“Fantastic Mid-Week Value”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Missouri
“Fantastic Mid-Week Value”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Stayed at the River Terrace on a recent trip to Napa and we were fortunate to get a fantastic mid-week rate and it felt a little good to be true, but the hotel definitely lived up to the great reviews we had read. I think it is brand-new, because everything looked and smelled that way. We were thrilled with how everything turned out.
ROOM: Our room with king bed was rather large and also included a desk and a sofa/coffee table, flat-screen TV, wet bar area across from the bathroom that was stocked with bottles of wine and a ton of snacks and drinks (on automatic sensors that charge you if you remove, but a good option if you need the convenience of it). Newspaper delivery every morning. There is also a refrigerator, closet, and a safe. The bathroom was large and actually quite luxurious with a huge glass-enclosed, tiled walk-in shower with double shower head, a large vanity with lots of storage, Bath and Body Works toiletries, and a separate toilet area. The bed was quite comfy, but the pillows were down-filled, which you may love, but we didn't because they were a little too squishy and tended to get flat as you sleep. Decor was very nice. Housekeeping kept the room spotless, and even came by in the late afternoon each day to check if we needed anything. I had seen some reviews that complained about thin walls, and I could see how this could be true. We were on the corner of the building on 3rd floor, so for us we dodn't have much of a problem, but we did notice that we could hear some noises from the room on one side of us a few times. I do give River Terrace props for being aware of this though, because there was a very nice white noise machine on the bedside table that you could set to practically any sound you wanted to down out noise while you sleep. We use one at home, so we loved this touch. High-speed internet access was also included in our room rate.
FOOD/BAR: Didn't use the bar there, but we did get coupons for a comp glass of wine at Cuvee, the hotel's restaurant (on the property, but not attached to the hotel). Breakfast was included in our room rate, which was a fabulous value, and it was decent. Not anything super impressive, but an average medly of pastries and breads, eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, etc. A large outdoor terrace that you can sit and eat.
GENERAL: Friendly front desk staff. We didn't use valet much because the parking lot is pretty much right outside the hotel doors, but when we did they were quick and helpful. Good location near downtown Napa, it was easy to get to. Also, it has a pool and small fitness center which both looked nice but we didn't use. The back of the property was very pretty, with the Napa River running right behind it and a nice walking path running alongside that begs for a leisurely stroll. Overall, we had a terrific stay here and it made our trip to Napa all that much more relaxing and easy going!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2009

My husband and I stayed at the River Terrace Inn for 3 nights in March. It was our first trip to Napa and we wanted it to be convenient to drive to vineyards and also wanted to have the option of walking downtown for dinner. This hotel allowed us to meet both goals.

The location makes it easily accessible from San Francisco and it's at the southern end of Napa Valley, with vineyards minutes away. We got solid recommendations from the hotel concierge and she also booked a variety of tours for guests.

The hotel itself is very nice. It has a well-stocked bar and a lovely outdoor area with fire pits and heat lamps. We had the tasty complimentary breakfast buffet out there each morning and loved it. We also enjoyed the outdoor pool one afternoon. The rooms are comfortable and nice. Everything was spotless and seemed rather new.

We will absolutely stay here again and have recommended it to friends who are making the trip to Napa.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlherlein
Napa Valley, California
Reviewed 12 May 2009

First, my credentials - I write a local's guide on Napa (www.NapaTouristGuide.com) so I take my hotels seriously. I won't put up with a roach motel, and I've been to far too may hotels that look great on the internet but horrid in person. In the past I used to stay at Villagio and Vintage Inn, both top rated hotels, but as their rates kept going up and my paycheck kept getting slashed I needed something that was less expensive - but I didn't want to give up the comforts of a 4 star hotel. I was glad to find River Terrace Inn. The downtown location makes it close to the restaurants (Bounty Hunter for Monday specials, Hog Island Oysters for happy hour, Celedon for a romantic night out, Cuvee for $5 happy hour appetizers) and it's located right on the river. Inside the hotel it's nice and upscale, and the rooms feature trendy decorations, great linens, and a flat screen TV. Terrific free breakfast, and an outdoor patio that's perfect for starting your day. The only things missing are a fireplace in the room and a giant romantic bathroom (though the bathroom is nice, it's not spa-like as you would find at Vintage Inn).

I also liked the staff a lot. They went out of their way to help the visitors and business people staying there. And the rates! Yes, the rates are downright affordable. River Terrace Inn is one of my most favorite places to stay in Napa - you really can't go wrong if you are looking for a solid hotel at an affordable price.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LocalWally
Sweden
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We had a perfect stay at River Terrace Inn in Napa! Good location, friendly and helpful staff, great complimentary breakfast, spatious room and great bathroom - comfort at its best! In fact, you'll find everything you need here; fitnesscenter, pool, great lounge, free wireless internet and even a complimentary glass of wine at the restaurant Cuvee! Do stay!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MalinSweden
Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I stayed here for one night. The hotel is well-located, a short walk to the centre of Napa and right next to the Wine Train. My room was spacious and very well furnished. The staff were all pleasant and professional and the breakfast was good. Exactly how a hotel should be.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew S
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2009

After a vacation in Thailand I choose the River Terrace Inn to rest and relax and adjust to the 9 hour jet lag. The hotel is very comforable, extremely friendly and like a wine country lodge. One evening there was a wine tasting in the lobby bar, that was most enjoyable. There were lots activities available through the hotel, that kept me and my partner busy.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 15 April 2009

After looking for a few days for a place to stay on our trip to Napa, I decided on this hotel. We stayed only one night and are satisfied with our choice. The Village Queen Balcony room was small, but clean and everything seemed to be pretty new. I was a little disappointed to find that the balcony (that I paid more for) overlooked the parking lot, instead of the river or at least something more green. I probably wouldn't spend the extra money again...and would have been nice if the room description stated that 'village' equals parking lot. The complimentary breakfast was a treat and we were surprised at all the choices they offered. The hotel has a restaurant and serves dinner, but didn't have that many choices. Instead, after a long day wine tasting, we opted to eat at the restaurant just a few steps from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends