“good compromise”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I did like price if compared to other motels around town, we were also upgraded from queen size to king and the room was quite clean even if the AC was stincking and very noisy.
I did not even try to have breakfast since I knew there was nothing fresh.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2011

I have just stayed here as part of a tour of northern California and well, how can I say, would not really recommend the Discovery Inn. When I arrived the room had been shut up all day in the heat with no windows open and so had an unbearable musty hot unpleasant smell. This called for all windows and the door to be left open, however it never really cleared. On the upside the room had a fridge, wifi and I assume a recently installed shower which was nice. After a fresh shower, I had a slightly more positive outlook on the place however not much of an improvement. I understand its a budget place but an air-freshener really wouldn't go a miss and would make a great deal of difference. Also, the breakfast does not have a great deal of variety. The have bagels, cornflakes and some sort of sugar coated hoops by way of cereal and some individually wrapped pastries as well as bananas and orange juice. Also the owner is a little strange/ creepy and never really gives you straight answers to your questions which was odd and didn't help with the already rising sense of uneasiness. You cannot fault its location, Napa seems like a lovely town, but somehow I don't think we'll be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This place was a bit removed from the downtown area (not an easy walk) but not bad. It is updated motel cabins, probably from the 1950s or 60s, so it is little cramped but comfortable. The air conditioner was a little noisy but worked to cool. Small windows, with no view. The breakfast was comparable to those served in European B&Bs; juice, cold cereals, bagels, coffee, tea and fruit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I found this low cost motel on hotels.com, which states it as a pet friendly hotel and then booked directly on Napa Discovery Inn's website. When I arrived to check in on June 16th and saw a small sign stating that no pets were allowed, the front desk manager refused to give me a refund and refused to provide an owner or a manager's name or contact information. In fact, he insisted that I let my 2 small dogs sleep outside. In the neighborhood this motel is in, I was nervous to keep the car outside, let alone 2 small house pets. I had to book another hotel that evening that was actually pet friendly and double-checked the websites to make sure I wasn't mistaken about the policies the manager insisted was present on their site and currently there is still nothing stating that pets are not allowed.

I called again and spoke with another supposed manager and she stated that their pet policy is posted on their site, even though she couldn't tell me where and again would not provide an owner contact and refused a refund. I have booked several travel services online over the years and have never encountered anything like this before and have no idea what to do to get my money back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracilr
Reviewed 22 June 2011

Overall, i would have to say this is a great find in the area. Beyond the old adobe style building lies a comfortable bed, hot shower, and people at the desk that help with local suggestions. I would say the inn is fair for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I recently stayed here with my wife and we were very impressed. We loved how cute the rooms were with every room having their own garage. Beds were comfy, the service was very friendly and I would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Pickup a Roomsaver or Travel Coupon Guide to save!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I stayed at the Discovery Inn a few weeks ago and had a good experience. Me and my husband were doing a little weekend getaway to the wine valley and wanted to get the best for our buck! Initially I was hesitant about checking in to this little place because it doesn’t look up to date from the outside. We checked in and were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk (I believe his name was Peter). We were checked in in a jiffy and had noticed a wine tour that was service. Peter kindly made the reservation on the spot and gave us an abundance of other information such as go to wineries, restaurants, and a wine tasting pass for one of the local wineries. As far as the room went, we had a nice king size room. It was decently spacious a little small to my liking but definitely good for what I paid for. It seemed like they had installed brand new carpet so the smell of the new carpet over took the room. I think new carpet smell is better than old musty carpet. Overall this was a good place. Friendly management and nice rooms. The wine tour was well worth the $99 a person! Definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple