This was our second trip to Napa and we also have a friend who is local, so our agenda was more laid back than the first time around. We recognized the "park model" set up when online since we are campers and have actually looked at these models for our vacation property. For us it was a bonus since it gave us insight into a possible future purchase.
Had traded our "lock-off" in Ft. Lauderdale through Interval International for the week in the unit which was a fair trade. Would have been disappointed had we traded the main unit since it is extremely nice w/ full kitchen, laundry, etc. Once again, had an idea of what we were going into and were pleased since we planned to do a lot of traveling and this was a place to "hang our hat".
Our local friends came for dinner one night and really liked the unit and inquired about a "get-away" in the resort. It was roomy enough for the two of us but another couple or children would have been crowded.
Beware of the sales pitch! The pay off is cheap (free dinners w/ a purchase at two separate restaurants with lots of conditions, a bottle of wine, and some complimentary wine tastings). Considering the last Marriott pitch we attended netted a $100.00 gift card to use as we pleased with no strings attached, this seemed cheap and a real waste of our two hours. After owning timeshare for 10 years, this one finally did it and we have sworn off for good!
Laundry service needs an upgrade although it is free. There are 3 combination washer/dryer units which serve the entire resort. This puts you in a competition with your neighbors. The pool area is adequate and family oriented (no frills like an outside bar). You have to sign out towels which is rather weird for us but we are Marriott owners. No wireless in the units but available in the main clubhouse area. There is only one laptop for those of us who did not bring our own and once again this could be upgraded.
Partial maid service twice during the week (towels changed if left on floor, trash emptied, not much more) with a full cleaning mid-week. Service personnel answered our requests quickly and the staff was friendly and helpful. Each unit has its own parking which saves a lot of hassle and stress (we have driven around resort parking lots at 10 pm looking for a spot to park). The walking trail was right behind our unit and we made good use of it on our first full day.
Overall we had a great time and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing place to use as home base in this wonderful area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RiverPointe Napa Valley is a resort that will suit any type of vacation. We offer studio and one-bedroom cottages. Guests enjoy room amenities such as an outdoor deck, fully-equipped kitchen, king/queen sized bed, sofa sleeper, and deluxe bathrooms. Additionally, on-site amenities include indoor/outdoor games, outdoor heated swimming pool, two outdoor hot tubs, and complimentary laundry facilities. Our delightful country cottages are sure to give you the vacation you have always wanted. The hotel provides free wifi for all guests. We look forward to your stay at RiverPointe Napa Valley where there is plenty of room for fun, relaxation, and savoring Napa Valley. Please note a Daily Resort Fee of $15 plus tax will be collected at time of booking. Guests must be 18 years of age or older with a valid ID and credit card to book and check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverpointe Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- Riverpointe Hotel Napa
- RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort CA