“Rude and Disorganized”

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Rude and Disorganized”
Reviewed 2 May 2007

We first visited this timeshare out of curiosity, it was not yet done.
After 90 minutes of babble, we left, saying we would book again when it was more completed.
The next time we were caled we wcheduled a visit, but when we got there they had no record of our reservations & would not squeeze us in.
We decided to give the benefit of the doubt & booked again some months later.
SAME THING - No record of our reservations.
At that point we requested that our name be removed from their calling list.
We currently receive calls every few months, usually 2 within an hour and another 2 a few days later.
EACH CALL WE REQUEST THAT WE BE REMOVED FROM THE CALLING LIST.
When we ask to speak to a supervisor to maybe get this to actually happen, they hang up.
This is not anyone you can trust to do business with.

• Liked — nice location, except for the floods
  • Disliked — terrible treatment of potential owner
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank green90101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Summerville, SC
Reviewed 28 April 2007

My husband's clients gave us a week of their timeshare here, and we loved every minute of it. If you've read the reviews of River Pointe, you know that the "units" are in fact trailers. Don't be alarmed! True, the units are mobile homes, but they are amazing!! We had a one bedroom, one bath (pics uploaded), and it was the perfect size for the 2 of us for a whole week. We want one just like it to stay in when we visit his parents' lake place.

There is a bedroom, full bath (larger than any hotel bath i've seen), a kitchen area, a family room with pullout couch, and a porch with a 4-seater table. The kitchen does not have a regular oven, which we found out after we bought a frozen pizza to cook. It only has a convection oven/microwave. But everything else that you need is there! Laundry room in the back of the complex. Only 4 washers and 4 dryers, so do your laundry when you don't expect anyone else to.

We went at the end of April, during the first phase of the growing season in the wineries, so it was pretty quiet. The resort does have a "quiet policy" from 9pm-9am, so neighbors disturbing you are never a problem. DON'T BRING YOUR PETS ON THE PROPERTY. They clearly tell you this, but our neighbors apparently couldn't read. They brought their little dog, and the people at the resort told them they had to leave.

The only time that I was not happy was when one of the guest services people (Marilyn) never called me back after I left 3 messages for her. I was trying to book my husband and I on a special expedition through the wineries through the resort, and due to the fact that she never called back, we were not signed up for the Saturday tour. She had to create a Sunday tour to get us in, but when the other couples who were scheduled for Sunday cancelled, she never even called us to let us know. My husband had gone up to the front desk to ask about something else, and Marilyn said, "Oh yeah, we can't drive you around today." Everything worked out, though....we just drove ourselves and covered two times the wineries the resort would have covered.

Anyway, I do recommend River Pointe Napa Valley. It is very convenient to everything in the Napa Valley region, as well as to Sonoma.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank bmesservy
Austin, TX
Reviewed 1 February 2007

We received our stay here from my parents who gave us their use of a timeshare. I have to admit that the website for the place makes it appear much "grander" than it really is. That being said, it's a nice place and I'm sure it's even prettier in the spring and summer.

We stayed 4 nights. The clubhouse area and attendants are very pleaseant and quite helpful. We got lots of good tips for where to go and what to do.

The accommodations though were just average. They are trailers with very nice inside decor. We definitely liked the "condo" type setting for a base of operation in the Napa Valley. Had I paid for a 4 stary type setting, I'd have been dissappointed.

Nice place though.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank thechief71
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 21 January 2007

I booked this through Interval International in 2004, with 3 of my girlfiriends, and was nervous when I got my paperwork that read: Please note: these units are free standing trailers. I couldn't believe I had booked myself and my friends at a trailer park! Once we got there, we were delighted by the bright, cheery and comfortable decor, our personal deck, the river that meanders through the property, the walking trail, and the convenience of location and being able to prepare some meals (namely breakfast) in our unit. I personally prefer the condo style to a stuffy hotel room, anyway. The staff was very informed and helpful with directions and recommendations. This year, my sister and I will be returning to River Pointe Napa Valley, and I am very much looking forward to it. That said, my total cost for 1 week was ~$500, so for a time share exchange, I was very pleased. If I were paying $150+/night, I might choose to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lamccammon
Abq, NM
Reviewed 31 October 2006

This stay was an Interval exchange. Interval rate this resort as a 5*. I wouldn't. That being said, it was still an enjoyable stay.

We had a two bedroom unit for 2 couples. This consisted of the main unit (which is basically a single wide small trailer) which had a living area, kitchen, bathroom (with tub) and bedroom. This unit was connected via an outside deck to the studio unit, which consisted of studio unit with bathroom (stand up shower). We all flinched when we first drove up because all the "cottages" were really packed in there, but after being there for a week, we hardly ever encountered other guests. They have the cottages arranged so you park and proceed to your deck.

My biggest complaint is about the beds and pillows. They were terrible. The towels were plush, the furnishings were good, but the beds were awful!

As I said, it is more like a 3*.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
6 Thank 721belmont
california
Reviewed 24 October 2006

What a BEAUTIFUL and QUAINT town Napa is...
Spent 4 beautiful days in Napa, interspersed between San Francisco, Hiking on Mt. Tamalpais, Basking on the beach at Stinson Beach, and a quick (albeit too quick) jaunt down to Monterey!!!!!
All were WELL within driving distance and Napa was a great "hub"... Especially if you like wine...As you all know, Napa is of course the Center of the american wine culture and this town has everything. Like I said, we spent 3 full days here between our day trips elsewhere, and when we come back again, we will spend even more days here and fewer out and about. Wineries are fantastic and accomodating, not to mention more than we expected.
The rooms are a bit small, but the sevice more than made up for it...especially since we saw what other hotel rooms were going for in this sought after area...
We could do nothing but rave about this trip...SOOOO beautiful!
cheers.

• Liked — the convenience and WINE!
  • Tips/Secrets — Have an itinerary if you want to do stuff...there is sooo much to do!!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sfrtk
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2006

We stayed four nites with two other couples. Our rooms were located next to each other divided by a deck which was nice.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. It was a nice centrally located motel. We did not partake of the time share sales event so that may be why we liked it. (We did listen to the group spiel).
I would go back if not only that it is clean and in a nice location.

• Stayed May 2005, travelled with friends