“Perfect stay”

River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were married in the beautiful Napa Valley and stayed at the River Terrace Inn. Unfortunately, the continental breakfast is no longer available but the food was still very good. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly. Every morning there is coffee/tea available in the lobby for the guests. I would definitely stay at this hotel next time we are in Napa!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2012

Thank you for the opportunity to host you for your wedding. I am pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff friendly. I hope to host you again soon. Congratulations and good luck!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the River Terrace Inn and was able to get a fantastic rate. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. They have a great outdoor space and are on a walking trail right by the river. It is not near any wineries but I thought it was a convenient location. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location close to Downtown Napa, and adjacent to the Napa River. Thanks, too, for mentioning our clean, comfortable guest rooms. I hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice hotel at great price for the area. Right next door to the Westin ( which was much more money). Walking distance to downtown Napa, close to oxbow market. Rooms were large with nice terrace. Hotel was quiet, staff helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Napa Valley. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location near the Oxbow Public Market and just a few blocks from historic Downtown Napa. I am happy that you enjoyed our guestrooms and our staff.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the River Terrace Inn in June 2011. They were running a special at the time to receive a 4th night free. We received such a good value at this hotel. It had modern amenities, big rooms, comfortable beds, great views of the river, excellent service and even a continental breakfast at the time.

My favorite part was the location of the hotel. It was within walking distance of downtown Napa and Oxbow Market without being in the busy part of town. It was quiet and the outdoor fire pit at night was my favorite.

We had turndown service every night, which was unexpected, along with the fabulous complimentary robes during our stay. Parking was a breeze. I love this hotel and will definitely go back there when we visit Napa Valley again. It's luxurious without the cost.

Room Tip: Definitely get a river view room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for commenting on your visit with us last June. I am pleased that the good memories have lasted throughout the year and you were kind enough to write a review at this time. Though we do not offer a continental breakfast anymore, we offer a delicious a la carte breakfast at our Restaurant Cuvee each morning. I hope you are able to come back and visit again this year.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

Traveling to napa is hard to choose where to stay with all the options, but we made a great choice with the terrace inn- through their promotion on line we stayed 3 nights for the price of 2 and reserved the great balcony with jacuzzi room for a great rate ( would not afford the regular rate for this room). The bed was amazing , huge king and our baby slept with us. The room is very nice and decorated tastefully and is spaces, the balcony facing the river is nice and the 2 head shower is real treat!
A few comments - 1. they had no concierge service at our visit even though they had a concierge desk, we arrived late and wanted some direction from the front desk but they did not seem to know what to suggest wich is strange to me for a hotel located in napa, 2. the terrace cafe has closed but online it showed as open, 3. although it's nice to put wine in the room their was no prices on them or menu in room- so we didn't chance it. The room was awsome and that made our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MeitalF

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you were able to take advantage our Third Night Free promotion. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room. I am sorry that you were not able to take advantage of our concierge, who is available five days a week. Perhaps your stay fell on her days off. In that case, our front desk staff should have been able to help you, and it sounds as though we fell short in that area. I am sorry that happened. I hope that you were able to try our restaurant Cuvee, just across our parking lot, in lieu of the Terrace Cafe. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently stayed at the River Terrace Inn in Napa, CA during April, 2012 (my second stay in the last two years), and while the room was comfortable, I was disappointed to see the continental breakfast is no longer offered. I was even more disappointed to see that rates have increased substantially. My first night’s rate increased $70 and my second night’s rate increased by $119 over my last stay. I didn't see the value in the added cost. I am not planning to stay at the River Terrace Inn in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This was our first trip to Napa so we didn't know which hotel to choose. We pre-paid the River Terrace Inn which made the price reasonable (four nights for the price of three). For meals, including breakfast, you have to walk across the spacious parking lot to the Cuvee which is a tad pricey. We had a corner room with small balcony overlooking the river which was very pleasant. Beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are spacious, very accommodating. There is a fridge for your use as well as a minibar. We couldn't find a price list for the minibar or the wines atop the serving shelf. Staff was friendly when approached but slightly standoffish. It's a great location away from the bustle of the downtown district and easy walk there as well as to the Oxbow Market which is worth the walk. Breakfast actually was better at the Model Bakery, next to the Oxbow and cheaper than the Cuvee.

Room Tip: While the rooms overlooking the river may cost more, it was worth it ... as long as your away from t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MankatoJim
whitey1953, General Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Napa. I am happy that you enjoyed your guest room overlooking the Napa River, and found our Napa Dream Bed to your liking. As you mentioned, our Restaurant Cuvee, adjacent to the hotel, is currently providing breakfast and dinner service. By mid-summer, we will again be offering cafe service right at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of the Oxbow neighborhood. I hope to host you again soon.