“I LOVE this place and you will too”
Review of Celadon

Celadon
Reserve with OpenTable
Celadon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 285 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fifth St.
Description: Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.
Austin, Texas
“I LOVE this place and you will too”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

First, they are very accommodating to food allergies! This is a must because my wife and I both have them. The wine list is fun and very tasty. The dinner was very satisfying, tasty and fun. The server was a very nice lady and made the evening very special. My wife had a creme brûlée with bananas. I don't eat dairy, but she said it was amazing and wanted to go back for it the next day! The atmosphere is quiet, and romantic. The aesthetics are lovely too. I would be happy to return!

Visited July 2014

Kernersville, North Carolina
“Great food, but very pretentious”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We briefly checked reviews and thought this to be a desirable, casual experience. Upon arrival at 5:30 p.m. , the patio was empty and we asked to be seated there. The hostess said it was reserved until 8:30. I don't know if or when anyone showed up to be seated in the patio. Our waiter could barely speak English, and when I said I didn't understand what he said about the evening specials, he didn't offer to repeat them. When we ordered the "small plate" he said is that all you want? He didn't return except to bring our servings. He did ask if we wanted dessert and I understood him to say "chilleto". I asked what it was and he said ice cream. I said "do you mean gelato" and he rolled his eyes. We've traveled the world, but maybe we didn't clue in to "casual" on Napa Valley terms. I don't mind paying for quality and a lovely experience, but I also want to have fun and enjoy it without keeping my nose to the ceiling.

Napa, California
“Delicious lunch with friends.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have a birthday club, and for this birthday lunch we chose Celadon. We made reservations to dine on the beautiful patio, but at the last minute Celadon called and asked if we would move inside since they had a large party that needed to use the patio. We agreed and had a wonderful lunch in the cool interior. All of our meals were excellent: The coconut shrimp, mahi mahi (fresh!!)sandwich, "american-style Kobe beef" sandwich, and the chicken club sandwich. The salads that accompanied two sandwiches were fresh and lightly dressed, and the fried that accompanied the other two sandwiches were crisp and delicious. Since we had been switched from the patio to the dining room, and since we had a "birthday girl", they gave us two incredible desserts to share. One was a vanilla bean creme brulee with carmelized bananas on top (yum!) and the other was two chocolate/hazelnut bars with chocolate mousse on top and garnished with raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. Wow! All of this at reasonable prices!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“a very good +, not great Napa area meal”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Several people had recommended this as their favorite restaurant in Napa and one of the best locally sourced restaurants in the area. We went with high expectations, especially since we had had outstanding meals at a number of other Napa area establishments. The setting was nice and the atmosphere was friendly and warm. Our server and the waitstaff were excellent. The food was well prepared and the sizes of appetizers and entrees were large. The chicken and calamari were excellent but the fish was only very good. The vegetables in the salads and on the plates lacked the nuance and richness of the other restaurants we went to. At the end of the meal we were a bit disappointed because of this. Still in the end it was a very good experience.

Santa Monica, California
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Celadon based off of its stellar reviews. We were not disappointed! The restaurant wasn't stuffy or pretentious, but it was warm and welcoming. Our waitress was wonderful and happy to suggest a wine to go with our meal. My husband ordered the soup of the day and I ordered the crostini with warm goat cheese and port poached figs. Amazing! We both ordered the salmon and were both so happy with our choice. The fish was perfectly cooked and was paired with simple sides that complimented the fish. This restaurant has it down! Take a walk around downtown Napa afterwards for a romantic stroll :-)