“I ate here 3 days in a row.”

Alexis Baking Company
Ranked #12 of 314 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Pamela, the concierge at Avia sent us to ABC after we asked for a breakfast option outside the hotel. After a short 2 block walk, we found the Mecca of Breakfast. From the crowded front counter, chock full of eclectic Chatchkes and treats, to the tablecloths printed with old maps of Paris, to the restroom doors marked with a donut and an eclair, the place exudes happiness and a wry sense of humor. It's a self seating joint. Order at the front counter, grab silverware and napkins and then seat yourself wherever you can. On our first visit, my wife had Chiliquitas (sorry if I misspelled) an awesome combo of corn tortillas cooked in a spicy sauce with refried beans and poached eggs. Simply Fantastic. I had Eggs Benedict which came with english muffins that were baked on premises. We also split Lemon Ricotta pancakes with Blueberry sauce. I will never be able to eat pancakes again. Day 2 was Huevos Rancheros, more pancakes, more chiliquitas. Day 3 our server told us we could order half orders of anything so we had 1/2 Eggs Benedict, 1/2 Chiliquitas, 1/2 Huevos Rancheros, and 1/2 Lemon Ricotta pancakes, this time with Fresh strawberries. The food, the service, the coffee and the atmosphere were a dream come true. I live on the East Coast, and just may go back to Napa just to eat those pancakes again. There are a few negative reviews here, but they are a few years old, so I can only guess there's been a change of owners, or management because this place totally rocked.

Reviewed 7 July 2010

The concierge at AVIA hotel suggested this for breakfast and the food was great! It is a little overpriced, but we still went twice. The potato bread is their specialty and it was perfect on my sandwich. I ordered egg, ham and cheese the first day and subbed bacon for the ham the second day. My husband ordered the salmon sandwich both times. It's smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers, and onions on a bagel. He loved it, and the bite I had was very tasty. They offer several tasty coffee drinks, and you can sweeten it with a variety of options they have (raw sugar, your usual sweetners, honey, etc).

The service was pretty good, and better on the second day when it was a little slower. They get very busy, and the severs seem to run like crazy, creating a slight chaos. But you order at the counter, so the only reason to worry about service is making sure your order is right and you get coffee refills.

Do make note that in most of the local cafes, ABC Bakery included, your beverages are assumed to be made "for here", so tell them if you want it "to go".

Reviewed 1 June 2010

A wonderful place for breakfast. The food was good and the service was excellent. Will definitely come back next time we are in Napa.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Nice, local favorite breakfast place with old fashioned counter that sells things like Sen-sen.
Delicious ricotta pancakes, chilaquiles, and steel cut oatmeal.
Daily bread specials e.g., walnut wheat.
Efficient service, especially by bus persons.
Average prices, nice portions.

Reviewed 19 September 2009

I got married on April 27, 2002, on the Napa Wine Train. I live in Germantown Maryland so I made all the arrangement long distance. After some research, I contacted ABC to see if a cake could be made for my wedding....ALEXIS herself called me to assure me all would be fine. It all worked perfectly! Alexis even contacted John from the flower shop next door to ABC so the flowers she put on the top of the cake would match the bouquet he was going to make for me. All I remember saying to her is whatever you think would be a great cake, I aggree with. Afterall, I was married that day. I will forever remember the kind people like Alexis and John that made my day so special. A day I'll remember always.
Thank You.