“The best chance restaurant I've ever come by!”
Review of Pearl - CLOSED

Pearl
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Totally lucked out by stumbling upon this place! We were looking for a good wine spot before dinner and stopped here. The hostess and owner recommended some good wine bars in the area and because of her friendliness, we decided to come back there for dinner. Sooo glad we did. She was nice enough to take us without reservation and despite it being packed. Outstanding service. I ordered oysters with feta cheese and fish tacos. Amazing! All in all 5 stars!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I came here last minute after leaving another restaurant, and boy am I glad I did! The difference between this one and that are night and day. It was already 840 pm, but they had space on Saturday night. We were warmly greeted by the elderly sweet lady whom I assume is the owner. Yes, she was very friendly which makes a difference in my book on where I'd like to spend my $$. Originally we were seated in the corner, where it was cozy, however we were next to a loud table of wino's who were consuming 3 bottles before their entrees even came. Yes, it's Napa, but it was getting louder by the minute. No issues since we moved to the front of the restaurant where we could hear each other talk. Place is small, quaint, and casual, but don't let that deter you from the food. It was absolutely delicious! I ordered the swordfish, and my hub got the chicken verde. Veggies on the side were cooked well, steamed and then browned a little. My fish had this lemon cream sauce around it with fingerling potatoes. Chicken was moist, and came with polenta? I think.
Food was great quality, and you can tell they cooked it with care. Waitresses were excellent & friendly, and filled our waters before it ever reached midway.

Definitely happy we came here instead of the other one!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

After doing some research online, we decided to eat at this restaurant based on travellers' reviews. This restaurant is in the residential area so we had some reservation about its quality. When we walked in, the restaurant was full on a Friday night. There was 5 of us but we were seated at a 4 person table even though we had made a reservation which ruined my dining experience a little. The restaurant is very cozy and has a very local feel to it. There are not too many choices on the menu. We ordered the bbq oysters for appetizer. The oysters were fresh but there was not much surprise. For entrees, we ordered the duck and the pork chop. The entrees were delicious! For the duck, you can order two duck thighs for $26 or one for $17. I ordered one which is quite filling already. The duck also came with saffron rice and spinach I think? The combination was fantastic! The duck was cooked just right and blended so well with the sauce and the rest of the dish! I also tried my mom's pork chop which was very juicy and also blended very well with the sauce. For dessert, we had the bread pudding with caramel which was very good! I would definitely come back next time I am in town!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Hangin out in Napa for the evening and searched TA for the top places to have dinner. Pearl cam up and we made a great decision. The restaurant is right on a corner, so very easy to find. Two in our group had steak sandwiches and I had ground lamb sliders. The food was absolutely wonderful, the atmosphere is mellow and the staff are very friendly. The steak was very tender, the bread tasty and the lamb sliders divine.

Setup away from the tourist crowd and walk on over to Pearl's.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Escape the tourist restaurant scene and try this charming, off-Main eatery that is a local secret. Well worth your visit!

1  Thank Richard S