“Unique urban winery/restaurant/brewery”

Ranked #34 of 297 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: St. Clair Brown is an urban winery, nano-brewery, and culinary garden located in the city of Napa. We make hand-crafted wines, small-batch beer that are served with a small garden menu to pair.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I visited the St. Clair Brown Winery while on a Platypus Winery Tour. Of all the wineries we visited, this was probably my favorite. We loved the wines and the urban winery concept. The owners were extremely knowledgeable and not pretentious whatsoever. Really enjoyed our visit here...can't wait to return after the renovations are completed!

1  Thank kgs7852

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We toured here as part of a wine tour and instantly fell in love with the winery. Elaine and Laina are very passionate people and you can sense the passion they have in their work and winery. The wines are extraordinarily good, the food is super delicious, and their greens are being grown in their urban garden attached to the winery. Our wine tasting included local cheeses and bread, unbelievably good honey, fresh hummus, and savory almonds. Two days after our tasting, we came back to the winery for appetizers and wine and was once again greeted with open arms by Laina. They are open later than most wineries which is a big plus. On this second visit, I even signed up for their wine club, because I loved their wines and the people so much. I cannot recommend this winery enough!

1  Thank Sexie-Veggie
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just arrived back home from a visit to a friends home in Napa. She took me to St. Clair Brown Winery and all I can say is they are wonderful. We arrived late on a Saturday night around 6:30 they are open until 8 I believe, most wineries close at 5 and we were welcome with open arms. The two women I met Elaine and Laina (I hope I got them correct) we so gracious to us to come and make a communal table to meet others who were already enjoying the Wineries finest selection.

They have this beautiful greenhouse that is currently their home and from what I understand are building a restaurant and brewery along with the winery across the way. The wine was delicious from what I sipped, I was the DD for all my friends so I would steal a sip here and there from them.

I would recommend you to add this to your day.

1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was our last stop on New Year's eve and we really enjoyed our experience. The staff were so friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed the four wine sampler with the cheese board. The tasting room is across the street from the winery in a greenhouse setting. Lots of character. If you're looking to do some in-town tasting, definitely stop here.

1  Thank mary r
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stopped by this winery on a Platypus tour and Laina was a wonderful and generous hostess. We enjoyed the wine and the delicious bites that accompanied the tasting (the hummus, preserves, and almonds were all unique and tasty!). The tasting room is open and airy and I loved the gardens outside. We look forward to returning and trying the restaurant and brewery when it opens! Wishing Laina and Elaine much success!

1  Thank Kristen C