napa and easy to get to the wineries and surrounding areas (Yountville, etc.). The rooms are large, and the bathoom was very nice. The double-head shower was a nice touch, and the rooms also have robes and coffee makers. Highly recommend.

4  Thank Tyler P
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and found our location conveninet and our guest rooms comfortable and well appointed. Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to write a review.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Had a great time in Napa staying at 3 places, Hilton Garden Inn, River Terrace & Old World Inn. The best of the 3 was the River Terrace Inn. When we go again, we intend to stay there every night.

2  Thank SteveTripi

I am so pleased that you our hotel was your favorite during your recent trip. I look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

For the overall hotel - this is a great place to stay. Friendly staff, spacious and nice rooms, large bathroom, some rooms have balconies, pretty much noise free - I heard very little noise fom the neighboring rooms! I heard in the a.m. a few footsteps upstais (on the weekend) and commented to a friend who came to visit from out of town. My breakfast wasn't included and thought it was a tad over priced for a patron staying there. It was okay, but felt it could be better, or definitely a lower price. Would I stay there again? Yes - my only downfall was the breakfast. I'd go elsewhere. Walking distance to restaurants - about 3-4 blocks. I'd give this a thumbs up!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darlene L
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us this week. I am pleased that you found your guestroom quiet and comfortable, and our staff friendly and accommodating. I am sorry that our breakfast disappointed you. We are making changes to the breakfast, so that when you come back, you should find it more pleasing. Thank you again for the oppportunity to host you.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Visited with wife and baby son. It's in a good location for the Napa Valley Wine Train, and is also on the river bank. Check in on Foursquare to the hotel and the restaurant (Cuvee) for free drinks. We asked to upgrade and were easily accommodated at a discounted rate. Room was well decorated, bed very soft and comfortable, something I rarely find these days. Friendly bar down stairs with outside seating. Restaurant in the car park is outstanding value - the best food we've had in ages. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: "River View" probably not worth paying for, since it is really a view of some mature trees...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ian G

Thank you for the opportunity to host you and your family during your recent visit to the Napa Valley. I am pleased that you enjoyed our location near the Wine Train and adjacent to the Napa River. I am happy that you enjoyed our Terrace Cafe and Restaurant Cuvee. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the River Terrace Inn over 2011 Thanksgiving hoilday for 3 nights, I had done some research and read the website description well and some reviews.Our first night started out pretty poorly, the room was very dirty, cutains had black stains across and the chair was disgusting,the furniture had also seen better days, also we examined the bedding and this only consisted of two sheets and thin blanket, not the website description of Goosedown bedding.I informed reception and a memeber of staff came to the room and agreed it was not up to standard and we were moved to a so called premium room, although this was better cleanlimness again was not good, chipped and dirty coffee mug.Breakfast the next day didnt fare well either, cooked breakdfast buffett was very average with items being kept warm too long and a yogurt that was 4 days past its best by date, the server commented oh, but we have now put out some fresh ones.
Other problems were no toiletries left one day and even they were not as decribed by the website , not Bath and Bodyworks luxury items but some unknown supplier.Anyway, the hotel fell below our expectations of a "Luxury Boutique hotel" and comparing it to our recent stay at the Rose Hotel in Pleasanton where you are made to feel special in extraordinary surroundings. I would like to add that after leaving I left a review for the Manager but to date had no comment from him or anyone else, so this just confirms to me the lack of customer service at the River Terrace Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Okeh1

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday. I apologize that you had not received my response to the comment card that you completed following your visit, before your posting in this forum. As I mentioned in that response, I have shared your comment card and this review with my staff and pointed out the areas that we need to improve in order to provide the level of hospitality that our guests deserve. Thank you for pointing out our shortcomings. We have already made changes that will benefit future guests. I am sorry that we disappointed you and hope that we may to have an opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

A short (2 min) drive to downtown and the Oxbow Market. Great location and friendly staff. They now charge for the breakfast, it was complimentary 5 yr ago, but still a great place to stay. Thank you River Terrace Inn!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the opportunity to host you again. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and our friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.