2,243 results
All reviews bowling alley crush lounge sienna restaurant wine cave tasting room wine tasting industrial area downtown napa family pool free shuttle business conference adult pool concierge desk wine country shuttle service girls weekend beautiful property
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at The Meritage Resort and Spa while speaking at a conference.
Absolutely lovely property and very accommodating staff. The wine cellar on property is easy to reach and a wine tasting that was provided for our group was one of the most enjoyable ever.
Entertaining and educational.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kathleen P
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Kathleen P- It is wonderful to read your review. As the Director of Sales and Marketing, it is pertinent that I hear feedback from our groups and conferences. I am truly pleased you enjoyed your time with us, and more importantly the wine tasting experience. It is our commitment to provide exceptional, tailored experiences for our guests visiting wine country. Your review will certainly be shared with everyone involved. I truly hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future- perhaps for a vacation! Again, thank you kindly for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend and were definitely impressed. We were automatically upgraded to a higher level room for a full vineyard view. Everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the deluxe king which was plenty of room with a naively appointed bathroom. The hotel is tucked away just enough from the bustling highway but has easy access to the main roads that will take you to the surrounding areas (Napa downtown 10 min, Yountville 15-20 min). The vineyards out back are great for exploring and hiking. The Spa Terre cave is a blissful experience one should not miss! My only con was the breakfast buffet at Siena, the main restaurant, was subpar. So not inline with anything else at the resort. I'm pretty sure the eggs were powdered. But, I can't say they ruined our experience whatsoever!

Room tip: Definitely request a 3rd floor room with a vineyard view. Much quieter as the lower rooms are often overlooking cars in the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear dwestonx3- It is a pleasure to hear your thoughts from your recent visit to The Meritage. I am pleased you and your husband enjoyed your stay. If we have the pleasure to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to alert our team of your dining concerns. I am confident that our food & beverage team wants all their guests to leave with a positive experience! Regardless, I have shared your review with the team. Again, thank you for all of your kind words and please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came to Meritage for a business meeting. We enjoyed the resort, but we've been to other resorts with more to do, better amenities and better value for the dollar.

We were mildly annoyed with our housekeeper on two separate occasions, but the front desk took care of both issues immediately and impressively.

If we were traveling for pleasure we would likely end up elsewhere, but this is a good resort.

Room tip: Our room was a hike from the lobby, and Wi-Fi was not great as a result. However, we got plenty of exercise.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Lew D.- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent trip to Napa Valley. We are currently working to resolve the challenges with the wifi. Your experience is not indicative of our standards- and will certainly be resolved. Again, thank you for your review.

Truly,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful resort.

Our room wasn't ready so we played the most expensive game of bowling ever in their bowling alley. We had such a blast and the alley was just beautiful with great equipment and beautiful seating. With a couple drinks and a game for four for one hour set us back $100.

Our room was clean and beautiful and came with complimentary wine which was a waste on us as we're not big wine drinkers. Hey, isn't that weird? Here we are in Napa and we're just not "into" wine. Now what's THAT about?

We had a room with 2 queen beds and they were very comfortable. One part I disliked is I had to share a balcony with another room which is just freaking weird! Not many rooms were like this. There was no privacy there.

The pool was clean and my family had fun swimming. They have beautiful roses all over the property which were so fragrant.

Loved the coffee place where I got some fantastic chocolate. There was some soiree there at the hotel so we didn't get to eat dinner in the cave but in the evening we walked all over the premises and got to see the vineyards on the property so my husband could take photos.

If you look carefully, you'll find jack rabbits in the vineyards. These aren't cute bunnies....these things are as big as kangaroos. Probably from eating those grapes.

One thing I would suggest to management is that the wifi logged us off almost every hour...then we had to put this code in for access. Why do they make this so difficult? Are people borrowing their wifi that they have to make it so hard? This place is really in the middle of nowhere so they should just open it up.

We will definitely be back to take advantage of of all the things the hotel has to offer.

Room tip: Get a room with a PRIVATE balcony...not one you have to share.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear flgirlaol- Thank you for your review. Your attention to detail and thoughtful feedback is appreciated. I apologize for your concern with regard to the wifi. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our standards and I will have the team address immediately. Again, thank you for your review. I hope you and your family had safe travels back to Florida!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight trip to Napa to celebrate our 17th Anniversary. We found the Meritage to be one of the few hotels in Napa that didn't require a 2-night minimum stay. It's a very pretty property! We found all of the employees to be incredibly friendly and warm. From the check-in to the bar and room service attendants, they were all very kind and helpful.

It was incredibly busy as there were at least 2 wedding parties going on at the same time. We saw brides and grooms taking photos at the front of the property along with drunk bridesmaids in the bar from a different wedding. We had requested a room with an upper level vineyard view a few days prior to our stay and when we checked-in at 5pm, there were no upper rooms available for 30 minutes. We waited in the bar and enjoyed a cocktail with the drunk bridesmaids. The bar staff was very nice and the drinks were also very nice...and strong.

Our room was incredibly clean and the view was of the vineyard with a nice open balcony. We were impressed with how new and updated everything looked. The bed and pillows were super comfy as well. My hubby informed them that this was a special weekend for us and when we came back to our room after our evening out, we found complementary turn down service with a card and chocolates congratulating us on our special day. Very nice touch!

We pre-ordered room service for breakfast and it was delivered exactly at the requested time. Our eggs were also cooked perfectly! The shower has a water pressure issue. I felt like I was being peed on half the time and then sudden bursts of pressure would come thru. I assume this changes based on the number of guests showering at any given time.

Our stay would have been totally perfect with exception to the very loud and drunk wedding guests that roamed the parking lot that was located under our vineyard view as well as the hallway until 3am. We don't blame the Meritage for this however. We did see another building that had no parking lot under their vineyard view and we will certainly request that area next time.

Our one and only concern was when we came back from our late night dinner, we realized that the doors to enter our building from the parking lot do not require a room key. Meaning, anyone can come thru the parking lot, open the door, enter the elevator and roam the halls without a problem. This likely explains the 245am statement we heard in the halls of "they're going to call the cops on us". Kind of unusual for such a large property with a million ways to enter buildings not to have a security measure.

The Meritage is a great option to enjoy Napa as well as the hotel's amenities. It is truly a resort that can cater to any need you may have. It is also very close to Downtown Napa for dining and shopping - with the hotel providing shuttle service to the waterfront, it makes it even more convenient.

We will definitely return!

Room tip: Ask for a second level room with vineyard view if you can.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamieminer

Dear jamieminer- Happy 17th anniversary!!! Thank you for choosing our resort for your celebrations! I appreciate your detailed account of your stay. I speak for the entire team in that we play close attention to the details and work to provide our guests with exceptional experiences. Your mention of your water pressure has been shared with our engineering department to address.

Thank you for your feedback with regards to the security of our resort. Your thoughts are very valuable to us. I rest-assure you our resort is safe and we have a dedicated security department patrolling 24 hours a day/7 days a week as well as surveillance systems throughout the resort. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have additional questions or concerns. Again, thank you for your review and I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Sales and Catering