“Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had an amazing time at the Meritage resort. The rooms are spacious and clean. Our 2 queen size beds could have easily fit four people comfortably. Aside from the spacious rooms and great amenities, the service is top notch. We would like to especially thank Quilé for all of his help after the wedding. We really appreciate it!! We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a getaway trip.

• Stayed April 2014
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear CWLsf,

I was elated to read about your recent getaway to the Meritage Resort and Spa. We are continually striving to exceed the expectations of every guest that visits our resort. Thank you for the 5 star review and recognizing Quilé for helping you after the wedding. Rest assured that that experience you have shared during your stay will be communicated with Quilé and the team. Your review is truly appreciated.

The Meritage Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Attentive service and excellent food. After a long day of travel, I was exhausted. When I called for room service Joyia was extremely helpful and kind. She even rushed my order so that I could get to bed! I highly recommend a visit or group event. Something for everyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Gretchen F.

Thank you for sharing your compliments about the excellent food and the attentive, responsive service your received from Joyia during your recent stay. When guests such as yourself take the time to share your experience and recognize individual team members I am grateful. We truly strive to provide each guest with the personal attention they deserve. Your kind words will be shared with Joyia and the team here at the Meritage Resort and Spa.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The resort is in the middle of a business district which is rather odd. I can't rate this property as a five star. The staff was awesome but the rooms inside were very basic.. I did love the view from my room which was the winery. The restaurant on property was okay nothing fancy as this is classified as a resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which faces the pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Stephanie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Although I am pleased you enjoyed the service delivered by our staff, I am disappointed you did not have a wonderful 5-star experience we wish all of our guests enjoy, Our resort is considered to be a great getaway and gateway to the wine country. I sincerely apologize you were not met with the same experience. I appreciate all of your thoughts and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Long Beach, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Meritage for wedding. The Resort is very nice and surrounded by a number of vineyards. There were beautiful views around the property and I suggest you walk up to the viewing deck above the Trinitas Wine tasting cave. The wedding reception was in the cave and was very intimate and beautiful location. I would definitely recommend this resort for any wedding and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Joseph V- I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to our resort. Your thoughts on venturing to The Vineyard Deck above Trinitas Cellars was wonderful and I am sure other travelers will appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for your time and we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is a beautiful resort. The rooms are very nice, very good condition and very comfortable. It is has a nice view of some vineyards and it is cool having the winery right behind you.
The workout room is very nice - great equipment. The staff was friendly, but at times seemed understaffed (I.e. long line-up at the front desk).
The downsides: It isn't walking distance to anything else. It is kind of in an industrial park. The food at the restaurants is pretty mediocre at best.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear awineguy11- It certainly sounds like you enjoyed the resort, rooms and overall experience. I am pleased and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are not located within walking distance of some attractions, we do offer a complimentary shuttle to Downtown Napa that is widely popular with our guests. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future to experience all of our amenities. Thank you again for all of your feedback.

Truly,

Redding, California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been staying at this resort for years. We come for business during the week and as a family sometimes on the weekends. We just stayed here for the Easter holiday. As usual it was very nice. I was upset to hear that my stay wouldn't include any housekeeping service. Unless I was willing to pay $50 a night for that option. I travel often and this was the first time I ever heard of such a thing. We keep a room really clean so we can enjoy the ambiance. It was just upsetting to pay $360 a night and not have that included. I hope they will change this policy back to the way it was. So unless you want to pay $50 a night extra prepare to roll up your sleeves this vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jamie S
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Jamie S - I am sincerely sorry for the confusion, but your review should be included on the Vino Bello Resort TripAdvisor. The Meritage Resort is adjacent to the Vino Bello, and we do NOT charge for housekeeping services. Again, I apologize for the confusion and hope this offers some clarification.

Warm regards,

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Good- Quiet, close to Napa, nice bed, nice touch to have bottle of wine in the room ( Apprentice Chardonnay), nice staff, nice resort, nice room but odd layout.
Average- WiFi was very very slow at times, bathroom had no bathtub, timeshare sales pitch at the concierge was ok but to phone the next day at 8 am and ask us again if we were interested...maybe thats a little too much.

Room Tip: Rooms were either facing the vineyards *( hill prevented good view) or the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear glennvanas,

Thank you for sharing comments about your visit to the Meritage Resort and Spa. I am glad that your overall visit was positive and you were able to experience our friendly service oriented atmosphere. I will be certain to pass on your comments about the WiFi and the timeshare sales efforts.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!