“Reserve for special occasions”
Review of La Toque

La Toque
Reserve with OpenTable
La Toque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 311 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$110 - US$250
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Soscol
Description: La Toque at The Westin Verasa Napa is a showcase for Chef Frank’s modern French cuisine and his passion for fine wine. This “French chef in a California body,” as he likes to call himself, has pushed his cuisine in a more harmonious wine friendly direction and the restaurant has become well known for its savvy wine pairings. Fueled by a passion for excellence, his signature restaurant, La Toque, has been bestowed with a prestigious Michelin Star as well as the Wine Spectator's Grand Wine List Award. From Chef- A commitment to the finest ingredients inspires everything we do. Our menus evolve constantly, showcasing the freshest seasonal ingredients as they become available. We are fortunate to be part of a vibrant local food community with a network of dedicated farmers and purveyors that produce the exceptionally delicious foods we present to you. The Core Menu features a collection of seasonal La Toque Classic dishes. With this menu, you chart your own dining experience, choosing either three or four small plates and a dessert. The Chef’s Table Tasting Menu and Vegetable Menu are both presented as an extensive progression of flavors and textures and should be served to the entire table. Pairing wine and food is our passion. Our culinary team and Sommeliers taste together daily, constantly exploring, looking for those pairings that elevate both the food and wine, creating harmony. The wine pairings offer a unique opportunity to enjoy a wide range of styles and flavors. Ken Frank – Chef Proprietor
Reviewed 6 May 2018

We celebrated our anniversary here. The atmosphere is very pleasing for couples as tables are nicely spaced and there is little noise despite all tables being full. The food is obviously gourmet (nothing spectacular, however) with a nice presentation and the service is impeccable. Overall a delightful experience but for the hefty price.

1  Thank Robert S

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Our server was fantastic! I think this is where the Michelin Star comes from. The food was good but not extraordinary. We’ve definitely been to other one Michelin Star restaurants with better food. The presentation and attention to detail was nice. The meal was really expensive. You have to decide on a set menu, either the chef’s menu or you can pick 4 or 5 courses. I wish I could’ve ordered a la carte. The portion sizes were not big, but it was still more food than I could eat, for a huge price tag! This probably more reflects Napa as a region rather than this restaurant, but the cost was similar to a three Michelin Star restaurant we went to in Rome. I don’t think it was good value, but we had a very nice time nonetheless. The sommelier came to take our order, but didn’t really continue to talk to us after we ordered one of the cheaper wines. Oh well! Our server again was excellent. Wish I could remember her name! She made our night! Highlights food-wise: foie gras, duck confit, and creme brûlée. The sweet bread and halibut were just okay. The scallop was nice as well.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We have been to many of the best chef’s tasting menus in the country and many worldwide. I cannot fathom why this restaurant has earned one Michelin star and can justify $200+ and then add a 20% tip with no wine pairing.

If you’ve never been to a Michelin starred restaurant and never had a tasting menu, you might love it. Frankly, the meal was just good, the staff was very attentive, but we had been out in Napa all day drinking great wine, so we elected to have one cocktail apiece. The meal came to over $600 for the two of us!

This restaurant is also located in a Westin hotel. The room is not up to Michelin standards in our opinion.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Excellent menu the food and service was over the top.very interesting choices. The deserts were spectacular

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My husband and I have always wanted to eat at a Michelin star restaurant and La Toque did not disappoint!! I had the four course wine pairing and my husband had the five course wine pairing. My foie gras and Pinot Gris pairing and duck breast and Pinot Noir wine pairing were incredible; such rich flavors: I didn't want the courses to end. It did end and we were so full and satisfied we had to go back to our suite at the Westin and lie down. The service was impeccable and I would dine there again when we visit Napa. The only suggestion I would make is rethink the music; it didn't fit the atmosphere. All in all a fabulous experience!!