“Best Gelato Ever”

Frati Gelato Cafe
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Napa
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Classic Italian Cafe serving Panini, Espresso Drinks, Italian Pastries, Sweet Wines, Dry Wines, Birra, Daily Special (Soup to Pasta), Bruschette every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Also serve an outstanding handmade gelato made in the traditional style.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Molto bene! Absolutely delicious flavors and texture. This was the best gelato I've ever had. I was visiting from out of town and made sure to visit this cafe each day. My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun trying all the different flavors and talking with the staff, and it was great to hear about the owner's training in Italy.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

It was so cool when we arrived down-town, on the phone with my cousin Ben, he recommend we stop here for something to eat. I saw home-made Tuscan white bean soup, and it was delicious, my husband/son had delicious panninis, after a walk by the river we returned for gelato. This is a wonderful food stop in Napa.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Small cafés don't usually get my attention but this one did. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday they have bruschetta of varying types. We had the lamb and the tuffel. I thought that they would be the typical small serving with tomoto, onion and garlic. Ohhhh no they were big pieces of a rustic sourdough loaded with flavor. The land had a soft cheese and perfectly cooked land. Finished with a light mint sauce. Soooo yummy. The truffle had a sharper cheese melted over the truffle and finished with a little arugula. Both were so delicious and filling.
Finished the meal with some fresh sorbet, lemon and mango.
Come to Frati if you want a quiet dinner along the River walk with delicious food.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great views and convenient location. The staff was nice and only charged me for a kids scoop when I only wanted half of the usual scoop size.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

On the riverfront in front of the new boat dock, if you are walking along the river on a warm afternoon, this is a perfect place to stop and cool off with a Gelato. Of course, the Italian sandwiches or pasta would be an excellent choice for a light meal, any time of the day. The chef(brother -in-law of the owner & partner) is from Italy, and it shows. The pasta of the day is so tasty, Yum! It is a casual place with some outdoor sitting. Their Lattes and Capuccinos are delicious too.