“So glad we came! ”
Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We spent the Christmas Holiday in this time share resort. Very relaxing and accommodations were great! Suites were clean, good size and kitchen /ref as well saved us money on meals. Location is close to the outlets, wine tasting, restaurants around the area but you do have to drive to get there. Complimentary bottle of wine too was a nice touch. Wish the shuttle service however did not start too late in the day! I suggest starting at 11am and not 4 pm. Overall, our family of 4 really glad we came and spent Christmas week here!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank SusieSD

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

They are only getting 3★ because the one bedroom condo, was impressive. Beyond that the Best Western in Sonoma we stayed the night before was a better overall hotel experience. First they
put a $100 a NIGHT hold on your credit card above and beyond the expected room charges. Then after checking in your need to see the concierge to "complete" your check-in.
Other than giving you 2 plastic wine glasses and some chocolates, that based on the ingredient list "may contain chocolate" (I'm not kidding) the concierge tries to force you into a Shell/Wyndam hospitality orientation breakfast, wanting you to give up your credit card info and $20 bucks.
Well I guess after traveling 8 hours and just wanting to get to our room I lost my good judgment and agreed to the stupid breakfast. Well we show up at the specific time and are promptly asked for a photo ID and a major credit card for both of us. My wife did not bring her purse with her to a "Free" breakfast so she
was told she would have to walk back across ths resort to get it. I told them she was not going to do that in 37 degree temps and we were not told that was required. No ID=no breakfast was what I told.
Told her didn't care about the stupid breakfast or the stupid tasting coupons but that you just wasted my limited time we have in NAPA, they don't care, neither did the concierge staff or the front desk staff. Someone did send up a plate that had about $2.00 retail worth of melon on it, that I refused. There are better hotels that have better service and care about their guests, but this is not one of them. Be prepared to park on the street as they do not have nearly enough parking spaces for all the guests.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank canesfam1
Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I are elite Shell Vacation Club time share owners, and stay at Vino Bello often. As elite members, we are supposed to have "elite" fluffy robes in our rooms on arrival and a welcome gift (pretzels, mustard, wine corkscrew, and chocolates). Since becoming elite members, whenever we stay at this resort we have to ask for these things to be delivered to us. And then, it takes multiple calls. Not exactly what I would call elite treatment.

However, Patricia was above and beyond exceptional. She recognized that we were upset and worked really hard to sort things out. When we called a second time, she was stunned that we still hadn't gotten our robes (we use those robes in lieu of towels) and were waiting to go to the pool, she moved mountains and got somebody to deliver them right away. Later, she checked in with us to make sure that we had gotten our welcome gift (I just love those pretzels and mustard).

I'm not sure what is going on with Vino Bello, but service seems to be deteriorating there. When you can say that the PBX operator was the highlight of the stay, that says something about the resort.

Thank you Patricia for being an outstanding employee for Vino Bello/Meritage, and for being an outstanding human being. - Jim & Bradaigh Holt

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bradaigh H
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stay at the Vino Bello Resort one to two times a year. It is a very nice and well appointed resort. The vineyards on the hill behind the buildings and the Wine Cave add to its charm. There is a shuttle into downtown Napa if you do not want to drive the fifteen minutes. With all the great dining and wines in the area, it is hard not to have a great time. It is a timeshare property so be prepared to be asked to attend a presentation. Just remember that you can say no.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sehoag
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We booked a king bed, ended up with double beds and the hotel said they were booked could not accommodate a king bed room for us, FLOP.

Concierge got it all wrong. I pre-ordered wine, cheese, and flowers to be in the room upon our arrival as a surprise for my lady. When we walked in the door, they CHOKED, air ball! They never delivered my order. I called concierge to notify them of the flop and they recovered by delivering everything with no charge.

I also set us up with a couples massage. Asked the lmt for deep tissue with a focus on lower back, instead I felt like the lmt was just petting me. We paid a premium for the resort massage, I could probably get 6 great massages in my home town compared to we got at vino bello. I would ask for the best lmt when you make your reservation.

I was invited to do a time share deal, offering free massage and $120 towards vineyard coupons. When I arrived early in the morning, the time share lady did not have my name on the list, concierge never added me, another FLOP.

Worst part for last, they DOUBLE CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD. If I did not check my bank statements, they would've double charged me. I had to contact the hotel and notify them of the double charge. Eventually they made the correction.

Next time we will pass on this resort, our first and last time there.

Room Tip: Double check your bank statement to avoid double charges.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This hotel was a little bit hard to find - as it is connected to another hotel and they share a check in lobby. We stayed in one of the buildings that were far off from the main hotel. Not sure why they chose a room so far... because it didn't look like the hotel was crowded. It is a far park and drive from the main lobby, so be prepared to walk around. It is also mostly outdoors- imagine like a college campus and the dorms. The lobby was nice and the pool area was nice. The pool overlooks a vineyard - that was probably the highlight of the hotel. The cafe was not that great they have a wine bar underneath/underground the vineyard. It was nice except the fact that there was one bartender serving like 10+ people. Over all this hotel was decent for the price, the rooms were ok, our carpet was damp when we arrived. The fridge was apparently leaking and they had solved the problem by laying towels on the floor instead of switching rooms for us. :(

This hotel is a bit far from the main vineyard strip so be prepared to drive to get to some of the more popular vineyards.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Heather N
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at Vino Bello in July and we were not disappointed! We were in one of the studio rooms with two beds. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the beds were very comfy. We loved having the mini-fridge and kitchenette space. The view was wonderful. We did not utilize the pool areas, but the pool near our room seemed quieter than the adults-only pool. We did use the hotel shuttle two nights and were grateful that this service was offered. It was nice to be able to head downtown for dinner, and wine of course, without having to worry about driving. It is a bit farther from most of the vineyards, but we didn't mind this. We will definitely stay here again someday!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alissa2128
Shell W, Social Media Team at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some activity suggestions for future guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your spacious unit and found the bedding comfortable. Thanks again for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.