“Beautiful rooms!”

Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Aurora, Illinois
“Beautiful rooms!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My friends and I stayed in a one-bedroom condo. It was very beautifully furnished, with full kitchen, fireplace & large bathroom. With the stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, large shower & soaker tub, it is one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. Everything was very clean. I would definitedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I dont want to repeat myself, but this place is so worth it. We had a nice one bedroom suite with full kitchen. The rooms are beautiful and are set up so nice, especially after a day of wine tasting. You can cook up your paste in the kitchen or maybe grill a steak on the provided bbq's next to pool. Open a bottle of wine and sit on your balcony or patio and enjoy! Some may say that they dont like the location, but we find it nice because it is next to the main roads that go west to Sonoma or North to Napa Valley. When you first drive up, you think you are headed into a business area, but once you are there you will love it. You can take a morning walk through the attached vineyards and it is peaceful. We did go on a weekend , so we did not experince any noise from the new expansion, but there is construction going on this year next to the sister resort. I doubt you would be disturbed on this side of property though.

Room Tip: The one bedroom is well worth the upgrade!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fromsocal
Ft. Mill, Sc
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I had business at the Meritage next door, then used my time share for a 1 bedroom king unit. It was very spacious. The service was good, they cleaned the room ,made the bed ,changed the towels ,and supplied water and coffee etc. everyday, It is full kitchen with pots and pans and glasses etc. The grill by the pool is available to use and is cleaned everyday. The bed was comfortable and the bath was fantastic. The shower with 4 shower heads and the top one are great. You need a car to stay here. They have a shuttle but only for dinner in Napa. You can use the Meritage work out room and the spa is very nice. Free wifi and free local calls are nice for arranging wine tours etc.
People complain about the location in a business park but the views out the back are of the vineyards and the pool. It is great.
The restaurant is so-so. The breakfast buffet is ok but the best is the Meritage breakfast for $10, 2 eggs , bacon or sausage, potatoes, and sour dough bread.. Tea is $2.99 I think which I think should come with the breakfast. It's free in the lobby.
If you have a time share check it out. I think the points required are very little compared with others I have used.
I would go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank nb29707
California
Reviewed 17 August 2011

we loved our stay here , enjoyed the pool and spa , the rooms were very beautiful, a little pricey for the location of the resort ...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 12 August 2011

What a beautiful resort! We had a one bedroom (king sized bed) with connecting bedroom. (This makes their 2 bedroom) The decor is gorgeous. We walked in and my husband said it was the nicest hotel room he's ever stayed in. Granite counters AND dining room table, spacious kitchen, gorgeous travertine and glass shower, XL bathroom and jacuzzi tub. I can't say enough about how nice the rooms were. And we received a free bottle of wine as a 'Welcome Gift". Bed and pillows were comfortable.
Even better we had first floor that walked out to the pool. We did not dine here or use the spa, but we did spend time in the pool area and we would go back just for that. Our 4 year old had a blast playing in the sprinkler area (water shooting up from the ground) and the kids pool. We used the grills in the pool area both days.
The grocery store is only a couple miles away, as is Target in the event you forget something.
The views from the hotel are non-exsistent but this place outshines its boring surroundings!
We will be back just to stay at the hotel and enjoy it's amenities (in summer-time).

I have no idea how much the rooms cost, we are Shell Vacation owners and it was worth all the points we used. I will say though that the resort is very classy.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jenny S
Harbeson, Delaware
Reviewed 11 August 2011

This resort thought of everything. Unlike other timeshare locations, the towels and ammenities were changed daily. Even bottled water was provided daily. The location had its own vinyard and tasting room so no travel was necessary. However, a shuttle was provided for those who wanted to go into town. A bottle of wine was chilling in our refrigerator. Although we did not try the restaurant, the facility looked lovely including outdoor dining. The public rooms were beautiful. CDs could be borrowed and popcorn was provided. The robes made it special. We are planning to return for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rugirldc73
San Diego
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Our friend has a timeshare so we stayed at two of the condo/rooms at Bello Vino. Bello Vino is next door to the Meritage and there is a considerable amount of construction going on next door. We didn't hear any noise and weren't affected by the construction but it was definitely visible. We enjoyed the rooms but the location of the resorts are in a commercial area. I went for 5 mile runs in the area and it was commercial office building after another with the exception of the golf course and a decent paved walking path a couple of miles away.

The fitness room is the bare basics and on the depressing and claustrophic side. I walked in and walked right out. I don't think more than 3 people could comfortably work out in there at once and for a resort this size it is seriously lacking.

Everyone working at the resorts was friendly and helpful. The staff at the Siena restaurant on site was friendly and extremely accomodating. They answered all of our questions and modified our breakfasts exactly as we requested. When we told them we were rushed to meet our driver they totally understood and rushed to get us our breakfasts and check right away. I would definitely recommend staying here if given the opportunity. My only regret is that I ran out of time to check out their wine and spa cave.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends