“Excellent customer service!!”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Francisco, California
“Excellent customer service!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was a guest at The Meritage Resort Spa during a conference and it was a very busy weekend. I had experienced excellent customer service from a young lady named Patricia. She went over and beyond. I highly recommend this hotel. I live in San Francisco and believe me I will be going back to visit this beautiful resort in Napa with my family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Susan A,

Thank you for your compliments regarding our outstanding customer service and your special recognition of Patricia. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Patricia personally. We look forward to your next trip to Napa and having the opportunity to once again exceed your expectations.

The Meritage Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Chicago
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Meritage Resort for our honeymoon, 6/24-6/27. We found a deal on travelzoo which seemed like a great deal given the cost of other hotels in the Napa area. We splurged and upgraded to a balcony room overlooking the pool vineyard. While this upgrade was nice, I would like to point out that there are a LOT of birds on the property. The birds were constantly hanging out near our patio which resulted in LOTS of bird poop on patio furniture. Also, our balcony was directly above the "smoking" area so there were many times we would open our doors to the nice, refreshing smell of cigarette smoke (gag). Also, it would have been nice if we could keep the door open a bit to let fresh air in (or in this case, our not so fresh air). Since we always smelled smoke from outside, it wasn't that big of a deal that the door wouldn't remain opened but would have been nice for the other patio rooms.

We arrived around 2 pm on our first day and was told that our room wasn't ready. We were absolutely exhausted having had an early am flight so we just sought out a spot to close our eyes for a minute, happened to be a couch by the pool. Room wasn't ready until exactly 3 pm. When our room was finally ready we took a much needed nap. I was woken up by someone knocking on our door and soon after, opening our door. Freaked me out but turned out to be someone dropping off champagne and strawberries which was nice (we also received a card which was incorrectly addressed to Mr & Mrs "my mis-spelled maiden name"...we had a laugh about that one).

Really enjoyed the bathroom and the shower was nice with warm/hot water every day. Pictures of the rooms online are slightly misleading as they were a bit smaller than pictured. Complimentary bottle of wine was also nice. Parking was easy and we always managed to find a spot near the main entrance. There was a few "President Club" outings and a wedding going on so a few times we weren't able to fully access areas of the property (tasting room cave, some outdoor spots). We walked over to the bowling area but didn't have enough downtime to actually play. Also, we didn't get to use the pool either because by the time we got back from being out all day, the weather cooled off considerably. Nice fire pits around the adult pool though. Vineyard is also nice and we walked to the top and explored a few times...never found the path to the grape crusher statue though?

Location is also great, for us at least. This was our first time in Napa and we liked that Meritage was located on the further end of the Valley. Made leaving to Sonoma/San Francisco very convenient. In room wifi was great but spotty at times.

Overall, nice visit and would recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan B
Dear Susan G,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at The Meritage Resort and Spa. As a Top Contributor to TripAdvisor we truly value and appreciate your comments. I will gladly share your review with the Meritage team and reflect on all of the areas of the hotel you were kind enough to highlight.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Here is what I liked: good food and restaurants, awesome gym, great pool area, easy parking, complimentary paper and coffee, vineyard scenery, good size room and very friendly staff. The staff are ALL professional and courteous; made our stay pleasurable. Absolutely one of the best Spa experiences I have had. My massage therapist was professional and highly skilled. The spa services were top 10% in the business.

Here is what I didn't like: only one hot tub, and it was monopolised by 10 drunk guests all night. At night, there were a lot of drunk guests acting poorly. The good thing is that the resort was mine in the morning, since the alcoholics were sleeping off their hangovers. Also did not like the "resort" fee...ridiculous!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Meger07
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Meger07- Although there were a handful of concerns you experienced during your time with us, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay. I do hope to offer some insight to our Resort Fee.

The Resort Fee includes: welcome bottle of wine, daily bottled waters, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the resort, use of the Internet Center, self and valet parking, daily newspaper, morning coffee service in lobby, recreational and fitness amenities, access to DVD library, credit card and 800 access fees, fax services, local calls, shuttle to two local golf courses, plus evening shuttle service to downtown. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to welcome you back to The Meritage in the near future.

Truly,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place was fantastic! It was completely luxurious, and clean, and just simply beautiful. We had a wonderful view of the vineyard from our room. We enjoyed wonderful massages at the spa, and many relaxing afternoons in the pool. The people at Trinitas were very friendly, as we're the rest of the staff! They did forget to clean our room the one day, which they were completely apologetic about and came back while we were at dinner and cleaned up and gave us turn down service!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LgPhilly- It certainly sounds like you truly enjoyed our resort! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I will share your review with the team at Trinitas Cellars as well as the rest of the team! I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We've just returned from a 4 night stay at the Meritage Resort in Napa and loved the hotel! The hotel is about 10 minutes by car from Napa town center but it's worth the drive as the location of the resort is beautiful. The rooms are lovely and have an upscale feel. The staff at Reception were very friendly and helpful. The Spa service was wonderful and worth checking out. We tried to hot stone massage and Terra massage and loved it. The meals at Crush were also great.

The only negatives I have are the $20 resort fees per room per day which includes one bottle of wine, 2 water bottels, parking and WiFi. The WiFi had a strong connection which I appreciated but if you didn't use the parking or the Wifi, this mandatory resort fee is a bit on the high side. The other negative was the on the weekend, there wasn't alot of chairs available at the pool. People tend to leave their towels on the chairs once they get one and it's hard to find empty chairs after 9am. This did not seem to be an issue on the weekdays though.

Overall, I would gladly return to this hotel and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Room in the Meritage hotel itself and had an amazing view of the pool, vin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Rohinish- First and foremost, thank you for choosing our resort for your 4-night stay in Napa Valley. We know you have many options in the area, and it is truly an honor to have you. Thank you for all of your valuable feedback, including the Resort Fee. Resort Fees are indeed an industry-wide practice at many destination resort such as The Meritage; I thank you kindly for being understanding to this regard. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here last night (6/30/2014) before my conference and had a great short stay. I've stayed here 2 years ago and had a wonderful stay then too. This time I stayed in another building and the décor was well done and roomy. Since I am very particular with beddings it was soft and had a very comfortable bed! There is a new bowling alley and a hot tub at the new building site as well as patios in each room!
The only thing I would suggest in the availability of water/soda machine on the floors and keep the ice machines easily accessible in EACH wing NOT for the whole floor especially when you're at the end of the hall! Also a pool in the new building not just a hot tub!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear RN2GO925- Your review is much appreciated! Thank you for mentioning specific details including our updated decor, comfortable bedding as well as Crush Ultra Lounge! I am so pleased you enjoyed your overall stay! I did want to mention that the new building is located directly next to the main adult pool that overlooks the vineyards- as well as the separate single hot tub on the other side of the building. I hope this helps clarify. Again, thank you for all of your feedback. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Warm regards,

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for five days last week. The hotel was tastefully decorated and the rooms were spacious and clean. The service was outstanding and the food, especially the pizza from Crush was amazing. We traveled with our two small children (6 and 3) who had fun at the family pool at hiking up the hill to the wine crusher statue. If you are traveling with small children and are looking for a caregiver I highly recommend you contact Maggie Johnson from Napa Valley Nanny.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kwoods16
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear kwoods16,

Please accept my thanks for selecting the Meritage Resort and Spa for your family vacation in Napa. I was genuinely pleased to read that a great time was had by the entire family. I will most definitely share your experience with the Meritage team. We look forward to being a part of your future travels to the west coast.

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,283 reviews

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!