“Wonderful place to stay”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here this past weekend for my bachelorette party weekend. The place is just beautiful - the pool overlooks a vineyard which you could walk around, the spa was a wonderful and relaxing experience, the tasting room was fun and the girls were knowledgeable.
Each and every employee we came into contact with was beyond accommodating and I felt like they sincerely wanted us to have the best experience there. Which we did!
We took the shuttle to town for the wine train and the driver went out of his way to take us directly to the train! The concierge were so helpful in helping us plan transportation and plan our day. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Meghan H,

Thank you for your 5 star review and choosing to stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa for your bachelorette party weekend. I am elated to hear that everyone had a great time. I will be sure to share all of your kind thoughts about our resort and how well the staff accommodated everyone in your party. I hope you will consider us in the future for all of your travels to Napa.

The Meritage Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We just got home from staying six nights at the Meritage resort. Loved it. Our room was large and faced the vineyard, we had a balcony to sit out on with table and chairs, the bathroom was also a good size with a long vanity with two sinks, lighted makeup mirror, shower (no tub) with glass door and rain-type shower head. There was a separate room at end of bathroom with a pocket door for the toilet. The service was really good and we never came across an employee who was not friendly and helpful. The pool area was great with nice chairs and bar service, also a hot tub. There was a lot of seating area by the pool too, but removed from it. A large fire was also by it to sit around with heat lamps because the mornings and evenings are really cool in Napa, we discovered; around 50 degrees. We ate at the breakfast buffet one morning in the restaurant, Sienna, it was very good. We also had a great cheese plate at Commons, the bar area. Our server, Gina, was awesome in the bar, very nice and helpful. She went out of her way to get our request for a cheese plate and Riesling, which is only served in the restaurant. Thanks, Gina! We attended a social in the wine cave for the convocation my husband was a part of. They did a nice job over there. Also, the dinner was served in the ballroom and then we moved to Crush Lounge for dessert and bowling. Meritage did a great job with all of it. Good food at the Crush Lounge and Blends serves good breakfast fare and sandwiches along with their coffee. The complaint I've seen most about the Meritage is their location. Yes, they are a ways out, but please don't let that stop you from staying here. They have a free shuttle to downtown Napa which is only about 5 minutes away. We drove to the wineries in Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga. You can go all the way from the Meritage to the furthest town, Calistoga, in about 45 minutes. It's a really nice drive, too, very pretty to see all the vineyards and the mountains on each side and to stop at whichever winery you feel you want to see. The drive from Meritage to Sonoma is only about 15 minutes, too. We didn't go to the spa, but it looked nice. Free bottle of wine in your room and waters in fridge. From the front desk, to the restaurant, to the valet service, to the bar, the lounge and coffee shop--great place to stay! Loved sitting out by the gas fire at night (3 or 4 scattered around with comfortable furniture and tables) to enjoy wine by. An exceptional stay! Would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the view of the vineyard, otherwise the pool area would be nice, too. Our room was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelfromDuluth
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear TravelfromDuluth,

Thank you for taking time to share thoughts on your recent stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa. As a top contributor to TripAdvisor your 5 star review is one of the highest compliments we can receive. Your detailed thoughts will be shared with our team and reflected upon. I hope you will have an opportunity to return to Napa very soon.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I would easily give this resort a 5 star rating if it were in a different location. The hotel and its immediate surroundings are wonderful, but it suffers from its location in a corporate park with high power lines in front of the resort. However, once inside the Tuscan inspired hotel, it is lovely. We had a fantastic oversized room overlooking the vinyards and "Grape Crusher" sculpture. The bathroom is enormous. It was so nice to be given a bottle of wine and bottled water, too The balcony is spacious, and we enjoyed our stay here very much. I would easily choose to stay here again (in spite of the corporate park setting) because I did not see any other resort that I would have liked better. The staff was extremely polite, the coffee shop was delightful, and Sienna Restaurant was outstanding. There is easy access to highway for trips up Napa Valley or over to Sonoma.

