“Worst hotel we ever experienced!”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 27 December 2011

If you don't want to destroy your vacation...PLEASE do not book in this hotel. Aside from the terrible condition and awful smell of d room, especially the COLD bathroom...the man who checked us in was very RUDE! We had already paid for 2 nights but we decided to move to another hotel. When we informed the desk, the same man who checked us in, didnt even bother to ask why we decided to check out a day early. This is probably how they make money...letting you pay in advance and giving you no choice but to check out early! This has been the worst experience ever...and to think my famiy and i have traveled to different parts of the world.

• Stayed: December 2011
There are newer reviews for Napa Discovery Inn

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I held two reservations for this property - one in July 2011 which I cancelled on their website (prior to them posting on their website that cancellations online were not allowed) and another in November. I cancelled July in accordance with the cancellation policy at that time but was unable to print it out because their dialog box was so small it wouldn't print. They put the charge for first night through on my credit card even though the reservation was cancelled and the manager kept insisting he had spoken with me. Clearly, he did not. I gave him the date I had cancelled the reservation and he refused to search their emails for my correspondence. At the time all of this was going on, I told him to make certain he had cancelled the November 2011 as well. He assured me they did. Then, I received a call from the manager in November wanting to know why I had not appeared for my reservation. I informed him again that it was because I had cancelled it, twice. I told the manager I intended to report him and this property to the Better Business Bureau. I will never make another reservation at this property again. I requested the owner's name and/or hotel management company and he refused to give it to me.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I called up to make a reservation. On their website it says that they are pet friendly. When I told them we had a dog, he said "no" and hung up on me. I can't believe he was so rude. We go up to Napa a lot and clearly will never stay here if that's how they treat their guests.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank P_S98742934723
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This place is terrible, when we checked in we were shocked by how disgusting the room was. It was so bad, that we had to sit in the car to decide what we wanted to do. The hotel had a 72 hour cancelation policy, so we could not cancel. So we decided to pay for the room and find another hotel. This is after telling the people at the front desk that we were not happy, them moving us to the "larger King Suite" where there was a gigantic stain on the comforter. Again, we could not even stand to stay in the room to decide what we wanted to do.
I could go on and on listing and describing, but I don't really feel like re-living. Trust me...it was bad!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank bdaniel_11
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I had made an reservation for a date far in advance to stay 2 nights which was verbally confirmed, but I never received a written or email confirmation only to discover later that I was charged for a no show on a date that I had not reserved. I then called the Inn to inquire and the man was unpleasant and screaming at me on the phone. I requested to have my credit card look into the matter and found I had no recourse and was stuck with the $100 bill.

Now I fully support hotels charging for no shows but what if a reservation was made in good faith but not correctly recorded by the hotel?

I can only advise that you request written proof of your reservations here and double check the dates.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 13 October 2011

From the outside this motel looks just fine and of course it is one of the more affordable accomodations in Napa. That's why we did not mind the smell of chemical cleaners combined with closed windows all day while it was about 90 degrees outside. Nothing, what open windows and an AC can't take care of. However, when we discovered long black hairs in our beds, between the sheets and everywhere, we were not very happy. Combined with the fact that the manager handed out fresh and apparently clean towels which did not look white at all, not even close because the maid forgot to leave one more set of towels in the room, we chose not to leave any tip. We did not try any breakfast, cause it was served in the tiny office of the front desk. Wifi worked, but the connection was not really good in our room. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room as well, however the microwave was not clean at all. Overall, the place served it's purpose but nothing more.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sunsetd
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We arrived to our room and it was hot and smelled of old animal urine. I think it used to be a pet friendly hotel. Once we turned on the A/C and opened the windows it helped a little but the smell was still noticeable. The bathroom was nice but the bed was very hard and difficult to sleep on. The front desk was not very helpful when asked questions about tours, transportation and other things to do in Napa. The continental breakfast was limited but at least the coffee was good. This place would be good if you have a car and need a free space to park, however if you don't have your own form of transport it is not very convenient or close to downtown. If you are looking for a cheap deal and a bed then this place is for you, but if you require a little more service, cleanliness, convenience and comfort then it would better to go for a place that costs a little more.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple