“Great Napa Hotel”

River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went on a girl trip with my Mom and stayed here for 3 nights. We originally were given a room with a parking lot view and the front desk manager was able to upgrade us to a river view with a balcony!! We were very pleased. The room was gorgeous and spacious and the showerhead(s) were fantastic! All the staff was extremely friendly. Every single staff member that walked by greeted us. We were also given breakfast vouchers for all 3 days. The breakfast menu was slight but the food was very fresh and tasty. We spent our mornings running around wine country and the afternoons at the River Terrace pool. We LOVED the pool - just wished it was positioned for better sunlight in the afternoon. Other than that we loved it there! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you, Suzy for leaving us your kind review. We're happy you and your mom chose to stay with us for your Napa girls vacation. We hope you also had a chance to join us for our wine and cheese hour. We appreciate your comments and we hope you both will visit us again in the future for another stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed here for work so I didn't do the typical "wine trip" to see the area. The hotel was nice and the front desk was really friendly. The rooms are really big and have a nice desk and free Wi-Fi which was great for working. I had breakfast in the restaurant and ate on the outdoor patio one day. The Huevos Rancheros are AWESOME! I loved the location because I walked to downtown one evening and didn't have to drive and find parking. There are a few places you can taste wine in downtown too. There is also this hidden wine tasting room right across the street - St. Clair Brown. It was so cute and the food and wine were really good. I walked to Oxbow one night for dinner too and The Kitchen Door was really great. I didn't do the Wine Train, but it's right next door, so I might do that on my next visit. On my last night, they had wine tasting in the lobby (FREE) and they had someone playing guitar on the deck. I really liked this place and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I didn't have a room with a River View, but I talked to some people who were staying in one and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

We are so pleased you had a chance to stay with us during your work trip and we appreciate your review. We are happy that our free Wi-Fi helped make your stay more convenient and it's great you had a chance to dine with us as well. It sounds like you took advantage of all the great parts our area has to offer. Hopefully, next time you can visit us for pleasure, but whatever the occasion might be, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The room was lovely, though the automatic charging to your account if you even touch anything in the mini bar seemed a little over the top. Walk to restaurants and wine bars, is in a very convenient location. The hotel's own restaurant served lovely food, they let you bring your own wine to drink in the outdoor area which was a pleasant surprise. Nice pool as well. Enjoyed our stay, was a good base of operations to explore the rest of the Valley.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Michelle, thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We are glad that you chose our location on your recent trip to Napa and we are happy we could accommodate you for a pleasant stay. Thank you for dining with us as well; it's great you got to fully experience all our hotel has to offer. We hope you enjoyed your time in Napa and will return and stay with us again on another visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Booked at the last minute and found a $1 breakfast offer on FaceBook. I found this hotel to be charming, friendly and a great location to explore the Napa Valley from. Walk to the Napa Wine Train! Walk to Oxbow Market. Lovely terrace. A real find. I would book it again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. We are happy you had a nice stay with us and that you got a chance to really explore Napa. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stayed at The River Terrace Inn after spending a night at a less than desirable hotel in Sonoma. I lucked out with a last minute booking from Priceline at a reasonable rate, particularly for Napa. The hotel is located near the Westin in Napa, but sits further back along the river. It is a busy hotel, but both the staff and guests were friendly, and outside of the high traffic lobby /bar/patio areas, I found the hotel to be very quiet. Overall, I thought it was a lovely hotel and my only complaint was that after booking the room on Priceline, I called the hotel and specifically requested 2 Queen beds and a bathtub/shower combo, as I had read that some of the rooms only had showers and I was traveling with my mother who prefers a bathtub. I was assured that this request would be accommodated. Upon arrival, this wasn't the case, and I ended up having to rent a 2nd room. Upon check-in, Shari was great about finding a 2nd room, as the hotel was almost sold-out, but said the best that she could offer was the AAA rate on the 2nd room. The next morning, I spoke with Marlena, the front office manager, and while she couldn't adjust the room booked on Priceline, she did further discount the 2nd room, apologized for the inconvenience, and offered a discount on a future stay. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. The staff was professional and the hotel was located in a great location. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Stay on the river side of the hotel. It's very serene.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you, Amy for your thoughtful review. We apologize for the booking confusion and were more than happy to help accommodate you and your mother as best we could. We are happy to hear you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere we provide our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and we thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Clean. Good Location. Better than average rooms, only 3 story property. If the prices are north of $200 per night I would spend the time to look elsewhere. Nice starting point for a visit to the valley.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the property face a walkway and river. Front is the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi JR, we are pleased you chose our property for your recent visit to Napa. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us and hope you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your review. We hope you will schedule another stay at our property soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Overall a great stay. Nice hotel in a great location - room was as described and very comfortable and I was in the quiet part of the hotel (Rm 128, ground floor - it's called a Quiet Village Side room overlooking the side car park). Nice pool (small) and a lovely terrace to eat breakfast or have an evening drink. About 10 minutes walk to downtown Napa along a busy road.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Hotel M, Manager at River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you stayed, too! We are happy to hear you had a quiet and relaxing stay and hope you will join us again next time you visit Napa.