“Second visit - great experience”

Michael Mondavi Family Estate
Ranked #101 of 190 things to do in Napa
Moreno Valley, California
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Second visit - great experience”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Hanna was our tasting hostess. Great fun. Joined their wine club, and this time got extra tastings. Picked up my quarterly shipments and bought extra for the road. :)

I will return again. Loved it!

Visited April 2013

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple tasting”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My wife and I came here as our last visit of the day. I guess I had higher expectations given the generally positive reviews on this site. The wine was decent, but the atmosphere/experience was lacking. It felt like a simple room with a list of wines to try. Didn't really get any attention from those behind the counter, but granted, they were very busy at the time. Unfortunately we can't have wine shipped to our state (PA) so we couldn't have them ship us anything, but even after that point there was a push to buy anyway and ship it somewhere else. Not a bad experience, but hard to fully recommend it with so many other options that provide both the wine, view, and atmosphere/experience.

Visited April 2013
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Caves were cool! Sparking wine was amazing.”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

This was the first stop on a day of wineries. It is tucked back off the road, drive careful. It was interesting to see the caves and learn how the wine is made. The history of the winery as neat, I even read about it in cooking light when I got home, they liked it too. The tasting was pleasant, I would have appreciated a few crackers and maybe some cheese instead of breadsticks. For the price you think they could offer such. We tasted several wines, all good. I hear the wine club is fantastic.

San Ramon
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“The "icing" on the cake in wineries!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This most charming winery is tucked away off Dealy Road and is a gem on the border of Napa/Sonoma (not to be confused with the conglomerate/corporate BIG Mondavi winery off highway 29 further up Napa) Michael has taken a small piece of land and built a beautiful winery with both a front and back porch - the latter placing you right in the vineyard! ALL of his wines show me that he has grown up learning the best of his families winemaking business. His wines are crisp and wonderful in every respect...I don't think the guy would HOW to make a 'bad' wine!!! (lol!) Patti was tending the wine bar the day I was there and is a wonderful representation of his efforts. She was very informative; very friendly and a sheer delight to have a conversation with. As I said, walking out that back patio is utterly breathtaking and should not be missed. HE HAS IT ALL WITHOUT THE OVERDONE COMMERICALISM OF MANY WINERIES THESE DAYS. I travel from SD on up to Mendocino regularly exploring different wineries, and I can honestly state this is one I am so very glad I didn't miss, that is actually very close to home. Michael Mondavi has done a fine, fine job of keeping the spirit of his family name alive by producing some of the best wines I have ever tasted here in California...You GO Michael!!! I'll be back again, I sooooooooooooo promise!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MsBunny2011
Boca Raton, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Inspired little vineyard”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Had the opportunity to do a tasting with Michael Moldavia on his back porch of the vineyard with 9 girlfriends on a Wednesday afternoon. Michael was incredibly gracious inviting us into his family vineyard and sharing his passion for winemaking. We experienced not only his California wines but also his comrades wines from Europe, Chile and Argentina as he has formed an alliance with other small family oriented winemakers of the world. In his collection, there is a wine for everyone but the great takeaway here was the passion for wine and living that comes through everywhere at Mondavis

Visited February 2012