2,190 results
All reviewsbowling alleycrush loungesiena restaurantwine cavetasting rooman industrial parkwine tastingdowntown napafamily poolfree shuttlebusiness conferenceconcierge deskadult poolwine countryshuttle servicegirls weekendbeautiful property
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location is idea to visiting Napa. I DO NOTE you DO have many benefits to partake on. Like wine tasting, and a spa plus restaurants in house that I haven't visited but I'm sure are good since I saw this place featured on the Bravo Show Top Chef. I just thought for 350 a night the room would be nicer or include a microwave as it just seemed business classed. I didn't care for the shower rust or broken door on patio and I thought the vents should be more clean for what this hotel costs that's all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheSaltyPepper
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear TheSaltyPepper,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa. As a Top Contributor to TripAdvisor the feedback on your experience is highly valued. I am saddened to read that your guestroom did not display the quality and standards we strive to share with every guest. Rest assured that I will share your comments with our team and address your concerns. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to earn your patronage

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful resort. Close to wineries and shuttle to downtown napa and good restaurants but not much shopping. Beautiful spa and winery at resort and lots of options for food and drink. Spacious rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear injeanious,

Thank you for your 5 star review on TripAdvisor. As a Senior Contributor your comments and compliments mean a great deal to us. I will be certain to share your feedback with our team.
We look forward to your next tip to Napa and hope The Meritage Resort will be a part of your visit.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Napa has historically been a place for grapes and restaurants, not golf, as over-priced Silverado was the only course for a long time. Some time ago Chardonnay and Eagle Vines opened and they are both fun and challenging courses. This resort is located right between downtown Napa those courses and offers a shuttle to both. I played Chardonnay Sunday and it was in great shape.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Bill A,

Thanks for sharing comments about your recent golf experiences in Napa. Many of our guests have had similar experiences and have found The Meritage Resort and Spa to be a great location when considering golf in addition to wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma. We look forward to your next golf trip to the wine country.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Planing ahead your wine tasting route is a smart thing to do. With time I have learned to be selective. Choosing a great hotel to end the day is icing on the cake. This resort is close to Sonoma square, where amazing restaurant await. Of course there is also plenty of great local restaurants in Napa

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Liz A,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa. As you noted our location has proven to be a gateway to Napa and Sonoma for many of our guests. I truly hope you will be able to return to the wine country very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The location is just south (4 miles) south of the City of Napa, and a quick drive to the main highway that dissects Napa Valley.

The resort is more a hotel. Rooms are comfortable, clean and modern, We had room room 103 which had no balcony and a lovely view of the . . . parking lot. So, be specific of where you request a room: balcony and pool/vineyard view is best.

The pool and patio area are lovely. In the afternoon, there is a great mist from the patio roof to keep you cool. Relaxing. Pool is nice, but a little small. Wine cave was enjoyable with wine tasting. I heard the spa is excellent - relaxing.

The concierge (middle aged women) was not only snotty but of no help as we needed to make reservations for large parties three nights. Forget her . . . And forget OpenTable. Call the restaurant.

Would it be better to stay somewhere more central to the Napa Valley -- perhaps.

Room Tip: Patio/balcony with pool and vineyard view would be best. Only a handful have this view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Magg1ema3
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Magg1ema3- Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. Although I am pleased you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, I am sorry you found many areas concerning. Your feedback with regard to the concierge will certainly be addressed. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our service standards. Again, thank you for your review.