“A Regular Stop For Us”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Napa Valley Bistro

Napa Valley Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Napa Valley Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic... AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Napa, California
“A Regular Stop For Us”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I have frequented Napa Valley Bistro since discovering it last fall. It is still relatively easy to get into on a walk-in basis due to it's "just off Main Street" location which prevents people from finding it without a recommendation as you will likely not drive or walk by. It is very close to downtown and I think as it becomes better known it will get harder to get in without a reservation.
The owner has some affiliation with Market Restaurant in St. Helena; maybe it's the same owner or the former chef- I'm not sure and don't want to mis-state the facts. I will say it is one of our favorite go-to spots for the whole experience: service, menu and value. The have a couple of items that are also offerings at Market. The Chopped Bistro Salad is my absolute favorite salad and is practically a meal in itself with chopped broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, bacon and blue cheese (and I don't know what else) and if you like a hearty salad you will LOVE it. We can hardly ever pass on the Blackened Chicken Empinadas (sp?); I don't eat fried foods often but we usually split an order as an appetizer and they are worth the splurge!
The fish tacos are also really good, especially on Wednesdays when they are on the Happy Hour menu and the chef makes the tortillas fresh. Speaking of the Happy Hour menu, it's probably our new favorite HH in town between the $5 per item prices and the size and quality of the portions. Oh- and if you like butterscotch pudding don't pass on this dessert item- it's FAB!
I'll try to update with photos soon.
Cheers!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank USNomad257

Sarasota, Florida
“Yummy Brunch in downtown Napa”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Finding a reasonably priced meal anywhere in Napa Valley is challenging but this Bistro delivers in every way. Yummy food by the former chef/owner of Silverado Brewing and delightful service by our waitress Shauntel...sorry if I misspelled. I really miss having a good, local place to go up valley but if you want the same delicious food and service give Napa Valley Bistro a try. We made reservations for 11am on Sun but could have been seated without reservations at that time. By 12:30 the place was packed. We had the Bistro Benedict which had just the right amount of cajon seasoning and huevos rancheros. And a lovely berry cobbler to finish the meal. Everything tasted great and I will return soon for the lamb burger...my fav at the previous restaurant up valley.

Vancouver, Washington
“Very Good Food in Nice Bistro”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I had a GREAT lamb burger. They are hard to find, so I gobbled this one up, along with the fries. Both delicious. Everyone at the table (7) enjoyed their meals. Service was very good--attentive but not oppressive. We'll go again.

Napa
“Comfortable neighborhood find”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Napa Valley Bistro does a very good job of serving food at reasonable prices with a relatively good level of cuisine quality. We had dinner there with family this week. Some of the dishes we sampled were beat salad, Calamari, lamb burger, ham burger, fried chicken, and the Ahi tuna salad. It was a very good dinner, though the Calamari was relatively bland and didn't hold a candle to some of the better call Mari's in Napa such as the one at Celadon. Service was very good, and the wine selections by the glass are relatively limited.

Mill Valley, California
“An hidden find around the corner”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A friend told us about the Bistro and we were surprised to realize that we had never seen it before, slightly off the Main Street thoroughfare. It's a cozy place with many food choices. We tried the calamari, fish and chips, and risotto with a bottle of wine. Service was great.