“Napa's best stay!”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My recent stay at Napa's Meritage Resort and Spa was hands down a truly unique and excellent stay. I can certainly say that the management and staff at this hotel are completely driven to make sure your stay is nothing less than memorable. From the first reservation contact until I was greeted by the valet upon my departure I was treated with personalized and excellent attention. My check in was seamless and I was automatically upgraded to a lovely newly remodeled room with a baloney over looking the pool courtyard and the lovely vineyards.

Besides the excellent attention to every detail, this hotel has the unique feature of a vineyard just steps away that we could walk in and see grapes in their natural environment up close and personal. The walk thru the vineyards and oak trees was wonderful. Our spring stay also afforded us the opportunity to spender at the wild poppies and other wild flowers growing everywhere.

The concierge desk was excellent and went above and beyond with all my special requests. We were also very pleased to take advantage of the free shuttle to downtown Napa for dinner and a beautiful evening stroll. If you are planning a trip to the Napa valley you will have many options, but I can whole heartedly recommend the Meritage for a wonderful stress free stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony are a perfect place to enjoy the complimentary bottle of wine provided in e...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Dave S- Your thoughtful consideration and insight you've shared is absolutely wonderful. Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We truly do indeed work hard as a team to provide exceptional customer service for our guests. I am pleased you were able to experience that and have a wonderful time while in Napa. Please come back and visit us again soon. I will share your feedback with the entire team.

There are newer reviews for The Meritage Resort and Spa

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I could have loved this pretty resort.......however my husband and I stayed there recently for 4 nights when they were booked to capacity with a huge group 600+ overtaking the resort. We were actually told by staff to eat offsite for meals if we wanted choice since the restaurants were only serving fixed menus. You could not get coffee at the Blend coffee shop without waiting an hour and they were wiped clean of any type of snacks due to the crowds. We were on the second floor with a beautiful view of the vineyards in a lovely, spacious room however we were near the elevator and heard all the crowds talking as they exited all night and heard every footstep above us all night long - no soundproofing - ask for a room on the third floor. On the plus side every staff member was so courteous and helpful (and apologetic about the crowds and capacity issues). The concierges were so great........ especially Jillian booking us into restaurants in Napa every night (since who would want to eat at the resort under these conditions). Bottom line - they should be able to accomodate all their guests adequately despite attracting conferences........also AT&T phones get no service in most of the resort.

Room Tip: Request a room on the third (top) floor overlooking the vineyard (not near the elevator).......no so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Marie Q- Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Although I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, I am disappointed you did not have a wonderful 5-star experience we wish all of our guests enjoy, Our resort handles large groups with confidence that other guests stay will not be affected, I sincerely apologize you were not met with the same experience. I appreciate all of your thoughts and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Apart from the fact that the resort facilities and location and scenery set this hotel apart from many, the quality of service from EVERY member of staff at anytime if the day and night made my stay a fantastic stay....although there was a few hundreds of us.

Highly recommended!

It was a pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Laurent776,

I am elated to hear about your experience at our resort and the superior level of service that was displayed be each and every staff member on the Meritage Resort team. Service is so very important, and our team truly takes pride in caring for all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I just finished hosting a business function at the Meritage and I wish there were 6 stars as I would rate this property as excellent plus. First of all, the property is beautiful. Almost as important, the service is outstanding. The rooms are lovely and the beds sooooo comfortable ...always a big plus for me as I travel a great deal. Most importantly however, the Meritage manages to deliver in a big way while still managing to feel cosy and unique. Highly recommend this property for your next business function or just if you are touring the wine country and looking for a great place to roost.

Dear KarenKimseyHouse,

Thank you for your 6 Star rating for the Meritage Resort and Spa. I am am very appreciative of your comments about the outstanding service, the comfortable guest rooms and the overall beauty of the property. Our resort hosts many business meetings and conferences. One of our main goals is to always exceed the expectations of every guest who visits our resort. I will be certain to share your kind words with the staff.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

From the bellman who greeted me and helped me with my bags to Juan in the bowling alley, to the super chipper baristas in the coffee place Blend, the staff at the Meritage are terrific. And the overall impression of the property is impressive. The pool, the outdoor seating spread around the property, the number of outdoor fireplaces, and the walk to the wine crush statue are all pluses. On the minus side is a lack of commitment to the environment: we are in the midst of a statewide drought and there is no notice in the room, no opportunity to reuse towels or leave sheets, not even towel racks in the bathroom. Plus they remodeled with such gassy carpet that it triggered my allergies bigtime.
The property is clearly designed to accommodate big groups but they didn't have enough rooms with double queens. Do they really expect colleagues (sometimes who are paired with people they don't know well) to share a bed? The lunch meals were terrific, but the food at the ultra lounge and in the buffet in the evening was disappointing. Plus the only place to get snacks ran out of food--even nonperishables like chips. And doesn't offer candy bars especially chocolate!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Julie S,

Thank you for your compliments about the resort and our friendly staff. I will be certain to share your comments with the team about your guest room experience. I will also reach out to our food and beverage team and pass on your notes regarding our dining outlets. Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just stayed at he Meritage for a business function and thought it was a great resort. We wish we had more time there to fully experience all that the resort has to offer. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The only negative thing I have to say is that they really have crappie wifi and cell service is spotty at best. We will most definitely stay there again on our next trip to Napa which will be more for a vacation than work.

Dear James M,

It was nice to hear that you were able to enjoy The Meritage Resort in the midst of your business trip. Please accept my apology the challenges your experienced with the internet. I will be sure to share your comments with our IT team. I really do hope you will be able to return for family vacation. If so, let us know in advance and we will be happy to assist you in setting up wine tours dining experiences and all the the resort and Napa has to offer.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Meritage Resort exceeded my expectations. From the moment I checked in, to the moment I checked out, everything was truly amazing. The staff is very professional and welcoming. Everyone is very pleasant and always has a smile on their face. The property is very neat and clean and I felt very comfortable. All of the restaurants and bars provided excellent service. It's located in an awesome location with breath taking scenery!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear DeniseGeathers,

It was wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa. I am very proud of our staff and their genuine and caring attitude. I will be certain to share your kinds words with the team. It is always great to hear about fun and enjoyable family travels. Thank you for selecting the Meritage Resort.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!