“Superb Food, Service and Location”
Review of Brix

Brix
Reserve with OpenTable
Brix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 285 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1 mile north of Madison St
Description: Located in the heart of Napa Valley! 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that restaurant policy is to provide custom handwriting on the plate of the person celebrating when you order dessert.
Toronto, Ontario
“Superb Food, Service and Location”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stopped at Brix without any knowledge of the restaurant. We were more than pleasantly surprised. All 5 of us in our party agreed that the food was excellent. We sat outside with a magnificent view of the vineyards and vegetable gardens. Service was perfect and the menu had some very interesting dishes. We enjoyed the Beef carpaccio with a deep fried poached egg as well as the Waygu Pastrami.

• Visited June 2014
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am so happy you happened upon our restaurant! Even happier to hear that from our excellent food to the perfect service, you enjoyed a lovely meal with us. My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share your support here on TripAdvisor. I only hope we'll have the pleasure of serving you again! You've always got a spot at our table.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
“Dream wedding and exquisite meals”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our daughter was married at Brix last summer and it was absolutely spectacular, not only because of the location in the garden but also because of the superb organization and the quality of the food. The wedding took place out by the vineyard, followed by a cocktail hour in the herb garden and dinner under a canopy near the grass. Dancing followed near the vineyards. We had over 150 guests, yet the site did not feel at all crowded. Matt, the Director of Sales, worked with us to ensure that we had exactly what our daughter wanted in terms of a menu, together with the best paired wines for the meal. The service was efficient and unobtrusive. All our concerns were quickly addressed to our complete satisfaction. Our only regret was that it was all over too quickly. We have eaten at Brix at least two dozen times over the past two years and will always stop in for a meal whenever we are in Napa. We have never had a bad meal or bad experience at Brix.

• Visited July 2013
Michael C, Owner at Brix, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
It's truly heartwarming to hear your daughter had her dream wedding with us. Honestly, there are no words that capture just how much it means to hear that. I look forward to sharing your many kind words with the team almost as much as I look forward to welcoming you back. We're always here for you!

Also, I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on the wedding. I wish you and your family the purest joy in this new, exciting chapter!

Glen Ellen, California
“A new exciting menu from old friends - WOW!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Living and working in the Napa Valley is a wonderful thing indeed. That being said, I mostly cook at home. If we are going to go out, it's usually with friends or for business. Brix has always been outstanding for service, selection and ambience. However, I was "WOWED" last weekend when we went for dinner. The menu is new (perhaps 2 months?) and arranged in a way that is easy to peruse based on your appetite and desires.

The table shared a wonderful, colorful selection of appetizers. Wood fired grilled artichokes were fun and delicious. Garlic Shrimp in Cast Iron was cooked to perfection (not underdone) and tasty. Charred Brussels Sprouts were addictive. And then there was the duck mousse with pistachios and a berry sauce, served with crostini. Sipping Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon, we were having a marvelous time, swooning over everything.

All in our party except one ordered the Sea Bass which was cooked perfectly. And without fanfare or drama, a special diet request was accommodated for one guest, who required something simple. A beautiful plate of grilled chicken breast and asparagus arrived and everyone was happy.

We were full, but tempted by the desserts. When the Chef came out to bring us the Snicker Sundae after our meal, it was jaw dropping. The only thing that got me to close my mouth again was tasting the most insane chocolate polenta cake (almost like a souffle) with caramel sauce,curry roasted peanuts, caramelized banana & mascarpone ice cream. Yes, you read that correctly and it's so perfect. Just. Order. It.

Congratulations to everyone at Brix. The staff is always wonderful and refreshingly down-to-earth. I'm coming back next week!

• Visited June 2014
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
What a heartwarming recommendation! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share such a brilliant review here on TripAdvisor, Lisa. Your support means a lot and I simply cannot wait to share your many compliments with the team. Next time you're in Napa -- I hope you'll keep us in mind! You've always got a spot at our table.

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get the lamb and eat outside”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Brix was our choice for a casual Sunday evening dinner on our last night of a 4-day trip to Napa. By far, this was our favorite place to eat. Weather permitting, you should definitely eat outside. The setting sun didn't get in the way at all and highlighted a beautiful scene to gaze at while eating.

Now do yourself a favor and order the lamb. The seasoning that was used paired with the perfect doneness of the meat made it one of the best lamb meals I ever had. The mint puree was good as well as the side dishes; but it's the lamb that was the star. I only wish I could have talked the waiter into getting me the rub recipe. Oh well.

Visited June 2014
Michael C, Manager at Brix, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the support! From our tasty lamb to our beautiful views, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed a fantastic meal with us. I look forward to sharing your many words with the team almost as much as I look forward to welcoming you back. Don't be a stranger!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful for Weddings, Or Anytime!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I were just married at Brix on 5/16/14. We had only eaten at Brix once before deciding to have our wedding at their restaurant and gardens, but that one visit was all it took!

Our first dining experience was dinner in 2012. It was delicious and we vowed to go back every year when we visit Napa (which has been 1-2 times a year for the past 6 years). Two days later my husband proposed to me, so when it came time to plan our wedding I looked into Brix's event policies.
The funny thing about the Napa Valley is that most of the wineries are not allowed to host weddings. That didn't matter though because once we reviewed the costs of having our wedding (and the unbelievable deal you get for both lunch or dinner event menus!) at Brix it made our decision very easy.

I realize most people using this site and reading these reviews are probably not looking for a wedding site, but I did want to point out that their event spaces and prices are phenomenal so I would highly recommend them for anyone planning an event. Even if you're just planning a private dinner of up to 12 people, their wine cellar is amazing and we used it to host dinner for our parents the night before the wedding.
The food, again, is amazing as are the views of the gardens and surrounding vineyards. Brix is a fantastic choice for any special occasion.

• Visited May 2014
Michael C, owner at Brix, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
What a heartwarming recommendation! Thank you for taking the time to share your support for us here on TripAdvisor, Jacqueline. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding and I cannot wait to share your many compliments with the rest of the team. I wish you all the best in this exciting new chapter and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always here for you.