“Shouldn't Be Missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Celadon

Celadon
Reserve with OpenTable
Celadon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fifth St.
Description: Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.
Miramar, Florida
“Shouldn't Be Missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My mom and I ate here during a recent trip to Napa. The hotel we stayed in was about a mile away, so within perfect walking distance to downtown Napa where Celedon is located. There is an outside seating area that was really nice, and an inside space. I noticed that everyone was sitting outside when I went inside to use the restroom. We shared the crabcake appetizer (which was awesome), a salad and the Kobe hangar steak special. They did not frown on the sharing and even split the salad and entree for us. The only hiccup was they failed to fire our steak on time so dinner took a little longer than expected. Wasn't a big deal for us since we didn't have plans after, but they covered a dessert for the mix up.

Overall the food and the dining experience were great. I would definitely recommend Celadon and would eat there again. Have fun!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank kjones9854

Gresham, Oregon
“IN HISTORICAL DOWN TOWN NAPA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I were staying with friends and we told them we would like to take them to dinner and they picked this place to go to.
Best choice, great food and reasonable priced.
When I go out to eat I don't mind spending a little more, if the restaurant has a nice ambiance, a nice menu to chose form and good service. Well this one hit all the boxes!!!
Two of us had the lamb shank that was cooked to perfection, and the butter lettuces salad with tomatoes and champion vinaigrette dressing. My husband had the halibut with seasonable vegetables and a light savory sauce which was excellent. He also had the salad special topped with shrimp that night was very well done and very fresh and tasty.
I heard that the owners are not only great restaurateurs, but are also interested in and contribute to their community, (it is a plus to have great people serving from a heart of love).

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SuzanneLG
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Good food, great service, casual dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Celadon has interesting decor and the service was excellent. The food was good, but they need to do better with the vegetables. My wife's vegetables were limp, instead of bright. I had Duck with kale, and the kale was not wilted enough, that I ended up just taking it off the duck, which otherwise was delicious. I will probably go back and hope they just had an off day with the veggies. Otherwise the food was good and we enjoyed our evening at celadon.

• Visited April 2014
London
“A gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Restaurant divided into an outside covered patio at the back leading to an air conditioned inside room. Outside full, inside almost empty. A youngish crowd drinking mainly wine and cocktails.

The lunch menu is appetisers, salads and mains although the pricing of some of the starters were similar to the mains. Portions are generous and we ordered a small Caesar salad with strips of charcoal grilled chicken breast $8, belly of pork with watermelon in a marvellous sauce $15 and creamy dungeness crab cake with a salad $15. To drink we ordered a glass of sangria $7 which when it arrived was mainly ice but otherwise was more like a rose spritzer.

The Caesar salad was excellent, the crab mouth-wateringly delicious and the belly of pork tender and well spiced with the watermelon a perfect accompaniment. No room for dessert and the bill came to $50 including tax.

Highly recommended and best to book, even for a midweek lunch.

Visited May 2014
Long Beach, New York
“Beautiful ambiance, great service, avarege food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were a party of five tired and hungry after an all day long vinery hopping.
We made reservation only in an hour advance. The setting is beautiful! Modern, but very cozy.
Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
We ordered several different dishes. It was a mixed bag....The shrimp appetizer was great, also the daily pasta special with pulled pork (we ordered as an appetizer). I liked the fried calamari with ginger, but others in the party found it too sweet. The lamb shank was delicious, the rib only so-so and the chicken with speatzle very dry. We didn't try any wine but had a couple of basic cocktails from the very average bar.
I would still recommend this restaurant because the setting and the service and because some of the dishes were very good. Prices are average in Napa.

• Visited May 2014