“Not your everyday Italian”

Bistro Don Giovanni
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Don Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are into the not so everyday Italian cooking then this is the place. I had an octopus appetizer that was so tender it almost melted in my mouth. Hard to do with octopus. and the entree was Rabbit. I only wish there was more on the plate. But that's just me

Reviewed 17 July 2014

While visiting Raymond Vineyards in St. Helena, CA, we asked for a dinner recommendation. After listing a number of possibilities, Gabe suggested Bistro Don Giovanni as the place locals go. Our waitress Ruth was excellent, suggesting a couple of salads before we enjoyed our pizza. The Caesar was the best I've ever had. Trip Advisor plus Ask a Local, what a great combination!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Despite the not so well experience on my last visit (October 13) I went again hoping things had improved. Well - the haven't!

Still the quality and the presentation of the food is poor and and in no way worth the dollars you pay.

The wine list is with out inspiration and the wines are over priced for what they are!

When the staff is formally friendly, but stressed and impatient, then you want to get away ASAP!

Not sure what the management off this once great plance is thinking. But it is still going downhill!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

In Napa with our dog, so we were looking for a good restaurant with a dog friendly patio. We were actually at this restaurant last time in Napa (about four years ago), and remembered how good this place was, so we looked forward to trying it again. We were not disappointed. Great atmosphere, great food, and as I said, dog friendly. Speaking of the food, my wife and I agreed, the Pork Chop grilled with aged balsamic, was perhaps the best pork chop either one of us had ever had!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Recently had dinner here as a walk-in diner. Staff were very attentive and we had a great meal that evening. I believe our server was Andre and would like to commend him for great service. We had the Salmom dish and the Pork chop dish, both were excellent. They were also kind enough to waive the corkage fee and we appreciated the gesture and awarded the difference to the server. Can't wait to for a return engagement.

1  Thank Steve-JL.a.