“I really loved this place - GREAT service, great property!”
Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Chicago, Illinois
“I really loved this place - GREAT service, great property!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Let me get my ONE negative comment out of the way first: other reviewers are correct when they say that this resort is not in the most ideal area of Napa. It IS across from a corporate park, and it is not close to downtown. That said, everything else was great, and I actually would not have WANTED to stay in downtown Napa - it was quieter out at Bello Vino and Meritage.

The room was beautiful. My husband and I stayed in a one-bedroom condo unit in the Merlot building. Bathroom was beautiful, shower was great (although somewhat low water pressure), jacuzzi tub was beautiful, kitchen was nice and fully-stocked, bed was comfortable, fireplace was enjoyable. We were very happy with the room. We didn't have any problems with noise as other guests have said they have, but occasionally we could hear people walking above us (we were on the first floor). We got really good sleep here. The only problem was finding parking, but luckily there was complimentary valet when we couldn't find any parking reasonably close to our room.

I was originially considering booking at the Meritage, but was somewhat scared off by some of the negative reviews. Although I'm glad we stayed at the Vino Bello and enjoyed the full kitchen, I think my fears of the Meritage were unfounded (Vino Bello and Meritage share the same concierage and check-in desk). The staff was very concerned about service, and everyone was very friendly. The lobby of the Meritage was gorgeous, as was the restaurant Siena.

The grounds of the Meritage/Vino Bello are also lovely. Lots of outdoor sitting places with fires burning in pits and fireplaces at night - lovely! We really wanted to take advantage of the cave spa and cave tasting room, but we just simply didn't have time - it looked gorgeous, though!

We had absolutely no problem getting to and from downtown Napa with the Meritage shuttle bus. It was very convenient.

The complimentary bottle of wine in our room was appreciated (even though Moscato isn't my favorite).

Overall, I was very satisifed. I would stay here again, and I would most definitely take advantage of the spa next time!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had the misfortune of staying here from August 29 thru Sept 5. If you stay at this run down dump you will need ear plugs and room spray due to the very cheap construction. We had 3 different rooms during our 7 day stay. All 3 were wore out in most ways and dealing with the front desk is a joke. As Shell (Hell) Vacation Club Elite members,we were treated like dirt. I have so much to say but there is not enough room to list all of the problems we had.I do want to give a thumbs up to all the bellman who constantly had to move us. DO NOT STAY HERE,BEWARE!

Room Tip: The 3 different rooms we had were 1105,1202,3301. All had major problems. Hell Vacation Club member...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank FUSVC
VinoBello1, General Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Valued Elite Member,

Thank you for visiting the Vino Bello Resort. Our front desk is held up to very high service standards so I do apologize if we were unable to meet them during your stay. As for the room construction, we placed a lot careful consideration and time into it which makes me very concerned about your feedback. I would like to speak with you directly in order to learn more about your stay. You may reach me at mpalmer@themeritageresort.com. I look forward to our discussion.
Indianapolis, in
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just returned from a long weekend getaway. The Vino Bello is everything that prior reviews claim. Strongly Recommend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Complete kitchen and beautiful room. Not in beautiful part of Napa, but is a beautiful resort.
Everything else about the room was Awesome. We travelled with another couple and shared a 2 bedroom Condo. Note: the 2 rooms offer great privacy, but one has a better bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Great living room/kitchen in which you could cook meals. We enjoyed the area for relaxing and pre-dinner snacks.
Complimentary transportation to Napa for dinner each night.
Beware: OUR only disappointment was the wine offered at the hotel bar. While traveling to the best wine making area in America (if not the world) we were VERY disappointed with the wine offered at hotel. This hotel has cheap wines available at WalMart for $10 being sold for $36 - $62. Total rip-off. We learned after the first night and never returned. We bought our own wine and stayed in our room. Please improve this.....remember that there are lots of people traveling to your facility who know about wine. They will all be very put off by the wine selections and the gouging prices.
So......Bring your own wine. Book this Resort.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank docbfree
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The Vino Bello shares amenities w The Meritage. VB's rooms are luxurious, right up there with Marriott timeshares. Granite kitchen countertops, large bathrooms, cozy living room and bedroom...wish we were staying longer...

Shuttle bus takes u to downtown napa

Parking a little challenging at night...

