“Fabulous hotel! ”

Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! What a great hotel! We arrived to the resort with ample free parking and no wait at reception. Rebecca at reception was particularly helpful and really great at answering any questions we had and telling us about the hotel.
We were upgraded with our room and stayed in an adjacent building with a fabulous room and a balcony which was great. Room lovely - bathroom huge and room a good size too with all the necessary things that make it a great hotel.
The pool at the hotel is lovely and staff around the pool great, on a nice day get there by 11 if you want a bed by the pool. Towels provided by the pool.
The wine tasting cellar opposite is great, you can just rock up pay $20 and taste 5 wines a mix of red white and rose, and can also have a walk around the vineyard whilst drinking your wine! You can also choose to do 4 wines and 4 chocolates for $30.
Didn't visit the spa so can't comment, looked amazing though.
The crush bar is great does good food at reasonable cost and the bowling alleys are cool!
Bottle of wine on arrival is nice - we didn't get a corkscrew so asked at reception and they gave us a pretty decent one to keep which was nice!
Overall a great hotel cannot fault it at all wish we stayed here longer!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rebeccabownas
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Rebeccabownas- Your review is fabulous to read and it sounds like you truly had a wonderful experience! Thank you for your 5-star review and your beaming compliments about many aspects of our resort. I have already shared your feedback about Rebecca with the front desk management team. Again, thank you for your review (and photos). I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Truly,

There are newer reviews for The Meritage Resort and Spa

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Meritage in July or a weekend away. I bought a half priced room on Travelzoo. The outside was very clean as was the rest of the premise. The staff was very helpful and warm on arrival. The rooms were nothing special. The shower wall was rusted and the bed sheet was torn. Considering the price and class of hotel, I would expect something better.

Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear courtneyjestes- Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would however, like to learn more of your guest accommodations. Your shower and sheets are not acceptable and I would like to address with my team. I am confident that the majority of our guests enjoy our rooms and find them very much appealing. I apologize you were not met with extraordinary accommodations. If you could kindly check your private message as I have sent you a message. Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a wedding. I really enjoyed this property. The service, rooms, and facilities were all wonderful. I especially recommend the winery on the resort. Also the quinoa blend bowl at blend cafe is delicious. In fact all of the food and drinks were fabulous and not overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear kris410- I couldn't agree more that the Quinoa Falafel "Blend Bowls" at Blend are delicious! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. Please come back and visit us from New York in the future!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just spent two nights there and it was a very pleasant experience. the staff were very nice even though the place was crowded. The Meritage is a beautiful hotel - so it's a wedding factory - there were 4 weddings each day we were there. The room was quite comfortable. The food in their onsite restaurant was good - we had a nice dinner there on Sat night - their wild-caught trout was fresh and delicious. Their breakfast buffet was also good and could make eggs to order, even though it took a bit, more than made up for by the sweet waitress we had. Wasn't crazy about the wines in their tasting room - kind of a cave place under the vineyard. The surrounding vineyards were beautiful and you can climb up to observe them. only sour note is for such a huge resort - several buildings, the pool wasn't that big, but we didn't use it anyway - nor the bowling alley. BTW, the wine tasting coupons that came with our package were great - especially enjoyed the Michael Mondavi vineyard. all in all a good stay.

Room Tip: ask for a "vineyard view" room - the vineyard looks gorgeous in the setting sun and it'...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear PanAm007- As a well-traveled reviewer, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our resort. Your thoughts are extremely valuable to us, and we appreciate your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Fourth of July week: An elegant and friendly resort, with all of the finer amenities. Very attentive Staff, always going above and beyond the call of duty. Exceptionally friendly Management and Staff throughout. Wonderfully delicious food and great service at reasonable prices. The BEST prime rib EVER. Breakfast and even the chicken soup was just as wonderful!

Housekeeping takes pride in making the resort sparkle in individual rooms, hallways or gathering places. The bed was "cloud" comfy. Concierge very helpful and knowledgeable in the entire Napa area, as was every single employee we spoke with. The best part is that the employees are always smiling and genuinely happy, very helpful and extremely polite. We spent our 50th Wedding Anniversary there for a week and were well-celebrated by all! The best total experience we've had the pleasure of enjoying in all of our years of travel, here or abroad!!! I have sent a personal note to the Hotel General Manager, Michael Palmer, to thank each employee and staff member in person from us....and the list is long!

Jackie W
Mission Viejo, CA

Room Tip: The view from the balcony of our room of the Grape-Crusher Statue and vineyard was quiet, relaxing a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear jaclin1244- First and foremost, thank you for choosing our resort as your 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration! I speak for the entire team that it was an honor to have you stay with us! Thank you for taking to the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor travelers, as well as reaching out to our General Manager. Again, thank you for your sincere and thoughtful kinds words.

Cheers!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Resort was beautiful, and included a small winery towards the back of the resort. I didn't spend much time roaming because my trip was filled with many wineries to visit in the area. However, I did get a change tour the poor and fire pit area after hours. The area was beautiful and very clean. The simple fact my room consist of a complimentary bottle of wine was lovely. Because I did indeed find time to pop my bottle fire pit/pool side after returning from so many wine tours during the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear LadyDSM- Lovely review! Thank you not only for your 5-star review, but also your thoughts and acknowledgment of some wonderful aspects of our resort! I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went to the Meritage for a wedding on July 4th weekend. Jose from the front desk provided excellent service for us. We recently had a baby and I needed to pump but wanted a little more privacy and comfort than the bathroom. My husband asked at the front desk and Jose opened up an empty conference room for us. Not only that but he also froze my ice pack and refrigerated the milk when we were done. I was definitely impressed with such service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear chica1014- Thank you for your 5-star review. As a new mother, I am sure you are very busy, so I am grateful you took the time to share your thoughts. I will ensure your kind words are passed along to Jose for his great service. I hope you enjoyed your time at the wedding and plan to visit us for a getaway soon!

The Meritage Resort and Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!