Room Tip: face the back of the hotel for a better view of the vineyard and not the corporate park.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear LuciArlingtonHeights,

As a top contributor to TripAdvisor we truly appreciate and value your feedback on your recent stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa.Your compliments about our resort, the staff and the dining will be shared with the team. Thank you and I look forward to your next trip to Napa.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here for a Girl's Wine Weekend and would definitely recommend this resort. The location is great. Very easy to enjoy the wineries in both Sonoma and Napa. The complimentary shuttle that they offer to downtown Napa is a great way to enjoy the wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cubby4
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Cubby4,

Thank you for being our guest and selecting the Meritage Resort and Spa for the Girl's Wine Weekend. Your comments about our location and it's proximity to both Napa and Sonoma is something we are proud to share. Napa and Sonoma have some many wonderful wineries to enjoy and we always enjoy being host to many guests like you every year. I hope you your travels will bring you back to the Meritage Resort as often as possible.

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here for a business conference in May 2014. Although we were part of a very large group of approx 170 x persons the organisation was still excellent and the conference went on without any problems. After check-in I was directed to my room which was approx 5 to 10 mins walk from the lobby. The room was a large, comfortable and had a huge king-size bed. There were countless pillows on the bed to add to its allure. All of the facilities were modern and the bathroom was large with double sink units. The down side was the room is located right next door to the A/C chiller room, there was a constant sound of A/C working away day & night and I am sure without a large daily dose of the local wine I would not have slept.
Another problem was the Wi-Fi Internet service which was sporadic to say the least. Sometimes when I stood in the bathroom it would sometimes work, but if I sat at the comfortable work desk next to the window it definitely didn't work. Due to the size of our group I did not raise these points with the front desk as I already knew there were no other rooms available.
We ate at most of the bar & restaurants and each was very good especially the Wine Cave where we enjoyed an excellent buffet dinner all washed down with local made wine.

To conclude for a large conference environment The Meritage is a good choice. I cant help think however that if I was on vacation and looking for a cosy place to stay on a Wine tour, then this would be a little too large and perhaps disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not next door to the A/C room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank damian s
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear damian s

As a Top Contributor for tripadvisor we truly appreciate and value your comments regarding your stay at the Meritage. I am pleased to read that it was perfect for your group and they were well cared for. I have also taken note of the other details in your review and will share them with our team. In closing, I really do hope that you have a chance to return to Napa for leisure trip.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for a company function and could not have been more impressed with the Meritage.

The property feels like it might be a year old. Situated at the foot of the iconic "Crusher" statue, the Meritage grounds are immaculate and the buildings look like they are washed daily. It is a larger resort than what you might expect for Napa, but has the same level of service and food quality that you'd get at a smaller boutique. There is a bar with some bowling lanes, a delicious coffee shop and a couple of restaurants on the property. And, if you have the chance, check out the Estate Cave. A giant underground wine cave below the vineyards. Great place for a glass of wine and dinner, although the acoustics combined with a large group made it quite loud.Finally, the fitness center is legit - not a room with a mirrored wall and two broken treadmills like you so often see. Free weights, machines and cardio equipment. The garage door walls were open most of the time there which made working out a pleasure.

The service staff, from the grounds crew to the coffee shop to the food service, is very friendly and accommodating. Whatever you need is quickly delivered with a smile.

Finally, the food was the most pleasant surprise. Not just for me, but most everyone there. We had a group of 100, so it was buffet city. Chewy chicken. Rubbery pasta. Cold veggies. Pepto for dessert. Not here! This was possibly the best buffet food I have ever eaten. Better than 90% of the a la carte restaurants I encounter during my travels. Several of us went back from seconds on more than one occasion. Tender chicken and fish. Eggs and proteins tasted like made to order. Delivering that quality of food with such consistency is quite the feat for a group of 100. Bravo to the chef and crew! I can only imagine a same or better level of quality in the restaurants on the property.

Whether you are looking for a place for an event or a peaceful getaway with the significant other, try out the Meritage - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the vineyards
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Enachi,

Thank you very much for taking time to share comments about your recent experience at the Meritage Resort and Spa, As a senior contributor for tripadvisor we truly value your comments. It was wonderful to hear that your stay was exceptional and the staff and food exceeded your expectations. I will be certain to share your comments with our team. I look forward to your next trip to Napa.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay at the Meritage was the highlight of our 12 days in California. We stayed at some really nice hotels during our travels, but this place far exceeded our expectations. Great staff, great rooms, great restaurants. Didn't have time for the spa, but the way this place is run, I would be willing to bet it is also "great". My only regret is that we didn't plan to stay here longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Malirica
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Malirica- Thank you very much for the kind words on your recent experience. It is a wonderful compliment that out of all the hotels you visited that we've exceeded your expectations. I truly hope you had safe travels back home. Please come back and visit us again soon!

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!