2,206 results
All reviews bowling alley crush lounge siena restaurant wine cave tasting room an industrial park wine tasting downtown napa family pool free shuttle business conference concierge desk adult pool wine country shuttle service girls weekend beautiful property
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful resort.

Our room wasn't ready so we played the most expensive game of bowling ever in their bowling alley. We had such a blast and the alley was just beautiful with great equipment and beautiful seating. With a couple drinks and a game for four for one hour set us back $100.

Our room was clean and beautiful and came with complimentary wine which was a waste on us as we're not big wine drinkers. Hey, isn't that weird? Here we are in Napa and we're just not "into" wine. Now what's THAT about?

We had a room with 2 queen beds and they were very comfortable. One part I disliked is I had to share a balcony with another room which is just freaking weird! Not many rooms were like this. There was no privacy there.

The pool was clean and my family had fun swimming. They have beautiful roses all over the property which were so fragrant.

Loved the coffee place where I got some fantastic chocolate. There was some soiree there at the hotel so we didn't get to eat dinner in the cave but in the evening we walked all over the premises and got to see the vineyards on the property so my husband could take photos.

If you look carefully, you'll find jack rabbits in the vineyards. These aren't cute bunnies....these things are as big as kangaroos. Probably from eating those grapes.

One thing I would suggest to management is that the wifi logged us off almost every hour...then we had to put this code in for access. Why do they make this so difficult? Are people borrowing their wifi that they have to make it so hard? This place is really in the middle of nowhere so they should just open it up.

We will definitely be back to take advantage of of all the things the hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: Get a room with a PRIVATE balcony...not one you have to share.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear flgirlaol- Thank you for your review. Your attention to detail and thoughtful feedback is appreciated. I apologize for your concern with regard to the wifi. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our standards and I will have the team address immediately. Again, thank you for your review. I hope you and your family had safe travels back to Florida!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight trip to Napa to celebrate our 17th Anniversary. We found the Meritage to be one of the few hotels in Napa that didn't require a 2-night minimum stay. It's a very pretty property! We found all of the employees to be incredibly friendly and warm. From the check-in to the bar and room service attendants, they were all very kind and helpful.

It was incredibly busy as there were at least 2 wedding parties going on at the same time. We saw brides and grooms taking photos at the front of the property along with drunk bridesmaids in the bar from a different wedding. We had requested a room with an upper level vineyard view a few days prior to our stay and when we checked-in at 5pm, there were no upper rooms available for 30 minutes. We waited in the bar and enjoyed a cocktail with the drunk bridesmaids. The bar staff was very nice and the drinks were also very nice...and strong.

Our room was incredibly clean and the view was of the vineyard with a nice open balcony. We were impressed with how new and updated everything looked. The bed and pillows were super comfy as well. My hubby informed them that this was a special weekend for us and when we came back to our room after our evening out, we found complementary turn down service with a card and chocolates congratulating us on our special day. Very nice touch!

We pre-ordered room service for breakfast and it was delivered exactly at the requested time. Our eggs were also cooked perfectly! The shower has a water pressure issue. I felt like I was being peed on half the time and then sudden bursts of pressure would come thru. I assume this changes based on the number of guests showering at any given time.

Our stay would have been totally perfect with exception to the very loud and drunk wedding guests that roamed the parking lot that was located under our vineyard view as well as the hallway until 3am. We don't blame the Meritage for this however. We did see another building that had no parking lot under their vineyard view and we will certainly request that area next time.

Our one and only concern was when we came back from our late night dinner, we realized that the doors to enter our building from the parking lot do not require a room key. Meaning, anyone can come thru the parking lot, open the door, enter the elevator and roam the halls without a problem. This likely explains the 245am statement we heard in the halls of "they're going to call the cops on us". Kind of unusual for such a large property with a million ways to enter buildings not to have a security measure.

The Meritage is a great option to enjoy Napa as well as the hotel's amenities. It is truly a resort that can cater to any need you may have. It is also very close to Downtown Napa for dining and shopping - with the hotel providing shuttle service to the waterfront, it makes it even more convenient.

We will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ask for a second level room with vineyard view if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamieminer

Dear jamieminer- Happy 17th anniversary!!! Thank you for choosing our resort for your celebrations! I appreciate your detailed account of your stay. I speak for the entire team in that we play close attention to the details and work to provide our guests with exceptional experiences. Your mention of your water pressure has been shared with our engineering department to address.

Thank you for your feedback with regards to the security of our resort. Your thoughts are very valuable to us. I rest-assure you our resort is safe and we have a dedicated security department patrolling 24 hours a day/7 days a week as well as surveillance systems throughout the resort. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have additional questions or concerns. Again, thank you for your review and I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Sales and Catering

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The Meritage is a stunning place, well designed for luxury comfort. It's tucked away from the road just far enough that it is easy to find but quiet enough to make it a perfect getaway. It's truly a piece of paradise!
Once settled into my beautiful room, I walked the grounds finding them more breathtaking in person than pictures gave them credit. As I kept walking I found myself on a trail through the vineyards with spectacular views of the surrounding area.
I was not only impressed with the comfort of the room but also the extremely welcoming & attentive staff. A short elevator ride with Evan (his arms full of what I can only imagine we're the makings of a busy day), gave me the impression that asking about my day was the most important thing on his agenda.
Dinner at Sienna exceeded my expectations, a truly wonderful experience! I enjoyed the halibut cooked so perfectly that it melted in my mouth! Our server Raphael was great, perfectly attentive without disrupting the intimacy of our meal.
An absolutely perfect resort to escape, rest and relax the mayhem of my daily grind.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pageface
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Pageface- It is the greatest compliment to be considered as a 'perfect escape' from the daily grind. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The warmth and description of your review is very much appreciated. I will personally share your thoughts with Evan, Raphael and the entire team. Again, thank you for your review.

Cheers,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went here for our honeymoon and it was awesome. The hotel itself was beautiful and our room was gorgeous. The pool was so nice and relaxing and overlooked a vineyard and the pool side service was pretty awesome. It was really nice that it was an adult only pool. The fitness room was a fully equipped gym that was clean and had fresh towels and water. We did go to the spa and it was a little painful getting a reservation but the treatments themselves were worth it. We will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz W
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Liz W- First and foremost, thank you for choosing our resort for your honeymoon. Your review is much appreciated and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon. Cheers to many more years of wedding bliss!

Truly,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Meritage exceeded all expectations. The rooms were immaculately maintained and decorated. Moreover, the surrounding grounds offered the right balance of luxury and comfort from the pool to the vineyards. Food at the resort was a resounding A+ (not an easy feat when there are four allergies in the party). Finally, the staff went above and beyond. Everyone I encountered always greeted me with a smile and friendly "hello."

I recommend without reservation that people stay at this resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin R

Dear Kevin R- Your recommendation to our resort is absolutely wonderful, thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to share such a wonderful visual of your experience. I am glad that you have recognized our dedication to accommodating our guests with special dietary needs. Again, thank you for your review.