“Excellent food, service, room”

Silverado Resort - North and South Courses
Ranked #5 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Napa
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am here with a group, and I understand that not every unit has been updated, but my unit is just lovely, perfect in terms of new furnishings, spotless, good bed+linen scene. We ate the Grille after arriving hungry and I had dungenes crab salad (out of season) and it was delicious- and I am from crab-country and have sent back more than my share of crab. Room service is quick for little things like toothbrushes, and this am, ordered breakfast delivered and it was a choice that is hard to deliver hot and properly prepAred (eggs Benedict) and everything was perfect. I do NOT like that there isn't a little on-property store for medicine, magazines, toiletries. Also. There is no mini-bar, or even vending machine so if you want a bottle of water, it's room service and that is annoying. I sound like a baby, but everything else was so perfect, I want to let mgmt know what this picky traveler loved and didn't love. Overall though, very nice touches. Cheese and fruit tray came garnished with lavender and rosemary, and was quite artful. Nice job. staff very friendly.

1  Thank Danni M
"requests"
"server"
"winery"

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Liked: Huge plantation style resort, rented bikes to ride around the property, delicious tea/coffee/lemon water in the lobby daily, friendly staff, and great location.
Disliked: The pool area is looking a little run down and wasn't picked up (towels, drink cups everywhere). Also, the spa in the pool area had green water and stains so we didn't get in. Some of the apartments are not re-finished.

1  Thank Tiffany P
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Rooms are tired.
Restaurant tired. Food average. Staff average.
Views were beautiful
Not an intimate location

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Napa Valley and Silverado Resort are known for quality and beauty. When people come to Silverado they often want to play the much heralded North Course. It will be the spot where the Frys.om event will be played in October 2014 but Silverado has a secret as well. The SOUTH COURSE of this resort is also an amazing 18 holes in its own right. I have played both courses and while the beauty of the North Course will please, the South course will also challenge your golf skill sets.

Hole 1 of the South Course has your driving from a tee area that clears a creek and then lands you on the wide fairway. Trees do beckon on the right and left and so do bunkers on the right but this opening hole. When you are on this hole you feel like you are on the PGA Tour and you feel that you are also on one of the best courses in Northern California.

Hole 2 gets a little tighter but opens up to a wide fairway but the hole has a slight dogleg right and a slightly elevated green. Choose your clubs wisely here on your approach shot.

Hole 3 is a deceivingly tricky par 3. It is elevated and is protected by bunkers on the right and left. I recently used a 3 hybrid to make the green but putting on it is a challenge in itself.

By the time you get to hole 4, you are realizing that you are truly playing on a championship course and getting birdies and pars is not a walk in the park. Get used to Bogeys, Doubles and then realize you must manage every hole if you want Birdies and Pars.

I do not have the time to describe every hole but you will find that Hole 18 of the South course is a nice end and there is quite a surprise of bunkers that go around the front of the green. You end with a view of the Silverado Resort Banquet Area and people who are dining can look down to see your group and they finish 18.

Silverado is a class operation. The Troon Staff are UBER PROFESSIONAL and you might even see Andy Miller driving around with his son or Johnny Miller with his grandson as you play your round.

What Miller and partners have done with Silverado is stellar. The South Course is a great course to play and I highly recommending experiencing it the next time you visit the Napa Valley!

3  Thank Ken G
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were two couples with a two bedroom/two bath suite. The "living room" was very spacious with a table at which to eat and kitchen amenities for making coffee, heating up food and a very spacious refrigerator. The bedrooms were good sized and the bathrooms were large as well. It's a bit out of the way for wine tasting but with two couples sharing the expense, it was fairly reasonable. The spa/gym is extra cost and although I didn't use it, my friend did and said that it was nice. We don't play golf so I have no idea if the course is good--and it poured the weekend we were there, so there wasn't much opportunity to explore the grounds. We called the front desk and they sent a shuttle to pick us up and take us to our car which was very nice--we managed to stay pretty dry. We would go back again.

1  Thank Virginia F