• Stayed October 2012
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had a brief stay at Vino Bello on our way to Tahoe in Sept. It was not long enough! Can't wait to go back there again, and have more time to remain onsite, and enjoy the fabulous ammenities. From check in to check out, we enjoyed the experience immensley! Many outdoor firepits and jacuzzi's.....beautiful grounds....even a bowling alley! Our room was gorgeous and included a large jacuzzi bathtub, and a fireplace. Employees were friendly, and professional. Anna Liza at the front desk, was really awesome. One of my favorite things about the grounds was the gorgeous scent of the beautiful roses everywhere....definetly would reccommend this wonderful location!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 September 2012

i am reposting this for vino bello because i accidentally posted for mertiage. anyway, here goes:

sounds cliche, but i seriously would give this place negative 5 stars if possible. i stayed here with the wife after we decided to stay in napa for one for night. what a mistake. first of all, i chose this place based on the website and price point ($400!). sure, it's not the most expensive place on the planet, but a $400 a night price point brings a certain expectation to it, wouldn't you say? well, let me share with you my horrible experience:

(1) took probably 40 minutes just to check in. we literally stood in at the front desk for over 40 minutes, which is ludicrous and stupid. i should have walked at that point.

(2) the room was small for $400, it was just a standard-sized room.

(3) upstairs people decided to jump around all night long, which is their prerogative. if this place was constructed properly, we shouldn't have heard a footstep, but given the cheap construction job and thin walls and ceiling, we heard everything. didn't get a wink of sleep.

(4) this is the doozy. the next morning i left the room to go get something from my car, and guess what i was greeted by? a crew of 4 cleaning ladies posted up literally right outside of our door. they were just standing there, with carts at their sides, seemingly waiting for us to check out so they could do their thing and turn the room around for the next unsuspecting customer to rip off. this was at 930 AM, check out was 11 AM. i walked in and out for various reasons 4 times, and they were there all 4 times, and in the way, i might add. i literally had to squeeze in and out. i mean, come on, do you HAVE to wait right outside of our door? it made me feel rushed and uncomfortable to the point where i jokingly said "sorry, we'll be out of here in a sec". that comment was greeted by complete silence. what the heck? we checked out early just to get out of there.

(5) i complained to the front desk before leaving, to which they just said "sorry" (what crappy hospitality). after i got back home, i emailed the hotel to tell them what had happened, and the front desk manager, evan harrelson, offered me a free night and upgrade for a future stay. even though i asked for a refund, i suspected they wouldn't part with greenbacks in hand, so i accepted their offer. three weeks later, i have still not received the gift certificate that evan had offered to me. i emailed him asking for a status, and got an auto-responder saying he was out until this past saturday. now it is tuesday and still nothing. talk about fool me twice.

EDIT: i finally received the certificate ... after they read my review.

this place is not worth the price by any stretch of the imagination (and i have a good imagination). the rip-off price of $400 is set to help subsidize the free time-share visitors, i am sure. steer clear of this place. there are much more better places in the napa valley area for better prices. or, if you enjoy crappy experiences and wasting money, then this is the hotel for you.

cheers.

Room Tip: best tip: stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank max p
VinoBello1, General Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Valued Guest,

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay. We take guest feedback very seriously and will only use it to improve. Our check-in process is made to be efficient and informative and a wait time of 40 minutes is not typical. Also, our housekeepers are not instructed to wait outside of rooms that are due out so I do apologize for making you feel rushed. This issue was addressed immediately with our housekeeping staff in order to ensure that it never happens again. Thank you once again for the feedback and I would like to invite you back soon, for a markedly improved experience.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

This place gets it. They gave me a first floor room (2br condo). Very nice but I asked for something a bit higher and they switched me as soon as they could as the place seems full. My waitress at Siena was legitimately concerned about my toast sitting out too long. My hungover girlfriend had room service deliver a Gatorade this morning. They don't even have Gatorade!!! They must've went out and got some. Wow

Quick hits-

Yes, it's in an office park. Doesn't matter. You won't notice. Beautiful place but if you're looking for a cozy B and B tucked away on a farm this ain't it

Parking lot gets full but they have free valet so who cares?!?!

Open air gym. Spa. Tastings. Jacuzzi. Bowling. Nfl ticket in sports bar. Free shuttle to town

How can anyone not have fun here?!??? I guess there's no pleasing some folks....

• Stayed September 2012