All reviews close to downtown quiet stay refrigerator and microwave wine tasting napa valley wi fi stayed here for two nights carport cereal wineries
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Nice! The Inn is intimate, clean & exactly what we needed after wine tasting. Staff was welcoming & friendly, the were grounds nice and rooms were comfortable and immaculate. We enjoyed all amenities.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank TroyDmag
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

We decided to attend BottleRock 2016 in Napa this year and thought it would be best to stay in Napa. Days before the event my husband broke his foot and we decided a location close to the grounds would be best in case he needed a break during the day. So we ditched our original booking and opted for Discovery Inn. It was across from the venue which was perfect For our needs.

Upon check in the staff was extremely gracious. The Inn itself is older and dated - much like a roadside motel, but it's very clean. The room has a few things that could be fixed. The grounds are well kept and there's even covered parking. There is a little outside area to eat your breakfast, but it's not much. It is quiet and we had a good night sleep.

If you are attending something like BottleRock then this is the place for you!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Stayed here for a night with my girlfriend. I was specifically looking for a place with 2 beds, and this place was basically the only inexpensive place with 2 beds in one room.
However, when we arrived, they said they didn't have any rooms left with 2 beds!! Good thing I had printed out my confirmation sheet to prove it, but still they were not ready to admit their fault. They kept asking us girls why can't you two share a bed? We will even upgrade it to a king size for you!! I said that is beyond the point, I won't share a bed, because I need a good night sleep before we hit the wineries tomorrow!! After negotiating, they finally gave us a 10 dollar discount for inconveniences and said that they will put in a roll away bed with no charge (they were still gonna charge us for that too, but why do I need to pay $25 for their mistake?!)
Anyway, despite all this, everything else was good I guess...
Pros:
1)Free wifi, parking, breakfast (just the minimums though:coffee, pastries, cereal, juice)
2)Along the Silverado Trail and walkable to town (about 20 minutes) if you prefer
- we ended up driving though, tons of free parking available
Cons:
1) It is a true "no frills" motel, if that suits you, you'll be ok
2) No breakfast area to eat; either bring it to your room or there is one table outside

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Was newly renovated. Staff was exceullent and friendly. Very accommodating. Room was small. Bungalow style. Older looking building. Price was right. For the area this a bargain.
We would visit again for the convenience of being in Napa valley and low cost. Wine tasting is just minutes away. Downtown is a few minutes away which has fine dining restaurants almost anything you need.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

All I needed for the night was a place to crash in Napa that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and while no lodging there is truly inexpensive, this place fits the bill pretty well. It is extra basic, no frills. All the rooms overlook the parking lot, and are right on the highway. The highway isn't much travelled at night however (except on special event days, like BottleRock), so it's actually surprisingly quiet, as if you're in a rural setting. The room was tiny, and, as another reviewer noted, smelled musty even though it looked clean. I took that reviewer's suggestion of opening all the room windows upon check in, then leaving the room for a few hours. By the time I returned, the smell was gone. I had to ask how to use the ancient A/C, but once we got a lesson from the Innkeeper, it worked fine. The bathroom was a good size, clean, but old and run down. "Continental breakfast" is almost a joke, it's just some stale-looking Costco pastries and white-bread bagels that seem as if they've been sitting on the counter encased in Saran wrap for weeks, plus a small selection of equally stale-looking sugary cereals. I tried to make a bowl of instant oatmeal, but the teakettle labeled "Hot Water" poured cold water instead, so that was a no-go. It didn't ruin my day, because my expectations hadn't been high for this place, and ultimately it met my needs. I'd stay here again if I was needing a cheap place to sleep for a night.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple