“Average Italian fare”
Review of Il Posto Trattoria

Il Posto Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Posto Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wine Country Ave.
Description: We have a smaller midday menu from 2-5 in the afternoons in order to prep for dinner, thanks for understanding.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a active, fun, casual place. Staff was very friendly and explained the menu choices well. I selected a non-special Tagliatelle. It arrived quickly and it was flavorful and had good texture.
Good dessert variety but I did not partake. Walking distance from the Best Western Ivy hotel but maybe a little hard to find for those staying in the city center.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food was ok, but lacked the real punch of great food I would expect in a resort area. Some of the portions was really small.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've eaten here several times and always enjoyed my meals - I've been here for lunch and dinner.
This is an affordable Napa Valley restaurant, it's small so calling for a reservation at dinner would be helpful. You won't be disappointed from appetizers to desserts everything I've tried has been excellent. I always eat here when I'm visiting Napa which is several times a year. It is a favorite with the locals too.

1  Thank grraes
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to this place for a dinner and were pleasantly surprised by the entrees and the wine selection. The service was great as well and I especially loved their Gnocci and Basil Pesto selection. I was also told that this was the place the local eat in Napa.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Are you fed up with the very overpriced, overhyped Napa Valley eateries. If you are Il Posto is just what you are looking for. Very competent Italian food done by the former management from the very well known Bistro Don Giovanni. Priced lower, with a very nice Italian oriented wine list, they have a great pizza made with house cured meats, fantastic pastas, and very nice desserts.