“FANTASTIC in every way!”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Mission Viejo, California
“FANTASTIC in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fourth of July week: An elegant and friendly resort, with all of the finer amenities. Very attentive Staff, always going above and beyond the call of duty. Exceptionally friendly Management and Staff throughout. Wonderfully delicious food and great service at reasonable prices. The BEST prime rib EVER. Breakfast and even the chicken soup was just as wonderful!

Housekeeping takes pride in making the resort sparkle in individual rooms, hallways or gathering places. The bed was "cloud" comfy. Concierge very helpful and knowledgeable in the entire Napa area, as was every single employee we spoke with. The best part is that the employees are always smiling and genuinely happy, very helpful and extremely polite. We spent our 50th Wedding Anniversary there for a week and were well-celebrated by all! The best total experience we've had the pleasure of enjoying in all of our years of travel, here or abroad!!! I have sent a personal note to the Hotel General Manager, Michael Palmer, to thank each employee and staff member in person from us....and the list is long!

Jackie W
Mission Viejo, CA

Room Tip: The view from the balcony of our room of the Grape-Crusher Statue and vineyard was quiet, relaxing a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear jaclin1244- First and foremost, thank you for choosing our resort as your 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration! I speak for the entire team that it was an honor to have you stay with us! Thank you for taking to the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor travelers, as well as reaching out to our General Manager. Again, thank you for your sincere and thoughtful kinds words.

Cheers!

The Meritage Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Resort was beautiful, and included a small winery towards the back of the resort. I didn't spend much time roaming because my trip was filled with many wineries to visit in the area. However, I did get a change tour the poor and fire pit area after hours. The area was beautiful and very clean. The simple fact my room consist of a complimentary bottle of wine was lovely. Because I did indeed find time to pop my bottle fire pit/pool side after returning from so many wine tours during the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear LadyDSM- Lovely review! Thank you not only for your 5-star review, but also your thoughts and acknowledgment of some wonderful aspects of our resort! I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Northern Cali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went to the Meritage for a wedding on July 4th weekend. Jose from the front desk provided excellent service for us. We recently had a baby and I needed to pump but wanted a little more privacy and comfort than the bathroom. My husband asked at the front desk and Jose opened up an empty conference room for us. Not only that but he also froze my ice pack and refrigerated the milk when we were done. I was definitely impressed with such service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear chica1014- Thank you for your 5-star review. As a new mother, I am sure you are very busy, so I am grateful you took the time to share your thoughts. I will ensure your kind words are passed along to Jose for his great service. I hope you enjoyed your time at the wedding and plan to visit us for a getaway soon!

The Meritage Resort and Marketing
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This resort is at the "mouth of Napa", meaning you are not going to be walking into town. But never fear, there is a shuttle that goes back and forth during the evening, and it's only a 5 minute drive to town. We were there the week of July 4th and did not have any trouble parking anywhere. The rooms were very nice with a patio to relax on at the end of the day. The Ultra Lounge is cool with a bowling alley and pool tables. The Adult only pool area was just fantastic. Hot tub was perfect after a day of winery touring. The tasting room was cool inside the cave, very nice. It is quiet in the evening which was good because I needed to rest after the wonderful long days in Napa. Great breakfast! The valet always had bottles of water in our car when he brought it up for us.

Room Tip: Try and get a patio room. We had one overlooking the courtyard which was fine, it was quiet and the...
1 Thank jencody
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear jencody- Your review gives wonderful insight to other travelers! Thank you for the specific details and positive highlights on many aspects of our resort. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay! I speak for the entire team in that we hope to welcome you again soon.

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I was completely disappointed with this place me and my sister stayed at the end of our napa getaway and I wish we would have just skipped it the food at the restaurant was ok but we ordered room service and it took almost two hours the gentlemen told us to put our trays outside when we were finished and they still called us asking if we were done not quite sure why the overall hotel was nice but the people seemed fake and put out by requests won't stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Fullofyouth
Dear Fullofyouth- We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor, we as a team, are very concerned of your review. As you can understand, we take 1-star reviews very seriously, so that we may correct any actions so that we learn from our mishaps. If possible, we would personally like to discuss with you. I have send you a direct message. If you can kindly let us know when you have a moment of time. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

The Meritage Resort and Marketing
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

There is no doubt that the Meritage is a fabulous resort which offers an excellent range of amenities and services (check website). One top though I would advice against ground floor rooms. Anyone walking past can see in and I wonder about the security of these rooms.

There are some quirks like - an adult pool that does not permit children BUT permits the owners pets!!! Families have to go to the other pool.

At times it took numerous phone calls to get things collected by guest services.

Concierge advice re: wineries is not always accurate.. Esp info re winery cave tours... Best to check with winery directly.

Finally, this place is so big that it is rarely full so you will always find a bargain price and an upgrade.

I would happily stay here again - quirks and all.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RobCug67
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Cugno- I appreciate you reaching out via Trip Advisor to share your recent experience and recommendations. I would like to personally address your concern of our ground-floor rooms. The safety and security of all of our rooms is our top priority and I can rest assure you they are safe and secure. I will also reach out to the concierge department with regards to your winery mention. Again, thank you for your review.

Woodland, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived on a Sunday evening (end of a holiday weekend) without a reservation and were pleased to find the hotel had vacancies. We were told valet parking was free but there were plenty of close, open spots and we didn't use the valet. Lobby was nice, front desk staff friendly and helpful. We got a courtyard view balcony room; not really a view to speak of but nice to have a balcony. We did prop the doors open with chairs to get some fresh air (no other way to keep them open); it would have been lovely to eat breakfast out there but there was no table, just two chairs. Plenty of room for one, but nope. Room was nice and COOL when we arrived; A/C worked excellently but was quite loud in our room. Bed and pillows were comfy and clean. Room service was timely but one dish was barely warm when it arrived. My main complaint about this hotel was the constant interruptions in the morning -- we were scheduled to check out that day but housekeeping knocked on our door twice, once just after 8AM. To be fair we didn't have the do not disturb sign out but really, they should have just waited till we checked out (check out time is 11AM). Someone also knocked on our door asking to collect the room service dishes. So that was three knocks on our door between 8 and 10 AM -- none of which were necessary and all of which were inconvenient. (This is why I gave the Meritage 4 instead of 5.) Two bottles of water and one bottle of wine were included with the room, which was nice. We would definitely stay here again and spend some time in the spa -- it was just a quick pit stop for us this time.

1 Thank Renee T
Dear Renee T- Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent experience. Although I am pleased you enjoyed the majority of your stay, I am sorry you were met with interruptions in the morning before check out. I will address your concerns with the housekeeping department. Please do come back and visit us again- especially to enjoy some time at the spa.

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,279 reviews

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!